Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find the 3Gs anywhere..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭scolari-ire

maninblack wrote: »
    whats size is the stock coming in? 5 phones prob ffs! :rolleyes:

Ha ha, yea, probably less !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 johnjojo

on the 02 website it says that they have stock for the iphone 3gs, placed an order today. do they actually not have stock and this is just a way of pre booking them very confused as some are sold out but some not on different price plans same memory??

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

Well I rang up o2 again anyway, talked to a much nicer chap this time. Understood my frsutration. I let him know their online service was a total disaster zone. Put me on hold then, went over to the security department and cleared me there and then.

Money was FINALLY taken from my account and I got an order e-mail. :cool:

Having said that, I'm gearing myself for dissapointment now...
    When will it arrive?

Your order will arrive within 3 working days of acceptance of your order. You will receive an email to confirm when your order has been dispatched.

God knows how long this "acceptance e-mail" will take :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

God knows how long this "acceptance e-mail" will take :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's the stage I'm at since about 10am this morning. I've received nothing yet but will post here as soon as a hear anything.

Mine seems to be moving along anyway finally, looks promising at least!

orderv.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭peter83

I'm hoping to get my iPhone in a week or two, I want the 32gb but have heard that there are still major stock issues with it, anyone know if this is the case? I can't believe they are still having stock issues at this stage! Crazy!!

Mine has gone to 'processing' my order details are currently being picked by our warehouse. Good news!

peter83 wrote: »
    I'm hoping to get my iPhone in a week or two, I want the 32gb but have heard that there are still major stock issues with it, anyone know if this is the case? I can't believe they are still having stock issues at this stage! Crazy!!

The problem is Apple's, it's been widely reported that they can't meet demand. O2 aren't doing themselves or their customers any favours due to the lack of info and shoddy online ordering system.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭peter83

Burago wrote: »
    The problem is Apple's, it's been widely reported that they can't meet demand. O2 aren't doing themselves or their customers any favours due to the lack of info and shoddy online ordering system.

Switching over from another network makes the whole thing even more difficult!

peter83 wrote: »
    Switching over from another network makes the whole thing even more difficult!

I haven't got that far yet. Just received a mail saying my phone has been dispatched. The package is meant to contain all the documents nneded to finalise my contract and port my number. As I'm leaving a pre-paid service I can't imagine the port being too much hassle.

• Advertisement

I haven't got that far yet. Just received a mail saying my phone has been dispatched. The package is meant to contain all the documents nneded to finalise my contract and port my number. As I'm leaving a pre-paid service I can't imagine the port being too much hassle.

So you actually got it dispatched and all? **** man if only I had rang up and got it sorted when you did!

So what order is it when you log into track it on the o2 website?

1) Pending
    2) Received
    3) Dispatched??

How long between Received and Dispatched?

This is how it went. I'm not sure if my call did anything. He basically said to wait that it was going through the process as normal.

35i3xq8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭iggy82

iggy82 wrote: »
    Still waiting on my port 2 weeks later and all they say is we will try again with still no offer of a call back to update me

Looks like my port is finally going through this morning and o2 did call me back on Friday to give me an update. They have also credited me for the 2 weeks when i did not have my number. I seemed to get talking to one girl in customer care who actually saw the problem through to its conclusion and kept me updated but still frustrating to wait 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

so anyone got any info on stock in the o2 stores? its payday!

quarryman wrote: »
    so anyone got any info on stock in the o2 stores? its payday!

I heard there is supposed to be stock coming in on Friday. From an O2 employee. He said it was a rumor.

that's it? not a single 32GB 3GS in the country?

quarryman wrote: »
    that's it? not a single 32GB 3GS in the country?

I rang up Car phone warehouse the other day, they can check their system for the whole country and tell you exactly how many they have left.
    He was able to tell me that there are none in the country :D

I presume the same goes for O2.

From the Talk2o2 messege boards:
    July 27th

There will be very limited stock of White iPhone 3Gs 32GB & 16GB available on Thursday morning the 30th in O2 stores. These phones will be sold on a first come first serve basis as usual so get there early on Thursday morning if you are calling later please call your local O2 & CPW store to check availability

So... no more black phones for now!

My 32gb black is being picked at the warehouse now :D

Actually just.... can't believe it!

my iphone is also being picked from the warehouse but has been since 9 o'clock this morning anybody know what is going on???

Just checked, mines been processing since 10.29 this morning ffs.

If it dosen't get sent out today, it possibly wont come until next week if it takes 3 working days! :(

• Advertisement

i reckon though the place they dispatch the phones from is some industrial estate outside dublin so if you live in dublin i dont think it will take 3 days. fingers crossed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭iggy82

If it dosen't get sent out today, it possibly wont come until next week if it takes 3 working days! :(

mine arrived the next day after the warehouse had the order and I live in Dundalk so i would think you'll get it fairly quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

I just ordered mines online an hour ago. If I happen to go into a shop and pick one up before its sent out to me, do you think they would just cancel the one I ordered online?

I just rang:

o2 Nutgrove
    o2 Tallaght
    Carphone warehouse Nutgrove
    Carphone warehouse Tallaght

... and none of them replied. Maybe they are just sick of people ringing about iphones. Well actually CW tallaght didn't connect so maybe they are no longer around.

I don't really understand their system. I got a mail yesterday saying my order had been shipped but I didn't get a tracking number. Today I check the status on their site and it says my order is being packed for delivery. I now have a tracking number but An Post don't recognise it.

I don't really understand their system. I got a mail yesterday saying my order had been shipped but I didn't get a tracking number. Today I check the status on their site and it says my order is being packed for delivery. I now have a tracking number but An Post don't recognise it.

Yep, I finally got the all important mail at 5.20pm there saying my order had shipped and giving me a tracking number. Mine dosen't work either but I wouldn't worry about that. I send stuff by registered post often enough and it does take the best part of a day for the tracking info to show up.

Most important thing now anyway is that it's in An Post's hands :D

*crosses fingers for Thursday*

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭zenit

Same here. I got no email about shipping though. Very strange ways to do business.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Just heard from an O2 employee that there is a rumor that there is stock coming in on Friday.

We heard the same last week, we didn't get any. Got 3G iphones, the 8GB ones, instead. :P

Most important thing now anyway is that it's in An Post's hands :D

*crosses fingers for Thursday*

I got it into my head that it'd arrive today. Whenever the receptionist came near my desk I presumed it was to hand me my new toy. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

*will have one tomorrow, fingers crossed*

Advertisement