Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuf 10 thread - Use spoiler tags untill fights are shown here, plus read post 112

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Devastator wrote: »
    Have they already seen the episode and know the outcome? YES

Have they already seen the title fight and know the outcome? NO

hows it the same??

Youre making no sense Devastator. How you can get a spoiler from "Can rashad make it 5 0 is idiotic.

Anyway.. Good showing by wren. Glad to see that bully sims getting a wupping. Cant wait to tune in for next week - kimbo might be back! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

Rampage shouldnt be leaving his guy in the cage after the fight. He should be going in and at least checking on him. He is coming across as a bit of a d1ck.

Sims was easily taken down and Wren passed guard easily too IMO. I expected more from Sims.

Funny listening to Rampage "come on you know how to get out of that" as sims was out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

smoochie06 wrote: »
    Rampage shouldnt be leaving his guy in the cage after the fight. He should be going in and at least checking on him. He is coming across as a bit of a d1ck.

Sims was easily taken down and Wren passed guard easily too IMO. I expected more from Sims.

Funny listening to Rampage "come on you know how to get out of that" as sims was out.

That's all he's been shouting all season, his guy's on the ground and all he can shout is "GET UP", You're the coach ya feckin dope, you tell him the best way to get up.

Before the season started i didn't like either coach, disliked Dampage a lot more though, now i really gotta say that i'm beginnin to like Rashad, the guy seems pretty cool, and he's windin Quinton up soo m fcukin much it's funny :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Daragh184

I was watching TUF last night and it was the Wes Sims and Justin Wren fight and I'm disappointed with the quality of Rampage's team this year. He doesn't seem to care about his team anymore. For the last two fights he or his trainers didn't even go into the octagon to see if they're ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

Rampage's team has been performing poorly but they still seem to retain a couple of very strong fighters. Rashad has done a good job matching up his fighters but he's avoided matching any of his guys up with Marcus Jones. From what I have seen of Jones he looks incredibly tough and Rashad must think so too as he hasn't picked him yet. I think Rashad will leave Jones until last and I think that if Rampage gets control he will have him in there immediately. I was impressed with Justin Wren, he beat a much taller, heavier and more experienced rival with ease, he reminds me of a young Matt Hughes. Really enjoying the show so far, and I tip Jones v McSweeney in the finale.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Rampage has really lost interest. For 2 fights Rashad and his coaches have been in the ring with Rampages fighter, especially last nights one where the guy was choked out, bad form Rampage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Wes Sims looked awful last night. Surprised someone so experienced got taken down, mounted and then put in an arm triangle so easily.

He didn't even attempt to roll out of it.

Definitely poor form from Rampage and his coaches to not check on one of their fighters after the fight, especially when he had been unconscious.

I thought the preview clip for next week was hilarious. Someone looks like they might have got hurt and Kimbo raises his arms with a big grin in the background :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭cletus

More man drama as Tiki calls out Rashad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvHkV21Ddc8

enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭ChristyCent

cletus wrote: »
    More man drama as Tiki calls out Rashad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvHkV21Ddc8

enjoy

I wonder why that was cut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

I wonder why that was cut?

because Rampage has left the UFc to pursue acting and Rashad is still there. They couldnt possibly show one of their own in bad light.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Daragh184

Tiki would have gotten his ass kicked. Rashad is unreal. When he gets a chance a micheda he will destroy him

Neil, for every other tuf season once the u.s show had aired, we never used spoiler tags, if you are going to change that rule now you should make it clear, as there has been some confusion on the matter..

It is in the thread title, how is that unclear?
    lafors wrote: »
    Neil you're post 112 #112 doesn't make any sense so.
    Last week I posted spoiler tags along with one or 2 others and got laughed off for it. This week....after reading your post....the first thing I wrote is "Just watched ep 4 there" now if you're stupid enough to read past that then tough.
    There are/were 2 threads on TUF10, one is the TUF on Setanta Ireland.
    I don't think we need spoiler tags, just rename the thread to TUF10 Spoilers - Warning US aired show.......or something along those lines or we could just create a new thread for every ep?

Please can the mods post their 100% definite final answer on the way we should post in this thread as I don't want to get banned over poxy spoiler tags.

