Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Forum v Soccer Forum - Requiem

Options

Comments

ditpoker wrote: »
    prob a reasonable idea here...
    bushy park? grass pitch?
    i have nets, and i have the number for the chap in bushy... i'll call him in the morning, should be no problem getting one pitch somewhere up there at 1pm...

Cheers Jeff, that'd be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,242 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

Why the hatred of grass Lloyd?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

POKER! POKER! POKER! 2000

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Keith, it's Thursday night before the game and we have already sent messages to people telling them the game is on the other side of the city at a venue picked for the availability of a bar, changing rooms, etc.

Now, we are back to discussing a couple of other options that won't be able to be properly confirmed until tomorrow afternoon, possibly later. And we started these threads weeks ago

= facepalm.jpg

Ah, ok.

I completely agree it's a ****ty situation and I take responsibility for it. I should have pressed Sportslink harder for confirmations.

That said, you have to play the ball the way you find it and in this case we have to deal with the situation as it has happened. It hasn't been the smoothest organised of these games and I have no bother shouldering the blame for that but by this time tomorrow I hope to be 100% locked down for this because it's been a pain for me as much as anyone.

Well whats better the game falling through or the game being moved to make getting to and fro maybe slightly more bothersome? Fairly simple Lloyd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Ah, ok.

I completely agree it's a ****ty situation and I take responsibility for it. I should have pressed Sportslink harder for confirmations.

That said, you have to play the ball the way you find it and in this case we have to deal with the situation as it has happened. It hasn't been the smoothest organised of these games and I have no bother shouldering the blame for that but by this time tomorrow I hope to be 100% locked down for this because it's been a pain for me as much as anyone.

wouldnt worry about it mate :D as long as theres a match on its all gravy :)

• Advertisement

Why will the game fall through? Seems to me that the astro out in Sportslink just needs to be confirmed. The procrastination was over the grass pitches. Correct me if I'm wrong?

No your absolutely right but it seems as though sportslink are less than enamored with idea of making any effort to help ye.
    The game would fall through however if you keep trying with a crowd who couldnt be bothered and then you have nowhere because it's too late to get a pitch on sunday.

Why will the game fall through? Seems to me that the astro out in Sportslink just needs to be confirmed. The procrastination was over the grass pitches. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Lloyd I cannot even begin to tell you how brutal Sportslink have been to myself and Jay.

If I can confirm their pitch tomorrow then should I? They've really screwed us over the last 2 weeks.

Yes

Fair enough, and what do you suggest if, as has been the case for the last week, they doddle around and do nothing and leave me in the lurch?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Lloyd this is ridiculous. Its 3 days before the game, the venues are max 50mins apart. Its a simple case of sending a pm stating the change of Venue. There is no big deal at all you drama queen.

If it helps us get a better surface which makes the game more enjoyable and you were harping on about the game being enjoyable,then we should go for the more enjoyable surface.

Anyone who enjoys playing football will agree that grass > astro >>>> hockey, so lets not lose the run of ourselves. No one will mind the change of venue at all if its needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Whenever its done, someone lash a map up here with directions and possible bus routes or whatever from town/shankill if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

thanks for organising it guys, I cant wait.

• Advertisement

my thoughts exactly hector haha.
    Any confirmation so far as to what the dealio is?
    Kayroo any chance u could pass on your number to me via pm?

mrDerek wrote: »
    my thoughts exactly hector haha.
    Any confirmation so far as to what the dealio is?
    Kayroo any chance u could pass on your number to me via pm?

Sportslink will never receive another call from me again. They are a horribly run shower.

I spoke to the Leicester Celtic guy earlier and he says the pitch should be free, just needs to check with the diary. He hasn't called me back but I checked their online diary and the pitch is free so we should be a go. I tried ringing him again this evening but it went to voicemail. Obviously I'll be onto him first thing tomorrow and I'll keep ye posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

Sportslink will never receive another call from me again. They are a horribly run shower.

I spoke to the Leicester Celtic guy earlier and he says the pitch should be free, just needs to check with the diary. He hasn't called me back but I checked their online diary and the pitch is free so we should be a go. I tried ringing him again this evening but it went to voicemail. Obviously I'll be onto him first thing tomorrow and I'll keep ye posted.

I was up there today Keith for a swim and could nt get that Niall lad. Bad form imo from sprtslink and a pity due to the facilities. I ll try again in morning if ya want me to.

Give it a whirl Jay but I wouldn't hold my breath, I was speaking to the Leicester guy earlier and I am sure we'll get that pitch. I don't wanna give that shower in Santry any of my money at this point.

Quick idea of the starting XI

Breifne

---Roundtower
    Jayminator
    Jackyback (this is not certain AT ALL)--Shoutman

---Tonc76
    Aodea
    Semibluff
    Kweeveeen

Hectorjelly
    Trippie

I'll think some more on it tomorrow. Keeping CB strong is an issue and with Chopper on the bench to come on if needs be we are ok up front. I want Donal in CM with Anto as a platform. Apart from that the calls I've made are more or less final.

No bitching in the thread, if you want to ask me anything PM me or get me on MSN.

Leicester Celtic's pitch is BOOKED.

Meeting at 12:30 for a 1pm kick off.

Nobody is kicking a ball until I get €10 from everyone. Not collecting money after the game, collecting it all before the start of the match.

Leicester's website, with directions to the ground, is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Ugh bad chest and throat infection here, could play if you were short but you seem fine anyway. Might be ok tomorrow but don't want to leave it til the last minute. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

In work till 1 tomorrow so going to have to cry off.

Sorry lads.

ill take your position :) i played left back for 1 or 2 seasons anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

Can whoever owes Ricky from the first game, bring the tenor also. The lads shouldnt be outta pocket when organizing it.

also, numbers look a bit light, if anyone else fancies a game then come along. Its far from a serious game, and fitness shouldnt come into play too much. Its mainly just a bitta craic, so dont feel like others cant get involved too (this is the case with a few i chatted with)

Advertisement