Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuf 10 thread - Use spoiler tags untill fights are shown here, plus read post 112

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pharmergriffin

It seemed that Matt hit Junk a few good pucks in the first minute and didn't rush into anything. I thought Matt was fighting pretty intelligently (bit of a paradox) at the start. Not getting sucked into Junks guard. However, their fitness was pretty rubbish as too was the rest of the fight.

That was some funny stuff about Matt hearing voices!

Crazy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

The latest fight had two guys with very, very poor cardio from what I could see. They both looked gassed within two minutes of the first round. One had his mouth open for the entire fight.

There's something about two guys looking exhausted throwing punches with no conviction that is not good to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

You will need to put spoiler tags on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Junk got hit in the eye early on . From Brendan Schaub's blog

"Also, in the fight, if you look closely, Scott's eyelid is inside out. He accidentally caught a finger from Matt. He lost almost all his eye sight after this, which happened in the first minute of the fight. He ended up having a torn retina. "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

ouch!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    You will need to put spoiler tags on that.
    In fairness, he didn't really give anything away there, other than that he thought it was a poor showing.
    That said:
    Their cardio really was awful. Poor eyesight might have been something of an explanation on the part of Junk but I don't buy that. He was doing an alright job of defending himself in the second round but he didn't look like he had any gas in the tank.

I'm not one to point fingers as I've gassed seriously in the past myself but then again, I've no illusions about being UFC standard either. Those two guys really weren't in shape for the level of competition they claim to want to face (though there's a question mark over how much Mitrione really wants to fight top level guys anyway, since he does seem to be scared of half of the guys in the house).

One thing's for sure, there isn't a single guy who's made it through so far who won't want to be fighting Mitrione in the next round with cardio like that. Weather the early storm and he's there for the taking.

If that's the fight of the season, as advertised, then we're screwed.

Thus far I haven't enjoyed it anyway. I gave up enjoyin watching 2 dudes throw childish insults at each other when I finished in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ahe316

As a new poster 1st off I think this spolier lark is bs however not to open old wounds....
    Probably the best episode of the season so far for insults and entertainment. Shame they didn't follow up on Rampage pulling the door down but guess that's for nexts weeks show.

The 2 blob haymaker slugfest at the end wasn't fitting of what came before. Let's just say junk lived up to his name (badumtsh!). Was sure Matt meathead was gonna get ko'd the way he left his gob so open trying to suck in air, but guess Junk didn't have enough power in his punches.

Question is would any of the TUF 10 fighters make to a main UFC card - hard to see imo from what's been displayed to date. Kimbo maybe for marketability but they'd have to put him up against a lamb to the slaughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

these spoiler tags are really getting old, new thread should be started for US discussion :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Just a thought.

Does anyone think that the show may have been edited to show Rampage in a bad light since he announced his retirement?

IMO, In the first couple of episodes it showed him in a good light and Rashad as a bit of an ass or just not as well as he seems to be coming across in the more recent episodes.

Is it possible Dana talked to the editing team after Rampage announced his retirement and told them to make Rampage look like a d!ck? I wouldnt put it past Dana.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

ollieo wrote: »
    Just a thought.

Does anyone think that the show may have been edited to show Rampage in a bad light since he announced his retirement?

IMO, In the first couple of episodes it showed him in a good light and Rashad as a bit of an ass or just not as well as he seems to be coming across in the more recent episodes.

Is it possible Dana talked to the editing team after Rampage announced his retirement and told them to make Rampage look like a d!ck? I wouldnt put it past Dana.

I don't think so. Rampage's retirement has been fairly recent,whereas the recording for this was in May or June or something. So the run ins and challenges by Rashad about Rampage's coaching was going in.....no way to edit in something that didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just a thought.

I don't think so, i think Dampage's true colours are starting to show, i always thought he was a dick. He knocks back a title shot against Lyoto to be a coach on TUF, knowing full well he would end up fighting the other coach, then bottles it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Just a thought.

I can see what you're saying. He was a lot nicer at the start. He's now a wanker in fact.

I wouldn't put it past Dana to do somerthing like that. It's a smart move if that's his plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

I don't think you can edit a guy who says titties 300 times during an episode (slight exaggeration I know). Rampage came across as very unprofessional throughout this season whether it was not supporting his fighters or just being a child half the time. If I am honest he's the biggest disappointment of the season. I thought Rashad was very cocky at the beginning but know its clear that he's just determined.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭cletus

nor is there any way they could have edited the programme to show him not going into the cage to check on his fighters, nor could they have edited in him saying that he wasnt giving up on his fighters, they were the ones giving up in the ring (in front of his team no less)

The only things they can really do with editing is to omit things that have happenend, or alter thetimeline in which they happpened. They cannot edit in something that didnt happen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I didn't like Dampage or Rashad before this season, my opinions on Dampage haven't changed, in fact i think he's a bigger dick than before, my opinions of Rashad have changed a lot though, i'm beginning to actually like the guy....but not in that way :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Valid points by all.

