Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't find the 3Gs anywhere..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

yeah i signed up on talk2o2 and sent daryll a messege. Gonna have to just sit tight for now I guess! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Ugh. I know a certain CPW has a couple in stock (as I know someone who works in a different store), and I went to get one and all I got was 'Sorry, but we don't have any upgrade stock left, just first time connections' which is horse****. I work in the industry. I know that excuse is used when stock is low!

w@ll3gurl wrote: »
    Maybe you could try phoning on monday? I think there is a number somewhere online for the web shop customer service. It nearly drove me mad, only thing is, once u get that all important final email, the delivery seems to be really fast!

Post Edit: (I found the details on O2 website - will paste!)
    If you have ordered a phone online and have a query about your order, you can use our online Track my Order facility to view your order status. If you have additional questions about your delivery then you can can contact our fulfillment company on
    1850 222 020.

Just rang that number and the woman who answered told me they were the delivery company and that I had to contact o2 directly??

Then she gave me a number which turned out to be o2 speakeasy ??

This whole thing is starting to get to me, all I want is an email, the money was taken from my account the second I bought the bloody phone.

Does anyone have a log in to the o2 forum where you can ask paddy or darell about this, they seem to get things done on that forum !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

[quote=[Deleted User];61324694]Just rang that number and the woman who answered told me they were the delivery company and that I had to contact o2 directly??

This whole thing is starting to get to me, all I want is an email, the money was taken from my account the second I bought the bloody phone.

Does anyone have a log in to the o2 forum where you can ask paddy or darell about this, they seem to get things done on that forum !!![/QUOTE]

Exact same for me, on hold to speak easy. Pretty awful service that a company can't send you an automated confirmation email when they charge you €229.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

on hold now, this musics driving us crazy!!

how long were you lads waiting?

edit: number for o2 is 1850601747

maninblack wrote: »
    on hold now, this musics driving us crazy!!

how long were you lads waiting?

edit: number for o2 is 1850601747

Not that long at all, 5 min maybe !!!

[quote=[Deleted User];61325401]Not that long at all, 5 min maybe !!![/quote]

just got off the phone with them anyway. Told me my order was marked down as "under review". Apparently every so many orders get marked down for review by security. Asked her how long it would take... didn't know (naturally).

Told her then to just scrap the order, I didn't want it anymore. That got her moving anyway, took my e-mail address and said she'd check it out with security personally and e-mail me an update within an hour.

Gonna hang on and see what this "update" is... if its a crock of sh1t then I'll be telling them to jog on! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

[quote=[Deleted User];61324694]Just rang that number and the woman who answered told me they were the delivery company and that I had to contact o2 directly??

Does anyone have a log in to the o2 forum where you can ask paddy or darell about this, they seem to get things done on that forum !!![/QUOTE]

You can PM Talk2O2: Daryll via Boards.ie. He usually gets back to you fairly quickly.

Fionagus wrote: »
    You can PM Talk2O2: Daryll via Boards.ie. He usually gets back to you fairly quickly.

Daryll told me my order was fine and there was no need to worry.

Then I ring up and get told its NOT fine. So you're definitely better off getting them on the phone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

I'v gotta 32GB, factory unlocked, white one straight from the apple online store in Australia.. $1040.. that about €595... Obviously you need to be in Australia but if you know someone over here that can post one home then your sorted!

• Advertisement

So I eventually received my email, I'm not sure if this had anything to do with talking to customer care. I'm a new O2 customer and am leaving Meteor Pre-Pay for O2 bill. I'm surprised that no where in the email doesn't mention me sending them a copy of my proof of address and ID. It's not very clear on the site, what's the procedure for this?
    A pre-populated combined contract and direct debit mandate form, along with a pre-paid envelope, will be sent with your phone. You willneed to sign this form and return it to us within 10 days.

If you are moving your number from another network to O2 Pay monthly you will need to sign an additional form included in your pack and enclose a copy of a recent bill with your existing mobile phone company.

Burago wrote: »
    So I eventually received my email, I'm not sure if this had anything to do with talking to customer care. I'm a new O2 customer and am leaving Meteor Pre-Pay for O2 bill. I'm surprised that no where in the email doesn't mention me sending them a copy of my proof of address and ID. It's not very clear on the site, what's the procedure for this?

