Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardeaux on TV - March 7th St Colmcille's 11.30

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

The other team have 200 players now. I hear someone from Celebrity Big Brother will be there as well. To cut some tape or throw a champagne bottle at a boat or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

what? they have 15 players, on average one or two will no-show so there will be 13-14 there which is a perfect amount for an eleven-a-side game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    The other team have 200 players now. I hear someone from Celebrity Big Brother will be there as well. To cut some tape or throw a champagne bottle at a boat or something.

Why are you being such a negative smart arse about this?

Baffling tbh.

Look, there have already been two drop outs of the "others" squad

:rolleyes:

It's not as if it's some big important cup final or something.

It's a friendly game of football, with the express intention of allowing a TV Crew to get some footage of our team, for a slot on a TV Show about us.

How you can make this into a negative thing is beyond me.

In fact, it's beyond all reason.

It's a bit of fun, nothing more.

Current Confirmed

Squad
    1. Gav
    2. Michael
    3. Martin
    4. Jules
    5. Art
    6. Lepo
    7. Keith
    8. Ciaran
    9. Daryll
    10. Dan
    11. Peter
    12. Eddie
    13. Mick
    14. Simon
    15. Dave

Extras - Sign Up now closed for this team
    1. Trippie - poker forum
    2. The Chopper - poker forum
    3. Declan B
    4. Declan T
    5. Laura
    6. Doodee
    7. Italian dude
    8. The Big Lad
    9. Stekelly
    10. Stekelly's mate
    11. Lloyd (keeper)
    12. Wardie - from soccer forum
    13. Kiith
    14. Roundtower - poker forum

RoundTower wrote: »
    what? they have 15 players, on average one or two will no-show so there will be 13-14 there which is a perfect amount for an eleven-a-side game.
    Exactly.

Where the problem is here I have no idea.

I'm actually baffled by the snide remarks, smart comments and negativity.

Baffled.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'd back the point that someone should organise the 'Others' team.

Or at least everyone give an idea of their positions.

Here's what I know

1. Trippie -
    2. The Chopper -
    3. Declan B - Winger
    4. Declan T - Centre Back
    5. Laura - winger
    6. Doodee
    7. Italian dude
    8. The Big Lad - Midfield
    9. Stekelly - forward?
    10. Stekelly's mate
    11. Lloyd - keeper
    13. Kiith - forward/wing
    14. Roundtower -

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Des wrote: »
    It's the biggest televised cup final any of you suckers will play in*

Thats what I had to tell my girlfriend to get out of going to Mayo!

Straight from the horses er managers mouth I said!

* quote changed to suit my own needs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Well said Des - let's just assume Martin was having a bad day and leave it at that.

Am looking forward to this game big time - should be a great bit of craic and to be honest it's another good opportunity for me to get some game time under the belt to help complete the comeback.

Will there be a ref? Not saying it cos I think it's going to need a ref to keep the peace, more for it to look right on TV....and we might get Ed to recreat the 'ref that was a load of boll*x' moment from the end of the match this week just to show the passion so that viewers are in no doubt of the Boardeaux committment!

Sorted for 2 sets of kit? Standard kit socks and shorts would make it look better but appreciate that might be more hassle......though let's be honest, Gav wasn't far wrong with the hair gel and shiny boots comments - this is all about looking good on TV....those talent scouts ain't gonna come knockin if we don't look the part!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

1. Trippie -
    2. The Chopper -
    3. Declan B - Winger
    5. Laura - winger
    6. Doodee - Wing Back
    7. Italian dude - Defender
    9. Stekelly - forward?
    10. Stekelly's mate
    11. Lloyd - keeper
    13. Kiith - forward/wing
    14. Roundtower -

Lloyd

Doodee, Italian dude, Declan T [RB]

Declan B, The Big Lad, [MC], Laura,

Kiith, Stekelly,

So far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Doodee wrote: »

1. Trippie -
    2. The Chopper -
    3. Declan B - Winger
    5. Laura - winger
    6. Doodee - Wing Back
    9. Stekelly - forward?
    10. Stekelly's mate
    11. Lloyd - keeper
    13. Kiith - forward/wing
    14. Roundtower -

Lloyd

Kiith, Stekelly,

So far

I normally play up front or middle of the park.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

:D:D

There's quite a good few good players on the 'others' side, so it will be competitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Doodee wrote: »

1. Trippie -
    2. The Chopper -
    3. Declan B - Winger
    5. Laura - winger
    6. Doodee - Wing Back
    9. Stekelly - forward?
    10. Stekelly's mate
    11. Lloyd - keeper
    13. Kiith - forward/wing
    14. Roundtower -

Lloyd

Kiith, Stekelly,

So far

right back would be perfect for me, could also go left back/wing

Chopper plays up front, he's a big guy

Trippie's played all over the pitch for us, not sure where his best position is, probably on the wing?

