Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find the 3Gs anywhere..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭scolari-ire

For existing customers I get as far as Check your Eligibility and get an error:

"A problem was encountered with the operation that you tried to perform, please try again later "

Dont think I have ever used such a crappy buggy website!

I got the try again error a few times, took me about 5 goes before it accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

I checked my account and the money has been debited almost straight away. I didn't get an email either. I'm hoping that the phone will be here by Friday next week. Although, like yourself im not holding my breath either :D

Then when it gets here i envisage problems with porting the number across....

Weird, the money hasn't gone out of my account yet! I paid with my Laser, thought that was usually an instant-debit kinda set up?

Oh well, at least I have an order in now, that's better than ringing up the CPW every morning and just hoping! Was getting tired of the same old conversation:

"Any iPhones in by any chance?"............."No."
    "Any idea when they're due in?".............."No."
    "Ok well thanks for your time" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

daveyjoe wrote: »
    Picked a 32gb one up from ebay, it came to €608 (including shipping), so I even saved a euro over the Irish PAYG price, lol!

Whatever you do, don't put a prepay sim in it while you surf the web unless you have €1,000's to spare ;)

maninblack wrote: »
    Weird, the money hasn't gone out of my account yet! I paid with my Laser, thought that was usually an instant-debit kinda set up?

Oh well, at least I have an order in now, that's better than ringing up the CPW every morning and just hoping! Was getting tired of the same old conversation:

"Any iPhones in by any chance?"............."No."
    "Any idea when they're due in?".............."No."
    "Ok well thanks for your time" :rolleyes:

Yea I paid by lazer too, if you try to transfer money out of your account or take it out at the ATM it will tell you insufficient funds !

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭w@ll3gurl

not sure if its ok to post on this thread too, as i put it in the other, but i feel maybe it might be some tiny consolation to people to see this article. (admittedly, a very tiny consolation!!!) :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8162798.stm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

ah theyre back online! i ordered myself a 32gb aswell!

delivery "within 3 working days".... won't hold my breath on that :rolleyes:.

Hope so though, I'm heading away next Thurs for a week and hope to bring it with me :pac:. Didn't get any confirmation e-mail though which is weird. I thought I would have got like an auto-reply or something. I got an order code anyway so I presume it went through.

Hey I ordered around the same time as you and still haven't received the email. Have you got yours yet?

Burago wrote: »
    Hey I ordered around the same time as you and still haven't received the email. Have you got yours yet?

nope, nothing at all unfortunately!

Hi, just reading the posts about the delayed email. have no idea why so slow, but it happened to me. I ordered my 3GS online when abroad, on launch day, got home monday and the email 'confirming' my order had only been sent on sunday at about 11am. But it said u had to wait for another email 'accepting' the order. Nearly freaked!!!
    Anyway, i checked all day, still nothing, so i posted on Talk2O2 (if u already 02 customer) and Daryll checked it up. Never found out what actually happened, but seems to be a regular occurence so par for the course.
    Anyway my order was accepted and sorted on tuesday and i got it at about 8.30 the next morning to my door.
    Kinda strange the whole delay, its something to do with the warehouse/dispatch place maybe?

That's a relief, I'm a new customer so unfortunately can't post on talk2o2 yet. I'd love to have it before the bank holiday.

That's a relief, I'm a new customer so unfortunately can't post on talk2o2 yet. I'd love to have it before the bank holiday.

Maybe you could try phoning on monday? I think there is a number somewhere online for the web shop customer service. It nearly drove me mad, only thing is, once u get that all important final email, the delivery seems to be really fast!

Post Edit: (I found the details on O2 website - will paste!)
    If you have ordered a phone online and have a query about your order, you can use our online Track my Order facility to view your order status. If you have additional questions about your delivery then you can can contact our fulfillment company on
    1850 222 020.

• Advertisement

yeah i signed up on talk2o2 and sent daryll a messege. Gonna have to just sit tight for now I guess! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Ugh. I know a certain CPW has a couple in stock (as I know someone who works in a different store), and I went to get one and all I got was 'Sorry, but we don't have any upgrade stock left, just first time connections' which is horse****. I work in the industry. I know that excuse is used when stock is low!

w@ll3gurl wrote: »
    Maybe you could try phoning on monday? I think there is a number somewhere online for the web shop customer service. It nearly drove me mad, only thing is, once u get that all important final email, the delivery seems to be really fast!

Post Edit: (I found the details on O2 website - will paste!)
    If you have ordered a phone online and have a query about your order, you can use our online Track my Order facility to view your order status. If you have additional questions about your delivery then you can can contact our fulfillment company on
    1850 222 020.

Just rang that number and the woman who answered told me they were the delivery company and that I had to contact o2 directly??

Then she gave me a number which turned out to be o2 speakeasy ??

