Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuf 10 thread - Use spoiler tags untill fights are shown here, plus read post 112

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

I agree it was all just UFC hype again. Kimbo was dissapointing for me and I thought it was a great tactical win for Nelson. Raschad should get some credit for picking him against Kimbo as I think it was the best match up. Rampage is starting to get on my nerves, he doesnt say anything to help the fighters during the fight except "come on" and "gotta go".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Episode 3 spoiler.
    Initially I agreed with the stoppage, since Kimbo wasn't defending himself and wasn't able to improve his position but the more I think about it, the worse the stoppage seems.

Nelson wasn't hurting Kimbo with those shots. He could have stayed there for days hitting him like that and Kimbo would have taken it and smiled afterwards.

Nelson could have started hitting Kimbo hard but that would have risked giving up position so he settled for holding Kimbo in a position in which he couldn't defend himself and hit him with shots that would never have knocked Kimbo out.
    Fair enough, those are the rules.

Thing is, if he was holding Kimbo in a position Kimbo couldn't get out of and was repeatedly hitting him in the body, the fight wouldn't have been stopped. It would probably have been stood up. I think this was essentially the same situation. Nelson was hitting Kimbo on the top of the head, not very hard, and wasn't willing to move to a position where he could start landing damaging shots because Kimbo might then have escaped.

Nelson acting cocky at the end was a bit much too. I wanted him to beat Kimbo at the start but acting like he was a great fighter for doing a pretty unimpressive job of ground n pounding a fighter with almost no ground? You'll have to do better than that to impress me Roy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Good episode and thought the fight lived up to my expectations. Kimbo could have knocked him out early in the first or second but Roy was always gonna take this to the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

I have to say that I'm beginning to get a bit uncomfortable at the fact that a part of me was "rooting" for Kimbo in that fight:oDamn you UFC and your editing team!!

You have to give credit to Nelson though I guess, pretty much neutralised Kimbo's gameplan and really should have won the fight in the 1st round.

On a separate, but related, note; As a Rampage fan, he was pissing me off this whole series with his, ahem, "gibber-jabber" if you will; But his comments in this episode were downright hilarious!

"No one could get that guy off them. That's like, like trying ta get the...moon off ya or something...How you s'posed ta get the moon off of you?"

Priceless stuff:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Rampage was gas. He's a **** coach but he's great entertainment.

Nelson's shhit Mohawk, his stance and his belly remind me of a shhit Chuck Liddell. He's cocky and fat and up himself but he's good to watch. Fairplay to him.

I'm a member of the 'I Love Kimbo' club now. He's crap but he's adorable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Episode 3 spoilers.
    We got duped bad. The fight didnt nearly live up to the hype.

Kimbos great to watch, but im starting to think he might never get the ground game. we'll see...

Danas credidbility dropped a notch trying to downplay roys victory and pump up kimbo imo. He didnt need to go there. Dirty promotional tactics that did nothing but question his own integrity.

All the same, i reall hope we get to see kimbo fight again this season, the dude is just interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Episode 3 spoilers.
    Agreed with all your points. Felt let down by the fight for some reason
    Good strategy by Nelson, had done his homework well. Got lucky in the second, he got tagged, but Kimbo threw a knee, and Roy was able to push him over.

Dana's comments were disappointing

Nothing but love for Kimbo, dont think he will ever be a top fighter, but hes just a really nice guy. It looks like hes getting a second shot as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Greg Jackson is the epitomy of manlove, "thats beautiful" "yeah that the way"...he is so encouraging it makes me cringe and laugh at the same time.

Kimbo v Nelson spoiler:
    Kimbo is very one dimensional, he will do well against nobodies who will stand with him (big dumb NFL types) but i cant see him having any success against wrestlers because his takedown defense isnt great at the moment. Exposure to better guys will do him no end of good though, hopefully he wont lose sight of this as he goes through a phase of win one lose one.
    Its hard to judge Nelson on that performance tbh. He was very smart.

Still looking forward to seeing Daryl fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Why is everyone using spoiler tags when the result has already been openly discussed?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

What on earth is with the shagging SPOILLLLLLERSSS being blocked out in the TUF SPOILER Thread?? The above posts that are blocked out all say that they are Episode 3 Spoilers so what's the problem??

It's putting me off coming here to be honest. Sifting through pages of gray matter I could do without.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I think it should really be clarified.
    Simply, talk freely about the show once its aired in the US.Works for everyone right?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

I have to say it.
    If you don't want to see TUF spoilers....Don't read the fuppin TUF spoiler thread!

If you do read the thread and see a spoiler you didn't want to see, your immediate reaction should be "god, I'm an awful eeejit" rather than "I demand no more spoilers in the spoiler thread!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I have to say it.
    If you don't want to see TUF spoilers....Don't read the fuppin TUF spoiler thread!

If you do read the thread and see a spoiler you didn't want to see, your immediate reaction should be "god, I'm an awful eeejit" rather than "I demand no more spoilers in the spoiler thread!".

Don't be such a fool. These threads are so people can talk freely about a show before it airs here but after it airs in the US. Not so people can ruin the next episode before it's aired anywhere or even worse ruin the series

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

No the fools are the people that know results they don't want to see are readily available
    and then start reading threads on that topic that are clearly marked spoiler.
    Meanwhile, fans of the show who watch videos of the show online and keep up to date with the results are expected not to discuss what's already widely known.