How exactly does it not make any sense? It is VERY simple. Put a spoiler tag on and post away to your hearts content. Once its been broadcast in Ireland then fire away without the tags.

Tbh I know that a thread marked "Spoilers" should be enough but since there isn't a separate thread for TUF 10 aired in Ireland this is the only way to keep people happy. Why do you have to be so difficult as to keep rocking the boat? Is it THAT hard to use spoiler tags?

I'll PM the other mods and try and sort something out but for now just post the fckin tags please.
    cowzerp wrote: »
    Right now its simple, use spoiler tags if the fights are not broadcast in Ireland yet, after that you can post away..

I haven't been online much the past week. I haven't been "awol" as ginoginelli suggested. I mean cowzer has now for the 3rd time posted the rule.

This is pretty much exactly what I said only in less words. Surely it is clear at this stage.

Cowzerp, thanks for finally chiming in on the spoilers problem. Neil, who was at the root of this debacle, has apparantly gone awol :confused:

Yes, I'm the root of this debacle. Not the posters who PMd me asking about spoilers. Or the fact that until it was clarified there were as many posts giving out stink about people spoiling as there were about the show. Or as I'll explain in a second, how stuff that was unaired was potentially being spoiled.......No, no, it's MY fault. Nice one mate. rolleyes:
    As another poster pointed out, why even have spoilers contained in the thread title if we cannot post freely before the irish airing?

Its nonsensical!!

YOU CAN POST FREELY USING SPOILER TAGS. IF YOU'RE TOO LAZY THEN TOUGH.

For the last time, the reason I asked for spoiler tags for everything was due to the amount of people posting about how they "heard that so and so is in the final" and spoiling stuff that hadn't aired ANYWHERE yet. Granted these are usually unreliable hearsay but it was upsetting people so the best policy was just to cover yourself and put spoiler tags until things aired. It's not a conspiracy ffs.

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

For the last time, the reason I asked for spoiler tags for everything was due to the amount of people posting about how they "heard that so and so wins the whole show" and spoiling stuff that hadn't aired ANYWHERE yet. Granted these are usually unreliable hearsay but it was upsetting people so the best policy was just to cover yourself and put spoiler tags until things aired. It's not a conspiracy ffs.

:mad::mad::mad:

Thanks for the reply and clarification Neil, btw I was not "rocking the boat" I was the one who initially used spoilers and got abused for it!

I still disagree with what you are saying though.
    I understand the original reason for the spoiler tags was someone posting info on how they "heard that so and so wins" but in MY opinion a person who does that should be banned, it is COMPLETELY different to posting about a current episode (I consider an episode current once its shown in the US, like the TV forum).
    If we all follow exactly what you are saying and most posts are covered in spoilers (as most would need to be) then there is a good chance you could read a spoiler saying "such and such wins next week" or "such and such gets to the final" and not a post on what the thread originally intended.

Anyway I guess we'll never agree on this and since you're the mod I will be following your instructions.

Thats the last I'll post on it, sorry ;)

lafors wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply and clarification Neil, btw I was not "rocking the boat" I was the one who initially used spoilers and got abused for it!

I still disagree with what you are saying though.
    I understand the original reason for the spoiler tags was someone posting info on how they "heard that so and so wins" but in MY opinion a person who does that should be banned, it is COMPLETELY different to posting about a current episode (I consider an episode current once its shown in the US, like the TV forum).
    If we all follow exactly what you are saying and most posts are covered in spoilers (as most would need to be) then there is a good chance you could read a spoiler saying "such and such wins next week" or "such and such gets to the final" and not a post on what the thread originally intended.

Anyway I guess we'll never agree on this and since you're the mod I will be following your instructions.

Thats the last I'll post on it, sorry ;)

It's about trying to keep the forum running smoothly. The old way of unspoiled posts led to a large amount of b1tching about people spoiling eps. The new way leads to a large amount of b1tching about having to post tags. So we can't win.

The whole point of doing this was so the thread would be about TUF discussion and not "A Discussion of the Rules." So with that said let this be the last post on the rules. If anyone else has any problem or issue with the rules then PM a Mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭meboloxitis

I loved the characiture that Rampage brought in for team Rashad.

