Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Christmas Freeze Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

Rain in Blanchardstown,ice appears to have melted although cars are still skidding around,getting a bit dark,no sign of any snow whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

hammering it down with rain here in south east mayo. 1.1c though

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

So no real thaw?

Scandinavian mythology writes of hell as freezing cold...

Ulster
    25 December 2009- updated at 12:00
    Today

Cold and frosty at first. Rain spreading across the province this afternoon and evening. The rain may fall as sleet and snow for a time in places. Highs of zero to plus 3 degrees in a light southeasterly breeze.

Tonight

Clearer, drier conditions spreading to all areas early tonight. Scattered showers in the west will spread eastwards overnight. Some of the showers will be wintry. Lows of minus 3 to zero degrees with icy patches. Winds light to moderate southerly.

Tomorrow

It will be mainly cloudy on St Stephan's day with scattered showers. Again some of the showers will be wintry. Highs of 1 to 4 degrees in a light to moderate southerly breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Typical eh!
    Happy Christmas everyone.
    99960.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

The sky to my west and SW has turned a browny black. Looks like one mother of shower moving in. +0.9c at the mo.

Very dangerous conditions out there still. Every walking/driving surface is just one big sheet of ice. Slipped on my arse a couple of times just walking out to the gate. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Rougies wrote: »
    Typical eh!
    Happy Christmas everyone.
    99960.jpg

Looks good supposed to be edging in here...

The sky to my west and SW has turned a browny black. Looks like one mother of shower moving in. +0.9c at the mo.

Very dangerous conditions out there still. Every walking/driving surface is just one big sheet of ice. Slipped on my arse a couple of times just walking out to the gate. :mad:

yeah of rain, really heavy rain!

snaps wrote: »
    yeah of rain, really heavy rain!

Just moving in over here now. Looks almost tornadic on its northern edge. Black as night almost.

ugh most of the snows going to miss us!

• Advertisement

owenc wrote: »
    ugh most of the snows going to miss us!

Relax Owen. You'll see some snow.

Snap's heavy rain now here with some hail in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Heavy snow now letterkenny. Laying.

Relax Owen. You'll see some snow.

Snap's heavy rain now here with some hail in the mix.

no temp is -0.3c and the things only on the rooves and cars are starting to melt aghhhhhg!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭squonk

Pcold be a danger tonight of frost which would make that slush and sheet ice out there lethal. Will be interesting to see how temps go in the next few hours. The hardest of the stuff here isn't going away very quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭gothwalk

-4.7C overnight here, never seen it that cold before here. Spectacular frost until about 13:00-ish, when rain and rapidly rising temperatures took it off. Didn't dispose of the ice, though, and the concrete areas on the railway bridge footpaths were lethal up to an hour ago.

Rain has now cleared, but not expecting any snow, and if this cloud cover stays in, we won't get a freeze again tonight.

Happy Christmas! I've a goose and a great deal of booze to talk to, so I probably won't be back on today.

snow coming in here really slowly thank god its coming because its going to be crap if we do not get a frost tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Pools of water over ice, never seen the likes, roads must be a disaster, no way in hell am i driving anywhere tonight.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Supercell wrote: »
    Pools of water over ice, never seen the likes, roads must be a disaster, no way in hell am i driving anywhere tonight.

A&E must be a disaster today!

Amount of falls/crashes must be huge.

Supercell wrote: »

flip southeners in every country can never cope with this weather weve had worse and you lot get this flip if you had this you would all die lolio!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Near white out here in letterkenny. Good inch already down and not slowing down. Roads becoming impassable yet again.

• Advertisement

:mad:

Not funny when people are breaking bones, Owen. Not at all funny.

And some will die. Watch the news.

flip southeners in every country can never cope with this weather weve had worse and you lot get this flip if you had this you would all die lolio!:D

irish1967 wrote: »
    Near white out here in letterkenny. Good inch already down and not slowing down. Roads becoming impassable yet again.

lucky you is it still falling i wonder if itll lie here even though theres frost.... temp is -0.1c now so it better hurry up and give us a couple of inches then freeze overnight so we have a cool day tomorrow and by cool i mean 1c not 4c or even 3c!!!!! -0.1c feel roastig to me now!:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Graces7 wrote: »

Not funny when people are breaking bones, Owen. Not at all funny.

And some will die. Watch the news.
    I have given him an infraction.

OwenC
    Your posts are become increasingly irritating and sometimes abusive.

Anymore and you will be given a short-term ban, i didn't want to give you one on Christmas but you've had a few dodgy ones today.

Ah well.. I have a kettle and a large pan full of snow melting... All sorted and organised. And there is no sign of a thaw out there; the snow is blocks of ice to cut out..

Going to close the curtain against it all soon...
    irish1967 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

White out here in south donegal aswell! What a perfect day .
    Roads are bad!
    Has anyone seen rtes website , it says -9 for tonight ? that couldnt be right?
    Wheres this thaw :P
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1225/weather.html :D

Where indeed is that thaw?

Is it too late to hibernate?
    Pangea wrote: »
    Roads are bad!

temps are decreasing now sun set has passed. .4c now and everything re freezing. winds SE now as well.

What?

Pangea wrote: »
    Roads are bad!
    Snow grapel reached here stopped30mins ago some snow this is maybe it will come later.... Enough said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭squonk

no temp is -0.3c and the things only on the rooves and cars are starting to melt aghhhhhg!:(
    snaps wrote: »
    temps are decreasing now sun set has passed. .4c now and everything re freezing. winds SE now as well.

Yeah it's getting very slippery around here in Clare again. Makes yesterdays conditions look safe!

Advertisement