What number did you ring Burago?

you got... THE e-mail? so you'll have your phone within 3 days then?

Hope they do the same for me. I'm gonna ring them back at lunchtime.

[quote=[Deleted User];61326198]What number did you ring Burago?[/QUOTE]

The speakeasy number the lady in the dispatch place gave me: 1850 601 747

you got... THE e-mail? so you'll have your phone within 3 days then?

Hope they do the same for me. I'm gonna ring them back at lunchtime.

Apparently not:
    When will it arrive?

Your order will arrive within 3 working days of acceptance of your order. You will receive an email to confirm when your order has been dispatched.

I haven't received acceptance yet, which hopefully won't take long. If I have the phone and my Meteor number ported by Friday I'll be a happy bunny.

I just got this from O2.
    Dear Sir/Madam

Subsequent to your recent order with the O2 Online Shop, we regret to inform you that we will be unable to confirm your order. As such we will not be shipping your requested item(s). This is due to the fact that your card has not been authorised. Please contact your Credit/Laser card provider to verify the status of your account.

Regards,
    O2 Online Shop Team

The thing is they have already taken the money, I really dont understand !!!!!!

I see what happened here.
    I put the money into my account for the phone, then went online to order it.

Once I ordered it I looked at my account and it looked like 300 had been debited so I presumed it was from O2.
    Turns out it was for a loan and not the phone, so now becuase O2 didnt take the money when i ordered it the money is gone and due to this it canceled the order......I can put the money back in but now you cant order the ohone online anymore.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Apparently not:

I haven't received acceptance yet, which hopefully won't take long. If I have the phone and my Meteor number ported by Friday I'll be a happy bunny.

If I get an email confirming my ORDER by Friday I'll be a happy bunny lol! :rolleyes:

Just heard from an O2 employee that there is a rumor that there is stock coming in on Friday.

• Advertisement

[quote=[Deleted User];61327990]Just heard from an O2 employee that there is a rumor that there is stock coming in on Friday.[/quote]

whats size is the stock coming in? 5 phones prob ffs! :rolleyes:

whats size is the stock coming in? 5 phones prob ffs! :rolleyes:

Ha ha, yea, probably less !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 johnjojo

on the 02 website it says that they have stock for the iphone 3gs, placed an order today. do they actually not have stock and this is just a way of pre booking them very confused as some are sold out but some not on different price plans same memory??

Well I rang up o2 again anyway, talked to a much nicer chap this time. Understood my frsutration. I let him know their online service was a total disaster zone. Put me on hold then, went over to the security department and cleared me there and then.

Money was FINALLY taken from my account and I got an order e-mail. :cool:

Having said that, I'm gearing myself for dissapointment now...
    When will it arrive?

Your order will arrive within 3 working days of acceptance of your order. You will receive an email to confirm when your order has been dispatched.

God knows how long this "acceptance e-mail" will take :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

God knows how long this "acceptance e-mail" will take :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's the stage I'm at since about 10am this morning. I've received nothing yet but will post here as soon as a hear anything.

Mine seems to be moving along anyway finally, looks promising at least!

orderv.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭peter83

I'm hoping to get my iPhone in a week or two, I want the 32gb but have heard that there are still major stock issues with it, anyone know if this is the case? I can't believe they are still having stock issues at this stage! Crazy!!

Mine has gone to 'processing' my order details are currently being picked by our warehouse. Good news!

peter83 wrote: »
    I'm hoping to get my iPhone in a week or two, I want the 32gb but have heard that there are still major stock issues with it, anyone know if this is the case? I can't believe they are still having stock issues at this stage! Crazy!!

The problem is Apple's, it's been widely reported that they can't meet demand. O2 aren't doing themselves or their customers any favours due to the lack of info and shoddy online ordering system.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭peter83

The problem is Apple's, it's been widely reported that they can't meet demand. O2 aren't doing themselves or their customers any favours due to the lack of info and shoddy online ordering system.

Switching over from another network makes the whole thing even more difficult!

peter83 wrote: »
    Switching over from another network makes the whole thing even more difficult!

I haven't got that far yet. Just received a mail saying my phone has been dispatched. The package is meant to contain all the documents nneded to finalise my contract and port my number. As I'm leaving a pre-paid service I can't imagine the port being too much hassle.

