Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuf 10 thread - Use spoiler tags untill fights are shown here, plus read post 112

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Man this is gonna be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

the banter between the coaches was priceless :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

the clips they showed at the end of episode 1 really make this season look like this might be the best yet!! did you see what rampage was doing to the door??

and man that was some blood in the first fight but the guy who won totally dominated..

as wikipedia can be edited by almost anyone i would take that article with a pinch of salt..

cant wait till next wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

Stab*City wrote: »
    as wikipedia can be edited by almost anyone i would take that article with a pinch of salt..

I read this interview with kimbo and he confirmed he's in the finale:
    http://www.cagepotato.com/interview-kimbo-slice-talks-tuf-10-ray-mercer-rampage-jackson-more

I assume you’ll be fighting in the finale.

He also confirms that "tapping is still for bitches". Ya can't help but love the guy.

Yes, in December.

How are you preparing for your fight?

How do you prepare for a fight? Training, man, training. Smoking a lot of weed and having a lot of sex.

I’m quoting you on that.

Quote it.

• Advertisement

I read this interview with kimbo and he confirmed he's in the finale:
    http://www.cagepotato.com/interview-kimbo-slice-talks-tuf-10-ray-mercer-rampage-jackson-more

That said though, isn't everyone in the finale?
    Or does he specify the actual final?

Good first ep. Fight wasn't overly exciting but my god, that guy got sickeningly busted open. I've never seen anything like when they showed the actual cut on his head at the end.

Didn't like how Madsden said he wasn't gonna touch gloves then comes out in round 2 and offers the glove and then shoots straight off it. He was gonna be able to take him down anyway, so there was really no need for that. It's a bit of a dirtbag move and he didn't need to do it.

That cut though put me off my dinner. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Jew Jitsu

Didn't like how Madsden said he wasn't gonna touch gloves then comes out in round 2 and offers the glove and then shoots straight off it. He was gonna be able to take him down anyway, so there was really no need for that. It's a bit of a dirtbag move and he didn't need to do it.

I also didn't like that but Abe was taken down 4 times by the same tactic from Jon,an overhand feint and takedown..Rampage was screaming at him "he is gonna do it again" and he kept getting caught..The better fighter won even though he didn't do it in the most elegant way.

I can't wait til Kimbo fights,I always liked him because he seems modest and I love the fact everyone is out to get a win over him..Hope he wins it,he had big money offers from strikeforce and other companies and he chose to go to TUF to try and make it in the UFC

Jew Jitsu wrote: »
    he had big money offers from strikeforce and other companies and he chose to go to TUF to try and make it in the UFC

Pretty smart move really when you consider the training he presumably got i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

That cut was Bad with a capital B. I really want to see what made B.A. Baracus tear that cheap cardboard door apart. Honestly the UFC is worth close to a billion or something and this is the only door they can afford.

1f9r11.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The blood.Dear god the blood :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Yeah, pretty gruesome alright. There was shot where the camera was pointing from outside the cage, blood from head dripping out like a tap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

page is a brutal coach and cornerman.

Jew Jitsu wrote: »
    I also didn't like that but Abe was taken down 4 times by the same tactic from Jon,an overhand feint and takedown..Rampage was screaming at him "he is gonna do it again" and he kept getting caught..The better fighter won even though he didn't do it in the most elegant way.

Hence:

Re the door......Nice technique with the kicks!!! :P Didn't Page throw a similar fit last time he coached. He didn't wreck a door but he went berserk and drove off or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

That cut was nasty. I look forward to watching Rashad and Rampage square off. They really dont like each other and by the looks of it Rampage is going to be wound up like a grandfather clock.

on replaying the fight a couple times MAN the sound of the elbow that opened the cut is nasty..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I often get the impression that Rampages impression of reality is just a little bit skewed from everyone else's.

Top of the list of things you dont want here after a fight
    "Is my skull fractured"
    "No, I can see your skull, its not fractured"

Apparently something like 200 stitches, and 30 odd staples, ouch.

At this stage I am hoping Kimbo wins a couple of fights, he is starting to get a mighty ducks style underdog thing going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

What is it with the Rampage Kimbo love in, he was slagging off other contenders but when Kimbo is around its all Kimbo kimbo kimbo.

Rampage will probably lose alot of fighters however may still win the series as Sugar will have to pass a few over the even it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

dunkamania wrote: »
    I often get the impression that Rampages impression of reality is just a little bit skewed from everyone else's.

Top of the list of things you dont want here after a fight
    "Is my skull fractured"
    "No, I can see your skull, its not fractured"

Apparently something like 200 stitches, and 30 odd staples, ouch.

At this stage I am hoping Kimbo wins a couple of fights, he is starting to get a mighty ducks style underdog thing going.

ha! surely a worlds first , a Kimbo Slice and the mighty ducks comparison in the same post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

I still think this'll be a poor series, the majority of the fighters look slow and overweight...

I like Rampage though, he's a game show host / fighter so always adds entertainment, Rashad aint a bad guy either and can talk the talk.

Oh and that cut was one of the nastiest I've seen, the Finance Director will return home with a nice scar... chicks love scars though!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Can anyone explain to me why that fight wasn't stopped after round one due to the cut? I mean, fights have been stopped over less severe cuts, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pharmergriffin

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    Can anyone explain to me why that fight wasn't stopped after round one due to the cut? I mean, fights have been stopped over less severe cuts, surely?

The blood was not imparing his vision.

Pretty nasty though.

Yeah, blood didnt seem to be going into the eyes. Probably closer to being a doctor stoppage due to blood loss as opposed to blood in the eyes!

Noffles, to be fair to the guys, if they seem slow and overweight, its probably cos they are heavyweights......and apparently one guy has boobs.

Anyone else if they still give the guys a 5k bonus to finish the fight, cant remeber the last time it was mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

and apparently one guy has boobs.

LOL yeah Rampage called him titties.

Its ironic because this guy is also the best fighter on the show with a 10-0 record

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Yeah, blood didnt seem to be going into the eyes. Probably closer to being a doctor stoppage due to blood loss as opposed to blood in the eyes!

Noffles, to be fair to the guys, if they seem slow and overweight, its probably cos they are heavyweights......and apparently one guy has boobs.

Anyone else if they still give the guys a 5k bonus to finish the fight, cant remeber the last time it was mentioned.

Don't get me wrong I'm not taking the piss really, more of a comparison to previous TUF's when the lighter weights are in the fights are savage and furious... I do understand that heavyweights will be slower =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

I have to say rampage is really making me laugh, be interesting to see how marcus jones gets on, seems very "green". Brendan schaub is supposed to be pretty good also and mcsweeney and both on rashads team, i dont know how good its lookin for team rampage

Tones69 wrote: »
    i dont know how good its lookin for team rampage

They were screwed from the start as Rampage is a shockingly bad coach. As seen on his last stint as a coach. And this is coming from a fan of the guy. He knows what they should be doing but can't seem to teach it or articulate it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

his advise in the fight was pretty poor tbh, "Get up or sweep" "hes doing it again!" thats pretty much all he said all fight.

That and "do something"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭sul02

i really enjoyed the first episode, looking forward to this series. I thougt that "big country" would get more of a reaction from the coaches, it looked a bit like they wrote him off for having a big belly?

The banter between rampage and rashad is going to be priceless i think rampage is one funny dude and it will be a good build up for their fight.

I found it interesting that the NFL guys kept commenting on how hard the evaluations were compare to the training they were used to doing. It really gives props to the level that the fighters are required to train at.

I can honestly say i havent a clue how Kimbo is going to fair out against the other guys in the house.

Advertisement