Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Forum v Soccer Forum - Requiem

Options
  • 24-03-2009 12:42pm

After some discussions we have been challenged to another game on either the 12th or the 19th of April.

Given our margin of victory the last couple of games we will be looking to give guys a longer run this time where possible. In a couple of positions we'll need to keep a fairly consistent base but we are short of players in those spots anyway and with Ricky out we have a spot open up front regardless.

Anyone who is interested leave your name here with your preferred position (if I don't already know it) and that goes for regular players too. I am not going to assume anyone is playing unless they have their name stuck down here first.

We'll be looking to make it 3 out of 3 and there is a decent chance they'll be taking Jeff with them this time so it should make it a more even game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Unavailable for the 12th but around on the 19th.

RB for me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

12th is Easter weekend yeah? Irish Open and all that jazz. I am up for playing in it if I am available (i.e. knocked out of the tournament) and will most likely be available the 19th too.

Centre mid is my preferred position if you want someone to break up the oppositions play etc....Other than that I would just prefer not to be on the bench :)

Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

19th is Easter Sunday I think lads.

Im in for either day though, I will be in Dublin regardless.

edit: Steve says 12th is Easter Sunday, Ill believe him.

I'm not sure which one is Easter Sunday but obviously with Easter and the Irish Open the game will be on the other of those 2 Sundays.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Easter Sunday is 12th.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

I'm not sure which one is Easter Sunday but obviously with Easter and the Irish Open the game will be on the other of those 2 Sundays.

The Irish Open is on Easter Sunday/Weekend - 12th April/(9th-13th)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Good luck lads, if you's are short give me a shout, would love to play but only fair regulars and people who played the last game get preferance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

The 12th is Easter Sunday, doesn't bother me though Ill play either day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

same here, ill play either day

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Easter Sunday is the 12th.

So would we be better off just doing it for the 19th? Can see people being unavailable Easter Sunday.

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Easter Sunday is the 12th.

So would we be better off just doing it for the 19th? Can see people being unavailable Easter Sunday.

Yeah, it's the 19th for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

The 19th would be great. I know I ve said this before but the SPortslink have full size astro or grass pitch which I think if the game is in April a grass pitch could be available.

If required I promise to make enquiries on availability this time

I normally play centre half or sweeper but can kick a few people upfront if stuck. Be warned though my brain moves quicker than my legs these days.

Jay

Jayminator wrote: »
    The 19th would be great. I know I ve said this before but the SPortslink have full size astro or grass pitch which I think if the game is in April a grass pitch could be available.

If required I promise to make enquiries on availability this time

I normally play centre half or sweeper but can kick a few people upfront if stuck. Be warned though my brain moves quicker than my legs these days.

Jay

Sure have a look Jay and let me know. I'll have to ask the Soccer forum lads how they'd be set for a grass game.

Oh and if I am allowed play I am a forward. Will do nothing but usually guaranteed a goal :D.
    Can also play Centre Mid if stuck

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Oh and if I am allowed play I am a forward. Will do nothing but usually guaranteed a goal :D.
    Can also play Centre Mid if stuck

Sorry man but, who are you? I don't mean to be rude but I've never seen ya post here before is all. Genuinely not trying to exclude ya or anything, you are more than welcome to come, but do you play poker or did ya just see the thread on the main page and it piqued your interest?

Either is fine by me, as long as you realise that regular posters will get preference in terms of playing time.

Oh yeah course. Its a bit of both really I check out the poker thread and seen it, but yeah this just gained my interest. Yeah I play poker but only socially, haven't got enough money to go proper. On Paddy Power as well and play that most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

said ill play for the other lads, but im happy to stay with you guys if ya want im easy either way.

aodea wrote: »
    said ill play for the other lads, but im happy to stay with you guys if ya want im easy either way.

We'll see who needs the extra players. I call first dibs on ya at this stage though.

OK, list so far:

Kayroo
    Theresalwaysone
    Hectorjelly
    Aodea
    Shoutman
    Trippie
    Carfax
    Reganio
    Jayminator

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

in

full back/wing, should be fitter than last time although maybe not as it's possible I'll have just got back from Amsterdam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

I'm available for this Keith - RB, RW or bench ... not for too long though :D

OK, list so far:

Kayroo
    Theresalwaysone
    Hectorjelly
    Aodea
    Shoutman
    Trippie
    Carfax
    Reganio
    Jayminator
    Roundtower
    Tonc76
    Jackyback

Updated list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Hey guys i dont actively post just quietly observe :) i was wondering if i could get in on the game.pretty handy if i might say so.can play left or right wings or wing back.

mrDerek wrote: »
    Hey guys i dont actively post just quietly observe :) i was wondering if i could get in on the game.pretty handy if i might say so.can play left or right wings or wing back.

More the merrier. PM me contact details will you? That goes for Reganio as well. I think I have pretty much everyone elses number.

So is this going ahead the 12th or 19th?

I ve made enquiries with Sportslink on availability of pitches either grass or full size Astro. They re coming back to me on this.

Sportslink has full facilities, changing rooms showers etc and a lovely big bar that serves good grub.

http://www.sportslink.ie/

jay

Frisbee wrote: »
    So is this going ahead the 12th or 19th?

19th I believe. Previous week is Easter weekend and the IO is on

Jayminator wrote: »
    19th I believe. Previous week is Easter weekend and the IO is on

Suits me much better :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

let me know if ye are stuck for numbers :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Im available both dates :) im in fairly good fitness at the moment aswel :) whats the quality like anyway? fitness and skill

Advertisement