Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuf 10 thread - Use spoiler tags untill fights are shown here, plus read post 112

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

evil_seed wrote: »
    anyone else notice the amount of times rampage took out his mobile?
    Probably waiting for the a-team call

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Can the mods please come out of hiding and sort this out?

You've really dropped the ball here lads..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭sul02

I dont get the problem with the spoiler tags, i just avoid this thread if i havent seen the latest episode. If your trying to accomodate everyone there would be a need for a separate thread with spoiler tags for every episode........

Rampage did come across as a prick in the end of that episode and Rashad took full advantage of it in his interview at the end.

I think the whole thing on the editing to make the show Kimbo centered is getting old.....

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

Kimbo: Good standup, willing to learn, humble and nice guy.

Rampage is amusing in vignettes, but useless in corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pharmergriffin

It was a nice fight. Nice technical finish IMO.

Rampage is really not doing himself any favors in the popularity competition or is it a fighting competition, I forget.

I'm looking forward to the next episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Right now its simple, use spoiler tags if the fights are not broadcast in Ireland yet, after that you can post away..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

When are they broadcast in Ireland?

This sort of thing is very common in the tv forums and the solution there is to have a thread for people following it in the US and another for people watching it when it airs in Ireland. Although if there's only a day or 2 in the difference then I suppose that's overkill. But on the other hand a thread full of spoiler tags is a pain in the ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

cowzerp wrote: »
    Right now its simple, use spoiler tags if the fights are not broadcast yet, after that you can post away..

In which country?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

In which country?

Its boards.ie so that means Ireland.

this does not need to be complicated lads do dont try to make more of it than there is, its simple.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Cowzerp, thanks for finally chiming in on the spoilers problem. Neil, who was at the root of this debacle, has apparantly gone awol :confused:

The question begs to be asked though, why is this policy suddenly being implemented? In previous seasons of tuf, members have posted freely, without reprimand, following the us airing of the show. Mods themselves have even been among the posters!

In fact the majority of posters here watch the show before the irish airing.. This apparently arbitary rule change makes very little sense, and serves little purpose but to annoy the vast majority of posters on this board.

As another poster pointed out, why even have spoilers contained in the thread title if we cannot post freely before the irish airing?

Its nonsensical!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 DRoyalSampler

Cowzerp, thanks for finally chiming in on the spoilers problem. Neil, who was at the root of this debacle, has apparantly gone awol :confused:

The question begs to be asked though, why is this policy suddenly being implemented? In previous seasons of tuf, members have posted freely, without reprimand, following the us airing of the show. Mods themselves have even been among the posters!

In fact the majority of posters here watch the show before the irish airing.. This apparently arbitary rule change makes very little sense, and serves little purpose but to annoy the vast majority of posters on this board.

As another poster pointed out, why even have spoilers contained in the thread title if we cannot post freely before the irish airing?

Its nonsensical!!

The whole argument came about when a couple of posters started posting spoilers about the results of fights that hadn't aired here or in the US and about hearing things about certain fighters doing well in the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

cowzerp wrote: »

this does not need to be complicated lads do dont try to make more of it than there is, its simple.

Well in fairness the policy has changed since the thread was started and as other posters pointed out, is different to every other TUF season.

I for one think it should revert to the way it was. Put spoilers in the title and let everyone post away. The first person to post about, say Episode 5, could title their post 'Episode 5 Spoilers from this point on'. Just my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The only issue I have with the spoilers in this thread is when they are not properly marked before it airs here.

Not everyone stays up late to stream it or downloads it the next day.

Is it that hard to use spoiler tags until after Sunday night?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

One could ask is it that hard for those waiting till Sunday to avoid coming in and reading the posts before then knowing its been aired already in the States?

As has been said above once it aired in the US people were free to post previously about it for other seasons. If you havent watched it before its aired on the Sunday here then avoid coming in and looking, once Sunday passes you know you wont have anything spoiled, win win for everyone. Again just my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

So people who watch it when it's aired here can only use this thread for two days of the week!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Most watch it before the Sunday airing in Ireland though which means a thread full of spoiler tags to try read through for the majority with the odd comment thrown in after from those watching it when its aired on Sunday. Its a pity there isnt a mod button to auto turn off spoilers once Sunday night passes so that all the tags vanish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

