Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find the 3Gs anywhere..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭zenit

Track and Trace now updated " ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER":)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

zenit wrote: »
    Track and Trace now updated " ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER":)

Mine too, no reason we won't have them tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

same here lads!

anpost.jpg

:D:D

Nice 1, hopefully we'll all have our phones tomorrow so :)

Why don't we all just go to Ballymount ourselves and save Mr. Postman a journey?

Burago wrote: »
    Why don't we all just go to Ballymount ourselves and save Mr. Postman a journey?

Was just thinking that myself. It's not that far from where I work. Prob need to give them a shout in the morning to know I'm dropping over.

Found this number in the phonebook for "An Post, Walkinstown 12". Assume it's the place..

(01) 4506290

EDIT: Scrap that no. actually, its for the branch of An Post in Walkinstown and not the parcel centre.

Feck it, hopefully they just deliver to us in the morning. I might drive over later in the afternoon if theres no sign of it as opposed to waiting until the next day!

• Advertisement

woohoo my phone arrived this morning! :D

just quickly opened it, looks absolutly stunning!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

My order is processing since 10:23 this morning, did people find that it usually gets sent for shipping a few hours after this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

digiman wrote: »
    My order is processing since 10:23 this morning, did people find that it usually gets sent for shipping a few hours after this stage?
    O2 wrote:
    29 July 2009
    15:26:19 Processing Your order has been packed and is being prepared for delivery.

Hopefully I will be able to pick this up at the depot as I will never be at home to sign for it.

digiman wrote: »
    Hopefully I will be able to pick this up at the depot as I will never be at home to sign for it.

I didn't sign for it, they just handed it in. They just take it back to the nearest sorting office if there's nobody home. Shouldn't be too far!

Mine was ordered on Friday afternoon and arrived today. Had a crazy day in work so didn't get much time with it but so far I am very impressed. I'd have some concerns about the coverage but as this is my first iPhone and my first time with O2 I'll have to wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Anyone else tempted to post "I know O2 in Anystreet are geting 500 tomorrow at 1pm" or similar? Could have hilarious consequences :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Pretty annoyed today. I had my iPhone literally within reach, paperwork done and dusted but because the PLU code hadn't been updated on EPOS, they wouldn't sell it out, so I have to wait until tomorrow! Ugh! On the plus side, it is a white one so I won't get confused with the other halfs one!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

chrislad wrote: »
    Pretty annoyed today. I had my iPhone literally within reach, paperwork done and dusted but because the PLU code hadn't been updated on EPOS, they wouldn't sell it out, so I have to wait until tomorrow! Ugh! On the plus side, it is a white one so I won't get confused with the other halfs one!

what's a PLU and EPOS?

I thought they weren't selling them until tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

quarryman wrote: »
    what's a PLU and EPOS?

Yeah, I heard the same thing, that O2 had instructed stores not to sell the new stock till the morning?

quarryman wrote: »
    what's a PLU and EPOS?

PLU - Price Look Up code
    EPOS - Electronic Point of Sale (ie a till)

Basically, I had everything done and they went to the till, realised it wasn't scanning at the right price so had to wait until tomorrow morning.

chrislad wrote: »
    PLU - Price Look Up code
    EPOS - Electronic Point of Sale (ie a till)

Basically, I had everything done and they went to the till, realised it wasn't scanning at the right price so had to wait until tomorrow morning.

where was this? they are not due on sale until tomorrow.

Doesn't matter. Have it now! :)

fair enough. but you've taken an iphone off someone who waited (and queued) today.

How so? I'd like to hear where that came from. When I went to the shop at 9:30am this morning, there was no queue, I was the first person there. When I went to get it yesterday and signed my upgrade contract and was told I would have to wait until today to get it, how am I taking it from someone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

Got mine today a white 32gb. Waited outside Dundum o2 since 7.30am and was 3rd in line.

Was only 14 in stock. So happy as i was on o2 corporate/sme list and still no luck after 3-4 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭emmo16

I have just been to the 2 O2 shops on henry street dublin and was told they dont have any and they might be in next week. Does anyone know where I can get one in Dublin city centre. Ive tried to call about 6 shops now and I havent been able to get through to any.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

I have rang o2 shops also and only 1/10 answer their phones ! :mad:

I have rang o2 shops also and only 1/10 answer their phones ! :mad:

Keep trying. If we're all serving customers, we're not allowed leave them to answer the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭peter83

I can't WAIT to get my hands on one! I will need to switch over to o2 from Meteor though (pain!).
    Have registered an account on the o2 forums to ask a few questions, registered yesterday but they still haven't cleared my account to be able to post, whats with that??
    I want a black 32g but judging by what I've read on here I could be waiting a while!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

sdonn wrote: »
    Keep trying. If we're all serving customers, we're not allowed leave them to answer the phone.

Judging by your answe,r you work in o2. Could you tell me if you have a functional IPhone on display in stores for people to test ? Thanks.

peter83 wrote: »
    I can't WAIT to get my hands on one! I will need to switch over to o2 from Meteor though (pain!).
    Have registered an account on the o2 forums to ask a few questions, registered yesterday but they still haven't cleared my account to be able to post, whats with that??
    I want a black 32g but judging by what I've read on here I could be waiting a while!!

You won't be able to port from Meteor until Tuesday at 8am. Meteor are doing systems upgrades so won't be able to do ports to other networks until then.

Judging by your answe,r you work in o2. Could you tell me if you have a functional IPhone on display in stores for people to test ? Thanks.

We do anyway, I presume it's the same in most branches.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 chisler

After weeks of going into O2 stores and CPW shops only to be laughed at for asking if they had any iPhones in stock, I finally ordered online on Wednesday morning. iPhone was delivered this morning - dont know why I put myself through the stress and humiliation of going to a physical store when it was very straightforward to order it on their website - or maybe I just got lucky with there being stock in the warehouse when I ordered. Either way I'm happy :).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

What documentation do you have to provide when ordering it online? I assume it was bill?

S.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Polly74

chisler wrote: »
    After weeks of going into O2 stores and CPW shops only to be laughed at for asking if they had any iPhones in stock, I finally ordered online on Wednesday morning. iPhone was delivered this morning - dont know why I put myself through the stress and humiliation of going to a physical store when it was very straightforward to order it on their website - or maybe I just got lucky with there being stock in the warehouse when I ordered. Either way I'm happy :).

Hey, so you ordered and received your iPhone in 24hrs? Where do you live and did you receive an e-mail saying your order was accepted? I ordered yesterday lunchtime but have still got "Pending" when I check the tracking number! I, like you have been chasing stores like a muppet. i just want it now, it shouldn't be this much of a pain in the @rse!!! Cheers mate. Enjoy!

Advertisement