Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find the 3Gs anywhere..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭scolari-ire

Did anyone get this email when ordering online?
    Dear Customer In reference to your recent O2 On Line Shop Order, for security purposes we require proof of Credit Card statement & proof of ID for your order to be processed. Please ensure that this is faxed within the next 5 working days. If not received your order will be cancelled. You have not been charged for your order that this stage. Details to be faxed to 061-443808 to ensure prompt delivery of your order. If you have any further queries please e-mail O2shopfeedback@O2.com Kind Regards On Line Shop Team
    Does this not sound a bit suspicious?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

Did anyone get this email when ordering online?

Does this not sound a bit suspicious?

ring them up, dont fax anything!

I rang them up and they had me on some BS "security check" crap! They just ok'd it over the phone in the end though and put the thing through!

maninblack wrote: »

I rang them up and they had me on some BS "security check" crap! They just ok'd it over the phone in the end though and put the thing through!

Cheers Maninblack,

What number did you ring?

Cheers Maninblack,

What number did you ring?

this one from earlier in the thread!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61326247&postcount=118

Jesus scolari you are STILL waiting for a phone? If only your order went through the last time you would have have it now like me/Burago :pac:

this one from earlier in the thread!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61326247&postcount=118

Jesus scolari you are STILL waiting for a phone? If only your order went through the last time you would have have it now like me/Burago :pac:

I know, its a nightmare, Id have the phone by now.

Now they are hitting me with this....

Ill ring them and demand them to put the order through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

just rang a retail store in Limerick. They're now saying it will be next week when they arrive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Polly74

OMFG!!!

Parcel arrived this morning, overwhelming excitement and anticipation, to discover the fcuking ret@rds have sent me an iPhone 3G, 8gb!!!!!??:mad: WTF?
    I thought I was losing it but just to re-confirm I checked my confirmation e-mail again and yes, it does say 1 x iPhone 3GS 16GB Black
    Speak easy gift [with up to €5 call credit]. I am sooooo p1ssed off and frustrated by this. I rang O2 and the girl was all apologies (I know it's not her fault they have some muppets working in the warehouse). The most annoying thing is that she couldn't confirm that they had any in stock and that I could have a refund and try some of the O2 stores!!!? Is she living in the fcuking clouds!? Besides, if I did go for the refund option, it can take up to 30 days! They will take your money off you in a heart beat but when it comes to getting it back, it's a very different story. I have sent the iphone back with a pretty snotty letter. I am sure it will end up in the recycle bin!

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

disappointing alright, but seriously, its just a phone, relax.

Just rang them, they said I will need to fax them the information.
    I told them this happened to a friend and that they put it through on the phone but they said NO i have to fax it though.

Even got pissed off with them.

quarryman wrote: »
    disappointing alright, but seriously, its just a phone, relax.

It's all well and good saying that but when you spend weeks and a lot of time trying to locate one and this happens, it's more than a little frustrating. If it were any other phone it wouldn't matter because I could just go into the nearest retailer and pick one up. I am probably back to square one again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

Damn it! Was online on the website this morning! Checked about 9.50 and the 'buy now' option online was still rendered 'out of stock'. Due to my compulsive nature I checked again at about 10.05 and the 'Buy now' button was enabled at the bottom ot the 32G 3Gs Black at the bottom of the 175 and 350 priceplans!

My heard lept with joy! :D Even though I wanted a 16G one I said feck it, the 32G will have a bit more resale value in future so my extra e100 investment is worth it!

Continued right the way through to the very last option to click confirm! It started to process then came up that one of the items on my list was out of stock! :confused:

I was like...nooooooooooooooooooooo! :eek::eek::eek: Quickly refreshed the page to process the order again and quelle suprise...the option was back to 'out of stock'. :confused:

I was so annoyed! :mad: I wonder if they were testing the website or if I was really only about 60 seconds away from having my order placed? :confused:

Now my day is totally ruined and I'm fuming with the other half because he was the one that delayed me in placing the order by askin me stupid questions about the 32G one!

I really would say it's a case of "if you're not fast, you're last!" There are probably people (myself included) who are refreshing the O2 Shop webpage waiting for the "Buy Now" icon. It's like being on bloody ticketmaster!!!

god that is so frustrating! they must have been gone in like 5 minutes!

sooo close! fuk it anyhow!

anybody any news on stock levels/expected deliveries?

