Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Forum v Soccer Forum - Requiem

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Sounds good to me. 2 hours >>> 1 hour, I'd feel it's hardly worth playing at all if it's only one hour.

If we can only get the astro then I'd obviously rather play somewhere more convenient for me, obviously nowhere is going to suit everyone so I don't mind travelling.

Jayminator wrote: »
    Lads,
    Sportslink is available for the astro pitch for the 19th. I ve to re confirm if we can get the grass pitch. I will contact them again today and try sort the grass pitch but the full size astro pitch is free.

Cost €120 per hour. I have asked about booking this for 2 hours, however as we are all not members of Sportslink I have offered the excuse that this was a charity match. If it was to be organised as a charity game we can get the pitch for the €120 for 2 hours for €5 per person per team.

I suggest we could use this occasion as a chance to support Damo 72's fund raiser below by each player making a contribution to a worthy cause.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055513255&highlight=Damo+72

What are peoples thoughts on this

Super idea Jay. Can I suggest you edit your number out of that post though?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I've edited it. Prob for the best Jay. I'm sure Kayroo took note of it anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Jayminator wrote: »
    Lads,
    I ve to re confirm if we can get the grass pitch.

Cost €120 per hour. I have asked about booking this for 2 hours, however as we are all not members of Sportslink

€120 for 2 hours for €5 per person per team.

this.

alri jay the astro pitch is that 11 a side also?I love playing on 11 a side astro pitches havent played on grass in so long. How many bodies have you got so far?
    120 yoyo's for 2 hours seems quite handy haha. ya have a time in mind for when this will happen? 3 - 4 pm? or maybe earlier to catch the afternoon matches :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

good idea about catchin the afternoon matches with a few pints . . . still hoping for the grass pitch though!

• Advertisement

grass is good :) im pretty quick so naturally ill end up getin clipped and fallin over.better grass dan plastic that burns d arse off ya.only thing about astro is its smooth.no ball bobbling

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

mrDerek wrote: »
    grass is good :) im pretty quick so naturally ill end up getin clipped and fallin over.

Excuse you we on the Soccer forum play a clean game.

Hold on,,, maybe that's why we were hammered last two times.

*sharpens studs*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Grass or Astro its all the same to me. Have a 100% goalscoring record on Astro having played 3 (11 V 11) games on it and scored 3 :D. Would probably prefer to play a little deeper as I am like rediclously slow but wherever I am shoved I should do a job.
    Also you need 2 hours by the time everybody is ready and that it usually takes everything about 15 mins to be sorted so 2 hours is necessary. Sportslink is a top quality place as well the Astro is immense and you could nearly play 13 V 13 on it its so big and the grass pitches are usually kept in tip top condition so they are perfect too. They also have dressing rooms that you can use which is always ideal for us with beer belly's that don't like getting undressed outdoors :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

alri jay the astro pitch is that 11 a side also?I love playing on 11 a side astro pitches havent played on grass in so long. How many bodies have you got so far?
    120 yoyo's for 2 hours seems quite handy haha. ya have a time in mind for when this will happen? 3 - 4 pm? or maybe earlier to catch the afternoon matches :)

Its a full size 11 a side pitch. I would suggest ya PM Kayroo for confirmation of time as SPortslink is still only an option if the majority want to play the game there.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Grass or Astro its all the same to me. Have a They also have dressing rooms that you can use which is always ideal for us with beer belly's that don't like getting undressed outdoors :D

haha bunch of séxboats are gonna be playing this game i think :D haha shud be fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Is the pitch booked?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

which pitch is being booking now?

whats latest with this lads?

Grass pitch available Jay?

semibluff wrote: »
    whats latest with this lads?

Grass pitch available Jay?

I was just on to Sportslink there. Got put through to an answering machine so as soon as he gets back to me I'll post up times for the game here.

What is a CERTAINTY:

There will be a game on Sunday April 19th, more than likely in Sportslink in Santry.

map.gif

Whether we get the grass pitch or no they have enough facilities that we should be ok out there one way or the other.

I have also contacted Leicester Celtic to check the preliminary availability of their pitch for the same time and it is available and they do not expect a booking as it is free at that time most Sundays.

We will be playing at 3 o'clock unless anyone has any objections.

The current team list is:

Breifne
    Kayroo
    Semibluff (maybe- GAA matches allowing)
    Hectorjelly
    Aodea
    Shoutman
    Trippie
    Carfax
    Reganio
    Jayminator
    Roundtower
    Tonc76
    Jackyback

1 o clock would be better, allowing us to watch the mid day soccer there over pints/food

Good stuff Keith, thanks

semibluff wrote: »
    1 o clock would be better, allowing us to watch the mid day soccer there over pints/food

Good stuff Keith, thanks

Good thinking, when he gets back to me I'll look into it.

Even if their bar facilities are unavailable there is a cracking pub about 30 seconds away that does a lovely lunch and always shows the football. Always eat there after Dublin games. Great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

I was just on to Sportslink there. Got put through to an answering machine so as soon as he gets back to me I'll post up times for the game here.

What is a CERTAINTY:

There will be a game on Sunday April 19th, more than likely in Sportslink in Santry.

map.gif

Whether we get the grass pitch or no they have enough facilities that we should be ok out there one way or the other.

I have also contacted Leicester Celtic to check the preliminary availability of their pitch for the same time and it is available and they do not expect a booking as it is free at that time most Sundays.

We will be playing at 3 o'clock unless anyone has any objections.

Breifne
    Kayroo
    Hectorjelly
    Aodea
    Shoutman
    Trippie
    Carfax
    Reganio
    Jayminator
    Roundtower
    Tonc76
    Jackyback

I'm pretty sure Cardshark will want to play this..........

I'm 50/50 at the moment and will let you know

Breifne
    Kayroo
    Hectorjelly
    Aodea
    Shoutman
    Trippie
    Carfax
    Reganio
    Jayminator
    Roundtower
    Tonc76
    Jackyback

wheres my name haha or have ya got too many names now?

Sorry mate, you're in

i am thank god haha. dying for a 11 a side game :D you have my number dont ya?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

I'll play too if you need people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Just to let you know I am off till Saturday. I will try get on but odds are I won't. But will still be playing so don't worry :D

woo only a few days now.time to get the pre match hype up :D shame i dont know the skill lever line up of either team haha any1 care to do some for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Just to let you know I am off till Saturday. I will try get on but odds are I won't. But will still be playing so don't worry :D
    woo only a few days now.time to get the pre match hype up :D shame i dont know the skill lever line up of either team haha any1 care to do some for me :D

What the hell are the two of you talking about?

i spazzed out the words haha i meant i dont know the skill level OR line up of either team to comment.

i spazzed out the words haha i meant i dont know the skill level OR line up of either team to comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Is a pitch booked?

Spoke to the Sportslink guy yesterday, said the Astro pitches are available but put me through to the woman who looks after the grass pitches and she hasn't got back to me yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,242 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'm charged with organizing the soccer team. Can you PM me when you have the pitch and time confirmed?

Just putting this out there though, if they can't do a grass pitch we should probably look at getting the astro used in the previous games...

I have a tournament on in Santry this Sunday (starts at 1pm)....If its an early start I can play but if not I will probably have to miss this.

Advertisement