The picture of "titties" is priceless... His own team mates were in knots laughing at it. Best gag yet! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭NiamhDunk

dont look if you dont wanna know whos in the final
    rampages team goes 7 and 1.
    the finalists are roy nelson and brendan schaub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

Poor Rampage isnt coming out of this season well at all.I know they tend to make one of the coaches the bad guy to hype up the rivalry. I always thought that Rashad was a brilliant fighter, but a bit of a d**k. All that nipple tweaking and ball hugging during his fights would really get on my wick , but i have to say he comes out of this looking very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Lol Niamh i was so close to reading that, cos thought it refered to this weeks episode. Would have had no one to blame but me lol. Phew!! That was close

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

They really are making Rampage look like an absolute dickhead. This whole titties thing is boring and very juvenile. I did laugh however when right before the fight the camera zommed in on Ariani Celest and you could hear Rampage say titties

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 DRoyalSampler

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    They really are making Rampage look like an absolute dickhead. This whole titties thing is boring and very juvenile. I did laugh however when right before the fight the camera zommed in on Ariani Celest and you could hear Rampage say titties
    Or maybe he just is a dickhead and they're doing nothing but showing what he is like. The titties thing is really annoying. Even before he's about to fight he's still saying you can't lose to a guy with titties.:mad:

Or maybe he just is a dickhead and they're doing nothing but showing what he is like. The titties thing is really annoying. Even before he's about to fight he's still saying you can't lose to a guy with titties.:mad:
    He probably is but then the same could probably be said fopr Rashad. When he was a contestant I had a great dislike for him too.

Matt Mitrione is a very unlikable type of person. Worst fight of the series. I don't care how much Dana White talked it up. Both fighters were exhausted after two minutes and it made for absolute ****. Matt said before the fight it was time for Scott to go asleep, him and everyone watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

watching the fights upto now there doesnt seem to be any real stand out fighters you'd think could upset any of the top heavyweights in UFC. I think the season was geared around the idea of Kimbo knocking people out and walking into the UFC as a real contender, that went out the window after episode 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

Lord Muck wrote: »
    watching the fights upto now there doesnt seem to be any real stand out fighters you'd think could upset any of the top heavyweights in UFC. I think the season was geared around the idea of Kimbo knocking people out and walking into the UFC as a real contender, that went out the window after episode 3.

Absolutely atrocious fight. Both fighters gassed after a minute. Mitrione looked extremely strong for the first minute with the sheer power in his hands but quickly after that both fighters looked extremely poor. Unfit (how can they not be prepared for 2 5minute rounds??) and both had their hands at their waist for most of the fight. Any fighter with even a hint of cardio would of destroyed both of them. Despite the initial strong blows the rest of the punches thrown were a joke and I doubt any of them did any damage. And guess what? Marcus Jones next week, and I have no doubt thats going to be even worse than all the other fights.

Dana White should just boot Mitrione and throw in Kimbo instead ffs. To be honest the only fighters that have shown themselves to be decent are Roy Nelson and Justin Wren. Kimbo Slice deserves another chance in my eyes as the fact that fighters like Mitrione are ahead of him is a farce in my eyes.

The only saving grace is Rashad and Rampage's constant tiffs but quess what? They're not even going to fight :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Ah. more gray-matter...lovely:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

dont think its necessarily fair to say that Rugbyfanatic, anyone who wins deserves their shot in the next round, anyone who loses doesnt. there is always the chance that loser continue to improve once the show finishes and put in a great performance in the finale night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Terrible, terrible fight. So painful to watch. Please explain how Junk was gassed before he did anything. Hes supposed to be one of the strongest on his team. Did he get eyepoked early on? It still doesnt explain it. I wanted Mitrione to lose so badly. I dont care about rashad and Rampage mouthing off at each other, its too juvenile for words. It was reallly painful to hear Dana say how great the fight was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

the staged door smashing was truly cringe worthy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I also found Dana's reaction hard to watch. It was a turd of a fight. Only a turd would say otherwise.

They are both useless fighters, but that Junk guy is really useless. It seems most of the fighters this years have terrible cardio and very little skill.

Advertisement