****EPISODE 5 SPOILER*****

Some of the highlights:
    Wes Simms finds the remains of Zak Jensens "fin time" in the shower.
    Meathead aka Matt Mitrione is a pussy lol.
    Kimbo talks about wanting another chance.
    Sims loses to Wren via arm triangle choke out. Sims wouldn't tap and passed out. Fight was about 1 minute long if that.
    Rampage is a dick again. I never liked Rashad but now I do, especially after their confontation at the end.
    Can you say 8 nil :eek: cos that is really how I see it going. Even Rampages assistants are ****e compared to Rashads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Some of the highlights:

Agree with it all.
    I don't believe Sims when he was talking about the shower, he's just picking on the weak one, they all seem to be getting at him now, hope he wins (though he probably won't) and gives them all the middle finger.
    I hate the way they're making me dislike Rampage and like Rashad......Nooooooo!!

lafors wrote: »
    Agree with it all.
    I don't believe Sims when he was talking about the shower, he's just picking on the weak one, they all seem to be getting at him now, hope he wins (though he probably won't) and gives them all the middle finger.
    I hate the way they're making me dislike Rampage and like Rashad......Nooooooo!!

Looks like Sims picks on him even more the next show. Probably looking for a fight in the house now that he's out..
    Fair play to the young guy. At 22 I'd say he's got a good career ahead of him being able to pick a vet apart like that.

Broke my ****e laughing at the "Kimbo was trying to teach Zak how to shank someone" bit.

Really disappointed that Rampage and Rashad wont fight now, cause this looks like it could have been the best fight the coaches have ever had on TUF as far as build-up is concerned. (Sham/Tito was good but you knew the Shammeister didn't really stand a chance)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

i thought raschad called it as it was, whatever about rampage, he's a fighter and as such if thats how he deals with it so be it (although i still think he puts his personal feeling aside and helps the guys he's trying to 'coach') but tiki needs to get his head out of rampage's ass and get in that cage. his stupid smirking while rampage and raschad talk it up really starting to annoy me.
    its a real pity they arent gona fight as said, countdown show would nearly be as entertaining as the fight itself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

A crying shame is Rashad doesn't get to fight Rampage.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

and a quote from Kimbo: "he's got some greco..roman....wrestling..., whatever the hell that is":eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Some of the highlights:
    Wes Simms finds the remains of Zak Jensens "fin time" in the shower.
    Meathead aka Matt Mitrione is a pussy lol.
    Kimbo talks about wanting another chance.
    Sims loses to Wren via arm triangle choke out. Sims wouldn't tap and passed out. Fight was about 1 minute long if that.
    Rampage is a dick again. I never liked Rashad but now I do, especially after their confontation at the end.
    Can you say 8 nil :eek: cos that is really how I see it going. Even Rampages assistants are ****e compared to Rashads

Summed up pretty much what I would have said.

Can I just state how f**ked off I am with UFC.com mailing list :mad:

At 10am 14/10(Wednesday morning) they sent an e-mail with subject "Team Rashad Goes For 5-0 On An All New Episode Of The Ultimate Fighter‏" well what a great ****ing way to ruin the outcome of that whole episode for EVERYBODY subscribed to the mailing list :mad:

I've unsubcribed to it now

Devastator wrote: »

At 10am 14/10(Wednesday morning) they sent an e-mail with subject "Team Rashad Goes For 5-0 On An All New Episode Of The Ultimate Fighter‏" well what a great ****ing way to ruin the outcome of that whole episode for EVERYBODY subscribed to the mailing list :mad:

How is that spoiling when its saying theyve won 4 already and will be going for the 5th in tonights episode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

goes for 5-0 isnt a spoiler, goes to 5-0 is

I thought it was a pretty entertaining episode.

How is that spoiling when its saying theyve won 4 already and will be going for the 5th in tonights episode?
    Killme00 wrote: »
    goes for 5-0 isnt a spoiler, goes to 5-0 is

I thought it was a pretty entertaining episode.

They wouldn't be mentioning anything about 5-0 if it wasn't going to be, that would make them look very foolish as they know the results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

They wouldn't be mentioning anything about 5-0 if it wasn't going to be, that would make them look very foolish as they know the results

It wouldn't make them look foolish at all.

Why not? Its the same as saying someone will be trying to keep their title in the next PPV.Doesnt mean they will

Its the same as saying someone will be trying to keep their title in the next PPV.Doesnt mean they will

Have they already seen the episode and know the outcome? YES

Have they already seen the title fight and know the outcome? NO

hows it the same??

• Advertisement

Have they already seen the episode and know the outcome? YES

Have they already seen the title fight and know the outcome? NO

hows it the same??
    Are they telling the result in either instance? NO

Would it be the same kind of advertising? YES

They did nothing wrong.You just saw 5-0 and jumped to a conclusion without actually thinking about what you were reading.

Advertisement