Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Forum v Soccer Forum - Requiem

Options

Comments

I've changed my mind about the starting XI lads and I'll see how we are tomorrow and make the final calls. Drop outs etc have left us a bit short so I'll make the call when I see what we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

let me know if you need more players, i might be able to get some

let me know if you need more players, i might be able to get some

We should be ok but if you can bring a CB that might make life easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Hey lads, looks like Im taking over for Keith managing this as he has asked me too. He has to collect the Rooney's from the airport.

I am probably not playing myself.

Same as usual though, money before the game and the team will be picked around who has been playing regularly.

Daragh bring along those players Im sure Ill get them on somewhere it looks like numbers could be tight. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,240 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Also, if anyone is coming from town and doesnt fancy a bus if they wanna get the luas to Windy Arbour Luas Stop for about quarter past twelve Ill bring em the rest of the way.

Pm me or post here etc etc if that suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Sorry lads have to withdraw thought family dinner was next weekend :rolleyes:

Balls.

May as well stick up the team:

Breifne

Roundtower
    Jay
    Dave(HJ's mate)
    Gordo

Frandawwwwg
    Donal
    Paudie
    Kweveen

Ricky

Daragh

Subs: Me
    Reganio
    Mr.Derek

Like I said, Im being loyal to the heads that were here from the start, I dont expect to play myself given my knee injury but if I feel up to it I might. Reganio and Mr.Derek will get 45 mins each hopefully, although gameflow dependent but definitely 30mins.
    • No cash before= no game.
    • 10er a man.
    • Be there at half 12 for a warm-up and to introduce the new faces etc.

Good luck see you all tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

ehhh i dont mind being sub but i really dont want to pay 10 euro for just 30 mins of play.45 is grand tho.

mrDerek wrote: »
    ehhh i dont mind being sub but i really dont want to pay 10 euro for just 30 mins of play.45 is grand tho.

It is highly likely you will get 45 mins but I just can't guarantee it. It is the same as all the last games and I have to be loyal to the regulars while also wanting to win the game.

If this doesnt suit I am sorry but thats the way it is and has been.

Note: I do not have a decent ball, can Ricky/Daragh or someone bring a ball please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

I have a friend who came a couple of times inc. the last time that will be down again (Fintan).
    He doesn't mind which side he plays for as he just wants at least a half on one side. He's an excellent defender and can also play as a mid if needed.
    Whichever team wants him let me know so I can tell him.

Kevin will only be there for the 1st half of the match. He has to go away for 2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Cheers gaffer 45 mins is grand anyway. I play ball reguraly (Spelt well well wrong btw :D) so should be good for however long you need me for anyway. Looking forward to it as well. Should be a good laugh, oh and I agree with the regular posters getting 1st preferance btw only way to do things.

I may be able to get a lift out but all things failing, whats the best way to get out their from Artane/Coolock area does anyone know? Cheers

I have a friend who came a couple of times inc. the last time that will be down again (Fintan).
    He doesn't mind which side he plays for as he just wants at least a half on one side. He's an excellent defender and can also play as a mid if needed.
    Whichever team wants him let me know so I can tell him.

Kevin will only be there for the 1st half of the match. He has to go away for 2pm.

Neither team needs him Ricky. We are ok with Daragh bringing Dave and Olly.
    Cheers anyway.

Lift is sorted so I will be there alright :D. Better get a few mins for the favours I have to do.... All perfectly legal and not gay at all... *Shifty eyes*

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Lift is sorted so I will be there alright :D. Better get a few mins for the favours I have to do.... All perfectly legal and not gay at all... *Shifty eyes*

Eh...

Your cut.

I shall still be there though half of them are done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

do we have jerseys or should we wear a colour?

• Advertisement

Yeah sorry lads, I just came on to day anyone on our team wear red but I see Lloyd got their before me.

Good game lads. We started very poorly and paid the price for a bad 1st third performance. It was encouraging that we got back into it from 6:0 down. If we had started like we ended we would of won easily. It ended up being enjoyable.

MOM was Lloyd I think, made a few wonderful saves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

Lads apologies for missing this. I was let down on a baby sitter.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Poker lost? oh noes....

Enjoyable game even if I did switch from CB to Ref to CM.

My man of the match was Daragh for sure and by a country mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

sorry couldnt make it.had problems with the missus last night which resulted in me gettin to bed at 5am.maybe if theres another game soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

good game lads, we showed some decent spirit to fight back, whether or not we should of been so far behind is debatable though and after the little spat we lost the heads and fell to pieces for the first while and it was only when we started playing together that we got back into it.

Breifne was a little unlucky to let in some of them but knows himself could of done a little better as well. the defense was slightly shambolic near the end but because of the way we played with the midfield pushing up to win the long balls it left us very exposed and with a lack of communication and mobility on my behalf we struggled to deal with jeff and his galloping runs. In the end we were just pushing him wide in the hope that he'd outrun the rest of his team which he did but we really did fail to contain him. We didn't have that problem in the first third with Lloyd and the other guy up front so to let in the goals we did then was disappointing.

just an aside but the whole point of these football matches was for the craic. this one was organised with beers and food etc in mind and while i know that fell through we need to lighten up as its a game for fun so no need for the theatrics in future

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

good game all round, it would have been amazing to come back from 6-0 down and it certainly didn't seem out of our grasp. When you consider that they got one goal from a rebound off the wire and one from several yards offside (think we had a dodgy one as well) it really could have gone either way.

MOM for me was Dave the centre half, he dealt extremely well with balls coming in from every direction, even if nobody could totally contain Jeff. After about 65 minutes I could hardly move so he was doing my job as well as his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

5starpool wrote: »
    Poker lost? oh noes....

I guess those who weren't there should know that it ended up being a Grosvenor Lane/soccer forum select, we didn't actually lose to the crowd who turned up the first time the soccer forum played :p

• Advertisement

mrDerek wrote: »
    sorry couldnt make it.had problems with the missus last night which resulted in me gettin to bed at 5am.maybe if theres another game soon :)
    Jayminator wrote: »
    Lads apologies for missing this. I was let down on a baby sitter.

I was hoping someone else would say something, but this really isn't on. We ended up being short players and having to start late, and then playing most of the game with no subs. And this is after turning away people who definitely would of shown up. At least Jay's excuse is somewhat understandable. If I was in charge I wouldn't let either of you play again.

Advertisement