This whole thing is starting to get to me, all I want is an email, the money was taken from my account the second I bought the bloody phone.

Does anyone have a log in to the o2 forum where you can ask paddy or darell about this, they seem to get things done on that forum !!!

Just rang that number and the woman who answered told me they were the delivery company and that I had to contact o2 directly??

This whole thing is starting to get to me, all I want is an email, the money was taken from my account the second I bought the bloody phone.

Does anyone have a log in to the o2 forum where you can ask paddy or darell about this, they seem to get things done on that forum !!!

Exact same for me, on hold to speak easy. Pretty awful service that a company can't send you an automated confirmation email when they charge you €229.

on hold now, this musics driving us crazy!!

how long were you lads waiting?

edit: number for o2 is 1850601747

on hold now, this musics driving us crazy!!

how long were you lads waiting?

edit: number for o2 is 1850601747

Not that long at all, 5 min maybe !!!

Not that long at all, 5 min maybe !!!

just got off the phone with them anyway. Told me my order was marked down as "under review". Apparently every so many orders get marked down for review by security. Asked her how long it would take... didn't know (naturally).

Told her then to just scrap the order, I didn't want it anymore. That got her moving anyway, took my e-mail address and said she'd check it out with security personally and e-mail me an update within an hour.

Gonna hang on and see what this "update" is... if its a crock of sh1t then I'll be telling them to jog on! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

You can PM Talk2O2: Daryll via Boards.ie. He usually gets back to you fairly quickly.

Fionagus wrote: »
    You can PM Talk2O2: Daryll via Boards.ie. He usually gets back to you fairly quickly.

Daryll told me my order was fine and there was no need to worry.

Then I ring up and get told its NOT fine. So you're definitely better off getting them on the phone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

I'v gotta 32GB, factory unlocked, white one straight from the apple online store in Australia.. $1040.. that about €595... Obviously you need to be in Australia but if you know someone over here that can post one home then your sorted!

• Advertisement

So I eventually received my email, I'm not sure if this had anything to do with talking to customer care. I'm a new O2 customer and am leaving Meteor Pre-Pay for O2 bill. I'm surprised that no where in the email doesn't mention me sending them a copy of my proof of address and ID. It's not very clear on the site, what's the procedure for this?
    A pre-populated combined contract and direct debit mandate form, along with a pre-paid envelope, will be sent with your phone. You willneed to sign this form and return it to us within 10 days.

If you are moving your number from another network to O2 Pay monthly you will need to sign an additional form included in your pack and enclose a copy of a recent bill with your existing mobile phone company.

So I eventually received my email, I'm not sure if this had anything to do with talking to customer care. I'm a new O2 customer and am leaving Meteor Pre-Pay for O2 bill. I'm surprised that no where in the email doesn't mention me sending them a copy of my proof of address and ID. It's not very clear on the site, what's the procedure for this?

What number did you ring Burago?

you got... THE e-mail? so you'll have your phone within 3 days then?

Hope they do the same for me. I'm gonna ring them back at lunchtime.

What number did you ring Burago?

The speakeasy number the lady in the dispatch place gave me: 1850 601 747

you got... THE e-mail? so you'll have your phone within 3 days then?

Hope they do the same for me. I'm gonna ring them back at lunchtime.

Apparently not:
    When will it arrive?

Your order will arrive within 3 working days of acceptance of your order. You will receive an email to confirm when your order has been dispatched.

I haven't received acceptance yet, which hopefully won't take long. If I have the phone and my Meteor number ported by Friday I'll be a happy bunny.

I just got this from O2.
    Dear Sir/Madam

Subsequent to your recent order with the O2 Online Shop, we regret to inform you that we will be unable to confirm your order. As such we will not be shipping your requested item(s). This is due to the fact that your card has not been authorised. Please contact your Credit/Laser card provider to verify the status of your account.

Regards,
    O2 Online Shop Team

The thing is they have already taken the money, I really dont understand !!!!!!

I see what happened here.
    I put the money into my account for the phone, then went online to order it.

Once I ordered it I looked at my account and it looked like 300 had been debited so I presumed it was from O2.
    Turns out it was for a loan and not the phone, so now becuase O2 didnt take the money when i ordered it the money is gone and due to this it canceled the order......I can put the money back in but now you cant order the ohone online anymore.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Apparently not:

I haven't received acceptance yet, which hopefully won't take long. If I have the phone and my Meteor number ported by Friday I'll be a happy bunny.

If I get an email confirming my ORDER by Friday I'll be a happy bunny lol! :rolleyes:

Just heard from an O2 employee that there is a rumor that there is stock coming in on Friday.

• Advertisement

Just heard from an O2 employee that there is a rumor that there is stock coming in on Friday.

whats size is the stock coming in? 5 phones prob ffs! :rolleyes:

Advertisement