Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuf 10 thread - Use spoiler tags untill fights are shown here, plus read post 112

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

No need for the spoiler tags , the thread title has spoiler in it.

Was crazy last night in the 2nd round with both guys doubled over out of puff and sporadicly engaging.

As for next week, bringing out the big guns early, didnt think we'd see that fight till much later on. Is it just me or is Kimbo looking leaner that we've seen him before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

I said the fights would be fairly sub standard and last night certainly proved that... whole episode was fairly **** really... Next week will be interesting, I'm not convinced by Kimbo though and that blob may just have too much skill for him... and mash him up on the floor, would be a shame for the series though as Kimbo looks alike a good drawer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

calex71 wrote: »
    Was crazy last night in the 2nd round with both guys doubled over out of puff and sporadicly engaging.

After seeing this last night it's real obvious that stamina and conditioning is gonna really help this year. It wasn't like the first round last night was all out explosive action.

Kimbo needs to keep the next fight standing up and hope to get lucky with an exchange. Isn't Nelson like a BJJ blackbelt? Plus his size (weight) is got to be and advantage on the ground. Kimbo ain't exactly known for his wrestling skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 a2dg

Kimbo does look extremely cut-up for his size, especially when compared with nelson. I know its not a bodybuilding competition, but having said that, in the clip at the end of epsiode two previewing next week it shows nelson in the ring, he has a massive belly up on him. Can't help but think with kimbo's standup skills he going to exploit this soft spot......im predicing nelson getting the wind knocked out of him/gassed, opening mouth, and kimbo hitting him right on the button, ko......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

610x.jpg

Roy Nelson = A true Heavyweight. And it looks like it's grown judging by the clip below.

http://www.spike.com/video/sneak-peek-kimbo/3255126

They are really hyping this up as a huge match. Should be a fun fight anyways.

And on a side note Greg Jackson rules.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Poor cardio levels alright and James McSweeney should DEFFO look at fighting at 205, he would be thrown around like a rag doll in the UFC HW division.
    Am I the only one who wants to see Kimbo knock out Roy?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

a2dg wrote: »
    Kimbo does look extremely cut-up for his size, especially when compared with nelson. I know its not a bodybuilding competition, but having said that, in the clip at the end of epsiode two previewing next week it shows nelson in the ring, he has a massive belly up on him. Can't help but think with kimbo's standup skills he going to exploit this soft spot......im predicing nelson getting the wind knocked out of him/gassed, opening mouth, and kimbo hitting him right on the button, ko......:rolleyes:
    Carrying excess weight rarely helps your ability to drag your own ass around, but I think it'd be a mistake to think that anyone carrying a bit of blubber has NO cardio, and that anyone who's ripped has great cardio. Fedor is fat and when's the last time he gassed? Phil Baroni is generally ripped and he gasses during his warm-up.

Everyone (Dana, Rashad, Loretto) has said that Kimbo surprised and impressed on the show, and I saw a clip of him fighting on the show in an ad and it wasn't against Roy Nelson?? Interesting... tbh I can't see Roy do anything but win here though, it'll be a true upset if he doesn't. I'd say Kimbo just acquits himself better than expected, and maybe comes back later in the show to fill in an injury spot or something.

Also, give Shivers more training and ALOT more cardio and I reckon he could do some damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Tones69 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who wants to see Kimbo knock out Roy?? :D

Of course not, there's a reason next week will probably be the highest rated TUF yet.

This episode was pretty poor although I enjoyed the fight in a kind of Shogun Coleman way. Thought Wes was absolutely robbed though. Have absolutely no idea how he could have lost that first round. Got a takedown, Kimura attempt and had the best of the striking by a mile. Really thought he had it in the bag until the close guillotine of the second.

Gotta agree though, Roy on paper should have Kimbo easily but the way they're hyping the season makes me feel that Kimbo could surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

shivers was robbed. mcsweeney should fight at LH tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

evil_seed wrote: »
    mcsweeney should fight at LH tbh
    Yeah, but lots of guys have fought on TUF above their natural weight category. I guess they'd rather give it a shot than turn down the chance. They're probably right too seeing as you'll prob get a chance in the UFC even if you don't win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

worst fight i have ever seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Fairly poor show, the fight was depressing to watch.