If it's important to you to not see results until they air over here, then you should take the responsibility upon yourself.

I don't mind spoiler tags, we should all use them where necessary. I just don't think they're necessary in a thread marked Spoiler!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

You boys are gas. Spoiler thread with secret "spoiler" messages. I've seen it all now... and yes that includes a man eating his own head

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

I'm sorry, I obviously didn't pick up on the thread title. I thought the thread was meant to be for discussing TUF 10, not
    spoiler tags

bawahahaha!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Soooo..anyways back to the TUF discussion..

Thought Roy had his gameplan worked out perfectly, wasnt great to watch but he said what he was going to do and stuck to it and really Kimbo didnt get much of a chance. Annoying to see a stoppage from it thought considering he was only patting Kimbo on the head and not pounding his face in. I found Kimbo came across as being really down to earth, humble and a nice guy and definitely would have gained a lot of peoples respect in the episode, Roy on the other hand came across as a complete twat after the fight with his the King wants it his way comments and making out he had just beaten Kimbo Slice in some amazing fashion when really he just smothered him with his belly for 2 rounds. Hope Kimbo gets to come back on the show and gets another go at Roy to make it even better!

Axwell wrote: »
    he just smothered him with his belly for 2 rounds.

there was a little more to it than that

oh and dont believe all the editing, the UFC are just trying to build up some interest in Kimbo so they can cash in on him. I have nothing against this, im just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I'm actually very surprised by Kimbo, i was expecting him to be a dick, but he's coming across has being very likable.

And he was pretty screwed once Nelson stuck that belly on his face. But he seems very keen to learn so fingers crossed we will c more of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭cletus

But he seems very keen to learn so fingers crossed we will c more of him.

I thought that before the fight, but in fairness, prior to the stoppage it looked like he had no clue what to do, and you have to assume that he was at least taught how to shrimp.

I wonder, despite what he has been saying on the show, if he doesn't still really believe what he had said previously about the ground game.

Having said that, he is coming across very well on the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Not sure what the spoilering situation is as it's aired here but the post below is about episode 3

I'm also liking Kimbo and was rooting for him watching the fight. He didn't do much in the first with Nelson pressing a lot of the action at first and then the first takedown he got was tres impressive. Can't say he accomplished a whole lot while he had him down other than just sitting on him.

Good call not stopping it in the first cause them punches looked weak and lame. It kinda reminded me of a really old fight from one of the first UFCs where Ken Shamrock had some judo guy tied up against the cage and rather than ploughing into him he just landed a few punches to let him know he wasn't getting out and he'd better tap or else.

Slice looked a bit more comfortable in the 2nd and the few punches he landed I thought looked promising until the takedown. Ye could tell Herb didn't really want to stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Just watched ep 4 there,
    was really looking forward to seeing both demico and schwab fight. When they announced the fight I thought it was a dangerous pick for rashad's team, but it paid off well in the end, liked the anaconda choke.

As much as I dislike Rashad he came out of this ep looking like the better guy, that BS of Rampages team turning up late (which was probably edited to make it look more than it was) and then leaving the fighter who just lost in the ring on his own was a sh*t thing to do. I know they say he doesn't like loosing but he should be still supporting his guys.

I want an R8 ;)

Lads, FFS use spoiler tags until it's aired over here.
    WTF was up with Rampages whole team leaving their guys lying there. Granted they're disappointed but for once I actually agree with Rashad and think he came out of this one looking like the good guy.

Neil, for every other tuf season once the u.s show had aired, we never used spoiler tags, if you are going to change that rule now you should make it clear, as there has been some confusion on the matter..

Anyway..

Spoiler for ep 4
    Good fight with a nice finish, Rampage came off like a dick with his behaviour. Also, Im starting to really dislike that mcsweneey guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Is this not a thread marked spoiler? Why would anyone read a thread marked spoiler without seeing the episode first. No such problems on the Television board.
    Rampage is absolutely useless as a coach. I enjoyed the fight.

Agreed. Its nonsensical.

The attitudes of Rampage and his coaches are terrible when compared to that of the Rashad/Greg Jackson team. I hope he doesnt win a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Lads, FFS use spoiler tags until it's aired over here.
    WTF was up with Rampages whole team leaving their guys lying there. Granted they're disappointed but for once I actually agree with Rashad and think he came out of this one looking like the good guy.

Neil you're post 112 #112 doesn't make any sense so.
    Last week I posted spoiler tags along with one or 2 others and got laughed off for it. This week....after reading your post....the first thing I wrote is "Just watched ep 4 there" now if you're stupid enough to read past that then tough.
    There are/were 2 threads on TUF10, one is the TUF on Setanta Ireland.
    I don't think we need spoiler tags, just rename the thread to TUF10 Spoilers - Warning US aired show.......or something along those lines or we could just create a new thread for every ep?

Please can the mods post their 100% definite final answer on the way we should post in this thread as I don't want to get banned over poxy spoiler tags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

what lafors said re: rename the ****ing thread and be done with the sillyness.

nice finish to the fight with the ananconda choke, that might be my favourite submission hold. i thought demeco was gonna win. he should have ground n pound from side control imo. rampage came off as a real cock-face cnut in that episode. i do think it was edited to make it seem like they only arrived at teh last minute. anyone else notice the amount of times rampage took out his mobile?

Advertisement