Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuf 10 thread - Use spoiler tags untill fights are shown here, plus read post 112

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

sul02 wrote: »
    i really enjoyed the first episode, looking forward to this series. I thougt that "big country" would get more of a reaction from the coaches, it looked a bit like they wrote him off for having a big belly?

It seemed like they didn't know who he was. It looks like Rashad gives him a talking to for messing around next week. I bet that turns Nelson into a likeable guy

I'm looking forward to some more of Wes Sims too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

Id say kimbo will do pretty well. He seemed to have pretty good takedown defence from the little we saw(i know we saw very little). No doubt he has knockout power, and lets face it, big ass dude. I think if he can keep it on his feet he will be pretty ok. I'd say a good few people are afraid of his power and will get tentative.But im backing roy nelson to win the series and rampage to destroy rashad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Id say kimbo will do pretty well. He seemed to have pretty good takedown defence from the little we saw(i know we saw very little). No doubt he has knockout power, and lets face it, big ass dude. I think if he can keep it on his feet he will be pretty ok. I'd say a good few people are afraid of his power and will get tentative.But im backing roy nelson to win the series and rampage to destroy rashad

Rampage V Rashad is off due to Rampage starring in the A-Team

your not serious are you? i thought the A-team was off?

your not serious are you? i thought the A-team was off?

The last I heard was it was definitely off, I heard an interview with Dana yesterday who is pretty mad at Rampage about the whole situation. Unless the A-Team was cancelled today then its off

• Advertisement

laame

I posted this in another thread, but just incase nobody has seen it, the prelims will be shown live tomorrow night at 2am on ESPN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭sul02

Check out one of the promo's for this season, i found it really good.....

http://www.spike.com/video/still-as-real-as/3244661

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

i hope kimbo wins so i can see dana "mr i own mma" white eat his words..

go kimbo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Stab*City wrote: »

go kimbo!

I bet Dana White would like to see him win too. $$$$$$$

The Rashad/Rampage fight isn't off, it's just delayed a few months. It would've been better to have it in December, but it will still happen and it'll still be big

I heard some talk that because they got so much good footage this season that there was a possibility that they'd extend it from 12 episodes to 16 episodes and hope that Rampage is ready to fight shortly after that. I haven't heard anything else in the meantime, so that probably isn't on the books now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

Think coaches choices are interesting. Rashad, well obviously he picked his boys first in brit mcsweeney and former nfl player schaub, but obviously he sees them as potential winners due to their skill set not just cos they his mates. Rampage, well hes got kimbo and that HUGE NFL draft pick. Size of that mans hands is unreal!!! Also Wes Sims, the mouthy guy, looks like entertaining addition to TV.

Found it interesting that "Big Country" Roy Nelson was one of the final picks. While not doubting his ability I doubt he will have the cardio to last with the rest of them. That belly is unreal!! Hope he proves me wrong but at the minute I cant see him winning. Kimbo vs Schaub in the final is my prediction but its early days yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Gdep

Did not know setanta Ireland had this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

As much as i'd love to see Kimbo go far, I don't think it's gonna happen. You could even see Rampage regretting his decision watching him spar. There was no more "Thats my daawwwggg".

Just watched the fight again. My god I felt bad for Abe Wagner but fair play for sticking in there.

Anyone think there will be special guest coaches this season, if so, who do ya think?

When is the next episode on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

sheehy83 wrote: »
    As much as i'd love to see Kimbo go far, I don't think it's gonna happen. You could even see Rampage regretting his decision watching him spar. There was no more "Thats my daawwwggg".

Just watched the fight again. My god I felt bad for Abe Wagner but fair play for sticking in there.

Anyone think there will be special guest coaches this season, if so, who do ya think?

When is the next episode on?

Sunday 23.00

No replay showings of TUF during the week unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

The episode 2 preview is hinting that Kimbo is fighting next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

judas101 wrote: »
    The episode 2 preview is hinting that Kimbo is fighting next week.

Does Rampage not choose the next fight? I wouldn't have thought that he would put him in there so early. Would sense not tell him to put in one of his stronger guys next to try and keep control over the fights? Never came across as the brightest chap to me did Rampage. BTW the ratings for the season premier were off the charts. Probably down to Kimbo and all that but you would have to think the monster buy rate they did with 100 would help. This was the first Ultimate Fighter since that show was it not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Makes sense, Rampage will lose control of the fight picks after this fight, because he lost the first one. High probability of Rashad picking a wrestler to fight Kimbo, so might as well pick the fight against a striker while the he still has the option

dunkamania wrote: »
    Makes sense, Rampage will lose control of the fight picks after this fight, because he lost the first one. High probability of Rashad picking a wrestler to fight Kimbo, so might as well pick the fight against a striker while the he still has the option

Dana said that Rampage gets to pick the first two fights

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

And will lose control if he doesnt win both fights, so he already knows he is losing control after the next fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

chordtype wrote: »
    Does Rampage not choose the next fight? I wouldn't have thought that he would put him in there so early. Would sense not tell him to put in one of his stronger guys next to try and keep control over the fights? Never came across as the brightest chap to me did Rampage. BTW the ratings for the season premier were off the charts. Probably down to Kimbo and all that but you would have to think the monster buy rate they did with 100 would help. This was the first Ultimate Fighter since that show was it not.

He had to win both fights to keep control. Rashad gets to pick the third fight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

wonder if rampage genuinely wants to give kimbo a decent chance to win it so picked the best wrestler from the raschads team to give kimbo a better chance of improving his skills before his fight...
    it will be very interesting to see if he picks another a good wrestler from raschads team

• Registered Users Posts: 39,113 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Stab*City wrote: »

go kimbo!
    lol
    Who do you think Dana is cheering for?
    Just like in season 8, Junie was obviously the best person to win from Dana's perspective.
    chordtype wrote: »
    Probably down to Kimbo and all that but you would have to think the monster buy rate they did with 100 would help. This was the first Ultimate Fighter since that show was it not.

Also more down to the fact that it directly followed FN19 and was mentioned every 10 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Well Rampage has said he's retiring so where does this leave the season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Well Rampage has said he's retiring so where does this leave the season

I'd say the filming for this season is over at this stage, they'll be in training for the finale.

Read a good few of the "stories" on Rampage hanging up his gloves, hope he's not gone "OJ" again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,113 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The season is over, Its not a live show :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

rovert wrote: »
    Sunday 23.00

No replay showings of TUF during the week unfortunately.

There was a replay last night, I had already watched but seen it up on the epg.

Mellor wrote: »
    Also more down to the fact that it directly followed FN19 and was mentioned every 10 minutes

That wasn't a factor at all. TUF had more people watching than the Fight Night show. The people who watched Fight Night would have already known about TUF starting afterwards. The reason that the Fight Night got the second highest Fight Night rating ever was because there were people watching it who were waiting to see TUF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

James McSweeney defeats Wes Shivers by majority decision after two rounds.

Terrible Fight on the last episode in my opinion. Both guys were finished after the first round. Second round had long periods of stalling. Nobody really looked good here, at all.

Next week is a sure fire ratings hit.

Roy Nelson vs Kimbo Slice

Advertisement