Thought Shivers won, wouldnt say he was robbed, difficult for ref's to score 2 guys leaning agaisnt opposite sides of the cage.

I picked Nelson as favourite to win it, but I am thinking Kimbo wins the fight based on positive things people have been saying about him. Doesnt fit with a guy who loses his first fight.

dunkamania wrote: »
    Thought Shivers won, wouldnt say he was robbed, difficult for ref's to score 2 guys leaning agaisnt opposite sides of the cage.
    Well, I think he would definitely have lost the third round, but 2 of the judges gave round 1 to McSweeney. I.e. The round were Wes got the takedown, had all the dominant positions including nearly getting an americana and a rear naked choke, and I think edged the stand-up. I could not understand the 20-18 scores in that instance, so while he may not have been robbed, the judging is once again pretty poor IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=HomePage.BuildHP

On UFC website they doing a show called the Aftermath in relation to TUF. What Kimbos coach says during the show is interesting, he makes it sound like Kimbo does quite well and will surprise people as the show goes on.

I would like to see Kimbo do well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

t-ha wrote: »
    Well, I think he would definitely have lost the third round, but 2 of the judges gave round 1 to McSweeney. I.e. The round were Wes got the takedown, had all the dominant positions including nearly getting an americana and a rear naked choke, and I think edged the stand-up. I could not understand the 20-18 scores in that instance, so while he may not have been robbed, the judging is once again pretty poor IMO.

I thought it was one round each with Shivers winning the first and McSweeney the second. To be honest though i dont really mind not seeing a third round based on that second round, it would only get worse. It was shockingly bad, how can their cardio be so poor. I also cant belive that McSweeney was Rashads number one pick, he is very lucky that all the BJJ guys and wrestlers are on his team, otherwise he would be gone. At least now he gets a pass to the semi when he'll have to meet someone on his own team.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

Not a great fight at all. I thought Shivers done just enough to take it or at the very least go to a third round. He definately done enough in the first to win that one the second was a bit closer.
    Looking forward to next weeks show i hope Kimbo knocks out Roy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

anyone got a link to the first fight please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

a2dg wrote: »

Interestingly enough, bodyfat is not really a massive indicator as t-ha pointed out. If you are 255 pounds of lean chisseled muscle then that is 255 pounds of energy burning, oxygen burning machine that needs to be fueled.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'm going to spoiler this for the sake of it, I'm not giving anything away but some people mightn't want to read it.
    I've read from people who've seen the Kimbo vs Nelson fight that it's a very good fight. They've also said that Nelson is the star of the season in terms of personality. So it's looking good for both guys regardless of the outcome of their fight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Ive heard from a few people now that Nelson takes it with a KO but they seemed very impressed with Slice and rumoured to be getting a contract none the less.

Supposed fight outcome.

ah well sorry !

Lads will ye at least say what your spoiler actually relates to? I'm happy to hear news etc, but not outcomes of the fights etc so I'm not going to chance reading any of your spoilers..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Gotta agree with Rojo. Fozzys wasnt too bad, but you overstepped the mark Technopool. U know we gonna sneak a peak when kimbo is involved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Lads cop on you're big boys now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Lads will ye at least say what your spoiler actually relates to? I'm happy to hear news etc, but not outcomes of the fights etc so I'm not going to chance reading any of your spoilers..

My post is just to do with how a fighter and a fight will be looked at after the show. No results or details :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

TechnoPool wrote: »
    I.........................................................................................

That was totally uncalled for.

:mad:

Rojomcdojo wrote: »

Or just don't have spoilers in the thread, you know people are going to look & one just leads to another & all it takes is one dope ***cough*** to ruin it for us.

***Whoops, just seen 'spoiler' in thread title. Sorry.

But a bit of cop on for christ sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Or just don't have spoilers in the thread, you know people are going to look & one just leads to another & all it takes is one dope ***cough*** to ruin it for us.

***Whoops, just seen 'spoiler' in thread title. Sorry.

But a bit of cop on for christ sake.

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

to*r*nts are the way to stay up todate

• Advertisement

:confused::confused::confused:

I just went off on one, excuse my occasional rants - they only make sense to me :D

Advertisement