Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Forum v Soccer Forum - Requiem

Options

Comments

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'm charged with organizing the soccer forum team. Can you PM me when you have the pitch and time confirmed?

Just putting this out there though, if they can't do a grass pitch we should probably look at getting the astro used in the previous games...

I've already text the Leicester Celtic guy too as back up. Should have a definitive for you today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'm charged with organizing the soccer forum team. Can you PM me when you have the pitch and time confirmed?

Just putting this out there though, if they can't do a grass pitch we should probably look at getting the astro used in the previous games...

Lloyd,
    I aint sure what the facilities are like with the previous Astro pitch but this complex is top class with showers, changing rooms, proper full size pitch. Then a decent bar with food for afterwards.

Kayroo,
    That lad from Sporstslink never responded to my calls as I would imagine he has assumed we are on to him about the same match and continued to deal with your good self. As I am a member out there if you have any probs re prices etc then pm me. See you Sunday

Jay

Spoke to the Sportslink guy yesterday, said the Astro pitches are available but put me through to the woman who looks after the grass pitches and she hasn't got back to me yet.

Same problem I ve been having....

Jayminator wrote: »
    Same problem I ve been having....

Might need you to do a little talking Jay as they said it was normally only rented out to members.

Might need you to do a little talking Jay as they said it was normally only rented out to members.

Your man Niall Gamble (funny name for a poker football match) from Sportslink never bothered his hole calling me back. I ll call him now again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Leicester Celtic imo. Purely cos its so close to me.

Keith,
    I just spoke to Niall in SPortslink. He is booking it under my membership but needs it cleared by the manager. The problem with the grass pitch is that we need our own insurance. I ve told them we can sign a waiver for the insurance.

However the Astro is basically available all day Sunday. Niall will come back to me or you by tomorrow.

Any need for a ref. I can probably get a proper ref ir needed.

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

I aint sure what the facilities are like with the previous Astro pitch but this complex is top class with showers, changing rooms, proper full size pitch. Then a decent bar with food for afterwards.

great facility but a pain in the rocks to get to!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I think Des said he was available to ref it again.

great facility but a pain in the rocks to get to!

You must be joking right? There are a heap of buses that head out that way and you can organise lifts and stuff.

If needs be people can bus out to the Omniplex cinema in Santry and we can organise others to pick them up.

• Advertisement

Ugh Grim, sportslink.

Is it a grass Sportslink pitch or an Astro?

Jay

If Niall speaks to you we want the pitch for 1 o'clock ok?

Here is the squad for Sunday:

Breifne
    Kayroo (not 100% but hopefully I'll be over this chest infection - I'll be there for sure)
    Semibluff (maybe- GAA matches allowing)
    Hectorjelly
    Aodea
    Shoutman
    Trippie
    Carfax
    Reganio
    Jayminator
    Roundtower
    Tonc76
    Jackyback
    Cardshark
    mrDerek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

You must be joking right? There are a heap of buses that head out that way and you can organise lifts and stuff.

If needs be people can bus out to the Omniplex cinema in Santry and we can organise others to pick them up.

I'm pretty sure all the buses that go past Omni also go directly past Sportslink, unless you were coming from an easy landmark angle, in which case that makes more sense!

The 16a, 33 and all the 41's go past Sportslink.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

tribulus wrote: »
    The 16a, 33 and all the 41's go past Sportslink.

Plus the 27b and the 746 from the southside.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

refs as well :D did he allow the roll on roll off substitution way of playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

Keith,
    I just spoke to Niall in SPortslink. He is booking it under my membership but needs it cleared by the manager. The problem with the grass pitch is that we need our own insurance. I ve told them we can sign a waiver for the insurance.

However the Astro is basically available all day Sunday. Niall will come back to me or you by tomorrow.

Jay

make this a Grosvenor Lane fundraiser or something, we have public liability insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Kevin has asked me to put his name down for this.

Do we know if we're playing grass or astro yet?

Kevin has asked me to put his name down for this.

Do we know if we're playing grass or astro yet?

The guy didn't speak to myself of, afaik, Jay so I am getting onto them tomorrow until I get a confirmation and I'd be pretty sure this is on astro given the last conversation I had with them.

Their customer service SUCKS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

ugh astro

• Advertisement

What kind of Astro is it? Is it the same surface to the one in Leicster or is it more like Rafaelas?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

No Sportslink is the same surface as Raphaelas/the place beside Stillorgan.

tribulus wrote: »
    No Sportslink is the same surface as Raphaelas/the place beside Stillorgan.

Ugh, no dice imo. Terrible surface altogether.

Ugh, no dice imo. Terrible surface altogether.

Feel free to book a pitch so. I've been trying to negotiate a grass pitch all week and Sportslink are, frankly, a complete sham. Jay is a member and they don't return his calls. I've been onto them no less than 8 times this week and got one reply.

Girl who handles the grass pitch and guy who handles the astro pitches are at least a half hour walk from each others desks apparently.

I am gonna call Leicester Celtic tomorrow and see can I book that.

Feel free to book a pitch so. I've been trying to negotiate a grass pitch all week and Sportslink are, frankly, a complete sham. Jay is a member and they don't return his calls. I've been onto them no less than 8 times this week and got one reply.

Girl who handles the grass pitch and guy who handles the astro pitches are at least a half hour walk from each others desks apparently.

I am gonna call Leicester Celtic tomorrow and see can I book that.

Yeah just book leicester, they've always been good to us and the surface there is perfect.

Rafaela's type surface is cat and is closer to a gravel surface than an astro surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

might be a bit late to suggest this but oscar traynor have extremely nice pitches astro and grass. not sure of the price or how to get in contact with them though.
    Where is leicester anyway?

mrDerek wrote: »
    might be a bit late to suggest this but oscar traynor have extremely nice pitches astro and grass. not sure of the price or how to get in contact with them though.
    Where is leicester anyway?

Pretty much behind nutgrove shopping centre.

Lads actually, I dont know why I havent suggested this before but anyone needing to get to the pitch if they make there way to the Windy Arbour Luas Stop I can bring ye the rest of the way.

obv, 4 max and dependent on whether we book leicester or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

prob a reasonable idea here...
    bushy park? grass pitch?
    i have nets, and i have the number for the chap in bushy... i'll call him in the morning, should be no problem getting one pitch somewhere up there at 1pm...

• Advertisement

ditpoker wrote: »
    prob a reasonable idea here...
    bushy park? grass pitch?
    i have nets, and i have the number for the chap in bushy... i'll call him in the morning, should be no problem getting one pitch somewhere up there at 1pm...

I was going to suggest this but figures 1pm on a Sunday could be busy time for them. Good call though.

Advertisement