• Advertisement

I haven't got that far yet. Just received a mail saying my phone has been dispatched. The package is meant to contain all the documents nneded to finalise my contract and port my number. As I'm leaving a pre-paid service I can't imagine the port being too much hassle.

So you actually got it dispatched and all? **** man if only I had rang up and got it sorted when you did!

So what order is it when you log into track it on the o2 website?

1) Pending
    2) Received
    3) Dispatched??

How long between Received and Dispatched?

This is how it went. I'm not sure if my call did anything. He basically said to wait that it was going through the process as normal.

35i3xq8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭iggy82

iggy82 wrote: »
    Still waiting on my port 2 weeks later and all they say is we will try again with still no offer of a call back to update me

Looks like my port is finally going through this morning and o2 did call me back on Friday to give me an update. They have also credited me for the 2 weeks when i did not have my number. I seemed to get talking to one girl in customer care who actually saw the problem through to its conclusion and kept me updated but still frustrating to wait 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

so anyone got any info on stock in the o2 stores? its payday!

quarryman wrote: »
    so anyone got any info on stock in the o2 stores? its payday!

I heard there is supposed to be stock coming in on Friday. From an O2 employee. He said it was a rumor.

that's it? not a single 32GB 3GS in the country?

quarryman wrote: »
    that's it? not a single 32GB 3GS in the country?

I rang up Car phone warehouse the other day, they can check their system for the whole country and tell you exactly how many they have left.
    He was able to tell me that there are none in the country :D

I presume the same goes for O2.

From the Talk2o2 messege boards:
    July 27th

There will be very limited stock of White iPhone 3Gs 32GB & 16GB available on Thursday morning the 30th in O2 stores. These phones will be sold on a first come first serve basis as usual so get there early on Thursday morning if you are calling later please call your local O2 & CPW store to check availability

So... no more black phones for now!

My 32gb black is being picked at the warehouse now :D

Actually just.... can't believe it!

my iphone is also being picked from the warehouse but has been since 9 o'clock this morning anybody know what is going on???

Just checked, mines been processing since 10.29 this morning ffs.

If it dosen't get sent out today, it possibly wont come until next week if it takes 3 working days! :(

• Advertisement

i reckon though the place they dispatch the phones from is some industrial estate outside dublin so if you live in dublin i dont think it will take 3 days. fingers crossed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭iggy82

If it dosen't get sent out today, it possibly wont come until next week if it takes 3 working days! :(

mine arrived the next day after the warehouse had the order and I live in Dundalk so i would think you'll get it fairly quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭digiman

I just ordered mines online an hour ago. If I happen to go into a shop and pick one up before its sent out to me, do you think they would just cancel the one I ordered online?

I just rang:

o2 Nutgrove
    o2 Tallaght
    Carphone warehouse Nutgrove
    Carphone warehouse Tallaght

... and none of them replied. Maybe they are just sick of people ringing about iphones. Well actually CW tallaght didn't connect so maybe they are no longer around.

I don't really understand their system. I got a mail yesterday saying my order had been shipped but I didn't get a tracking number. Today I check the status on their site and it says my order is being packed for delivery. I now have a tracking number but An Post don't recognise it.

I don't really understand their system. I got a mail yesterday saying my order had been shipped but I didn't get a tracking number. Today I check the status on their site and it says my order is being packed for delivery. I now have a tracking number but An Post don't recognise it.

Yep, I finally got the all important mail at 5.20pm there saying my order had shipped and giving me a tracking number. Mine dosen't work either but I wouldn't worry about that. I send stuff by registered post often enough and it does take the best part of a day for the tracking info to show up.

Most important thing now anyway is that it's in An Post's hands :D

*crosses fingers for Thursday*

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭zenit

Same here. I got no email about shipping though. Very strange ways to do business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

[quote=[Deleted User];61327990]Just heard from an O2 employee that there is a rumor that there is stock coming in on Friday.[/quote]

We heard the same last week, we didn't get any. Got 3G iphones, the 8GB ones, instead. :P

Most important thing now anyway is that it's in An Post's hands :D

*crosses fingers for Thursday*

I got it into my head that it'd arrive today. Whenever the receptionist came near my desk I presumed it was to hand me my new toy. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

*will have one tomorrow, fingers crossed*

Advertisement