I spoke to a couple of O2 stores this morning and they both said to try again towards the end of the week but I would be there for when they open as they probably have a list of people who have left their details to be called when the stock comes in.

Just rang them, they said I will need to fax them the information.
    I told them this happened to a friend and that they put it through on the phone but they said NO i have to fax it though.

Even got pissed off with them.

What are a shower of messers!

When it happened to me, I rang up that o2 no. right at about 10am... spoke to some woman. Was very nice, told me they put every few orders under security review (i.e. they might check one person out, let the next 10 go through or whatever). She told us she'd have to go over to the security department and get confirmation blah blah blah. Took my e-mail address then and said to wait for an e-mail in "a few mins".

FOUR hours passed!!

Rang them back up, spoke to THE soundest chap in history. Totally synpathised with me and I asked if he could do te "security review" or whatever the F it was while I waited on the phone. He said yeah it wasn't a prob, so he stuck us on hold for about 10 mins. Came back on the phone anyway and told us "yep that's gone through for you now, should have the phone in about 2/3 dats". Sure enough, that was Mon afternoon and I had the phone Wed 9am!!

Now having said that, your situation may be different. I was never asked to fax any info. I had rang them up because no money had left my account whereas other people had said they were debited immediately?! Still, I can't see why they are unable to sort you out over the phone. I thought the whole getting my order through saga was a total disaster on o2's part. That and the fact that the signal on the iphone itself is f'ing appauling at times! May jailbreak back to vodafone in few weeks, shall see how it pans out :pac:

I have just sent my good friends at O2 some statement information and a photocopy of my driving license to comply to their random security checking procedures.
    I have asked that they contact me to verify that they have received this sensitive information, in the fax and also by email. Do you think that have contacted me :-)

Has anyone else gone through this process?

Maninblack, you'll be happy to know they are shipping out the phone today, after about 2 months waiting...
    Thank you for faxing in your ID and bank statement , received this morning .
    Your order has now been released and will be shipped to you today.
    Regards
    On Line Shop Team

congratz!! hopefully getting mine soon

I think they have some in stock for online orders. So fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭justindublin

got two questions before I camp out online or a store for one of these..

Has anyone successfully ordered an iPhone on O2.ie and got it within a reasonable amount of time and trouble free? Between here and mates all i'm hearing is horror stories lol

Secondly,
    When stores get stock are they available to both prepay and postpay customers, like a 'One Handset Fits All' kinda job or are there a certain amount only available for each?

Be deadly if anyone could let us know,

Cheers,
    Paul

• Advertisement

paul as far as I know from talking to the store staff and o2 online the way it works it you can register your interest for a phone so that when stock arrives in the store will contact you. However accoring to o2 they have claimed that they will not put stock on hold for anybody (which is a lie as I know theyve done it - seems to depend on the staff) but its supposed to be on first come first served basis.

So basically if a store gets 15 handsets they will let people know they are in, but if there is 15 people outside in a queue first then they get priority - regardless if they're bill pay/post pay/new/existing customers....

about the online...if the buy now sign is enabled online and your order gets accepted then you SHOULD have your phone within a few days! Ive heard some ghost stories too....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

Guys, Stock tomorrow !

http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=4678

Bloody short notice !!

lol i knew about this.. didnt want to tell anyone though.. if it opens at 9:30 what time should i be down there?

Lol you should be there at like 8 :P But I dont know..

I wont be at any of those stores tomorrow :( :mad: I wish I could get someone to buy one for me in Galway...stupid relations who wont get up early :mad:

I think the key here is communication guys!

If we all tell each other where we are going (in Dublin anyhow) then we can make sure we going somewhere that wont have a huge queue!

I'm thinkin 8.30 in Dun Laoghaire so please fuk off if you are thinkin similar :D:D just kidding of course! (well not really)

im thinkin 8:15 - 8:45 in XXXXXXXXXX

miralize wrote: »
    im thinkin 8:15 - 8:45 in XXXXXXXXXX

Im thinking your thinking O'Connell ST or Crescent SC, lol :P

Hey Barry..

Shut up :P

lol, Well I have to ruin your fun, If I cant be there to buy one myself :P Why did they haev to take out the o2 store from Nenagh :mad:

• Advertisement

Just got mine. One of two in the Crescent SC... the other one was being sold while I got mine. Got to the store around 8. Phew.

Me happy :P

Advertisement