I just wanted to see if anyone thought that this may have occurred, I know it is highly unlikely that any editing of this sort did occur, I just wouldn't put it past Dana to something like that.

Great showing from Big Baby there I have to say, against someone with main show experience too. I can see him in the final for sure!

Again with the "Will kimbo get back in zomg" stuff. It would be funny if he doesn't actually get back in at all after nearly every episode ending with "KIMBO BACK IN NEXT WEEK???!?!"

Good show. Every show makes me more and more disappointed that we wont get to see rashad/rampage though...

do the mods mind if a new spoiler thread is created for those who are watching it from US show? its gona be another dose of spoilers for the next couple of days otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

I thought it was a good performance by Marcus. Didn't try strike which i was surprised by, a big guy with hands that size you expect to just throw wild punches. Wasn't expecting the good wrestling and BJJ. 3 submission attempts in about 40 seconds.

Really getting sick of all the back and forth Rampage and Rashad crap. Although i thought it was a nice gesture by rampage to apologize to Darrill. I thought the titty grab was hilarious.

With Marcus set to fight Darrill i'd say Rampage will be dying to win it.

• Advertisement

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Great showing from Big Baby there I have to say, against someone with main show experience too. I can see him in the final for sure!

Again with the "Will kimbo get back in zomg" stuff. It would be funny if he doesn't actually get back in at all after nearly every episode ending with "KIMBO BACK IN NEXT WEEK???!?!"

Good show. Every show makes me more and more disappointed that we wont get to see rashad/rampage though...

Yeah he fought well, he was determined to rip his arm off after the picture incident, which I thought was blown out of proportion(for tv purposes?), but at same time understand Marcus is a grown man with a family.

The whole kimbo thing will go on for next 2/3 episodes I hope you realise. Its obvious he's not going to fight in next episode because they already announced match up. So from trailer it looks like he's taking Mitrione(sp?) place(due to him being a nutcase), but why not give Mitrione every chance to get right and allow his fight last(giving him extra recovery time), after all he won his fight.

I've enjoyed last couple of shows more because there has been less of kimbo and more about the other fighters.

havent gotten an answer in this thread so gona go ahead and do it. mods feel free to delete though if u spot this afterwards

LINK TO US AIRED SHOW DISCUSSION - WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055732204

have also copied over initial posts re episode 08

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

ahe316 wrote: »
    As a new poster 1st off I think this spolier lark is bs however not to open old wounds....
    Question is would any of the TUF 10 fighters make to a main UFC card - hard to see imo from what's been displayed to date. Kimbo maybe for marketability but they'd have to put him up against a lamb to the slaughter.

Roy nelson defintely would. the only reason he's on this show is to gain some publicity and momentum.
    From what I saw of Marcus I'd say he has a chance as well because he's so damn big and looks to have good subs and he has a public profile but his record is 4-2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭cletus

Ithought that Marcus looked very slick for such a big guy on the ground, but I thought the little bit of stand up we saw looked very poor. He pretty much just walked forward with both hands out looking for the clinch, no set up, and no strikes worth speaking of. looked very awkward, and I was afraid the chin was going to get tagged

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Roy nelson defintely would. the only reason he's on this show is to gain some publicity and momentum.
    From what I saw of Marcus I'd say he has a chance as well because he's so damn big and looks to have good subs and he has a public profile but his record is 4-2

Nelson's been complaining about how he's being precieved on the show after his 'interview' with the coaches and Dana this week. I think he was on spike's aftershow thingy talking about it as he thinks they're making him out to be a bit of a big headed prick. Also read something about Dana(or UFC) thinking he would be very hard to market, mainly due to them thinking he's nowhere near as good as what he believes himself.
    cletus wrote: »
    Ithought that Marcus looked very slick for such a big guy on the ground, but I thought the little bit of stand up we saw looked very poor. He pretty much just walked forward with both hands out looking for the clinch, no set up, and no strikes worth speaking of. looked very awkward, and I was afraid the chin was going to get tagged
    Hard to say as fight didn't really last long enough to make decision, I think after seeing him fight again may backup your opinion or put a bit of spanner in the thinking. I like the guy, the whole screaming when the spider was beside him I thought was hilirious :D I hate spiders myself, but I wouldn't scream like a little girl....and I'm not a 6'4(?) potential UFC fighter! Couldnt stop laughing at his butthead impression when he was shown a new move by Rampage :D:D

Advertisement