Just think it's an embarrassing sham that we're even on tv to be honest. Indicative of everything that's wrong with this country. Also, you can't get 2 people to come out in between seasons to try out for us yet when the word TV is mentioned we have 15 players interested. I'm allowed be negative about anything I want tbh and I'm only turning up Saturday to enjoy the circus that will no doubt insue. Shots from the half way line and such rubbish no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just think it's an embarrassing sham that we're even on tv to be honest. Indicative of everything that's wrong with this country. Also, you can't get 2 people to come out in between seasons to try out for us yet when the word TV is mentioned we have 15 players interested. I'm allowed be negative about anything I want tbh and I'm only turning up Saturday to enjoy the circus that will no doubt insue. Shots from the half way line and such rubbish no doubt.

Did Des not tell you? I'm flying back again especially ;)

Hope you got your hair done for the occassion ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 alfle1974

Am interested in playing Saturday if you are still looking for players

Too many players already, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Jesus Martin, what's your problem? Seems to me that the lads volunteering to play against Boardeaux are doing the team a favour. Des wanted to make this a Boards thing, since correct me if I am wrong, the show is about Boards.ie rather than just about Boardeaux?

The negativity is unnecessary really, Des has put a big effort into rounding up Boards people to be involved and credit to him for that, I am sure he could have easily gotten his brothers team (if they are still together) or some other side to be the opposition.

Anyway, I don't know what you mean that you can't get two people to come out in between seasons, I remember nights when we had 25+ people playing in training and trial games. I'd say close on 60 people have probably played for Boardeaux at this stage, numbers for one off's were never a problem, getting people to stay committed for whatever reason (myself included I admit) has been the issue.

Draupnir wrote: »
    Jesus Martin, what's your problem? Seems to me that the lads volunteering to play against Boardeaux are doing the team a favour. Des wanted to make this a Boards thing, since correct me if I am wrong, the show is about Boards.ie rather than just about Boardeaux?
    Yep.
    The negativity is unnecessary really, Des has put a big effort into rounding up Boards people to be involved and credit to him for that, I am sure he could have easily gotten his brothers team (if they are still together) or some other side to be the opposition.
    Yep, I was trying to get as many Ex Players/Squad Members to come out as possible.

Give them a chance to "get something back" from the team the helped build I suppose.

When it was clear that we wouldn't have enough of them lads, I opened it up to other areas of Boards.

Why is this a problem?

I couldn't care less if a hundred people decided to arrive out to watch, in fact, I'd welcome it.

Lloyd

Doodee, Italian dude, Declan T, Roundtower

Declan B, The Big Lad, Wardie, Laura,

Kiith, Stekelly,

1. Trippie -
    2. The Chopper - Forward
    3. Stekelly's mate

So that's what it looks like so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Stekelly up front? I hope Des can get a centre half partnership to deal with the devastating pace!

• Advertisement

Stekelly up front? I hope Des can get a centre half partnership to deal with the devastating pace!

AND and Italian "dude" in defence.

We'll be hammered :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Hey, Hey, hey. Lets just back this train up a bit. What exactly are you implying here.:)

I had just noticed the forward bit above. I think I can fill the target man role quite well. Anyway, Sublime skill > pace anyday. Why go by someone when you can bend the ball around them?:)

If the service is good, they may well be doing a Stekelly montage on MOTD.;)

Dont worry Des, I'll go easy on your lads.

Whos this mystical Italian Dude btw?

Stekelly wrote: »

Whos this mystical Italian Dude btw?

His name is Lorenzo, that's all you need to know :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭anladmór

are we allowed to win? ;)

also is there anyone my age playing? i just turned 18 a while back,

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

anladmór wrote: »
    are we allowed to win? ;)

also is there anyone my age playing? i just turned 18 a while back,

the game will be played as a proper game and the best team will win. boardeaux have a few players missing but also 5/6 players who are playing grass games at 2.30 so will need to take it easy.

as regards turning 18, we have a young lad in the middle called martin whos just turned 17 and a lad up front called art who is 18.

by the way des, im available for selection, i wont play all the game but i hope to play and test my leg out.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

boardeaux have a few players missing but also 5/6 players who are playing grass games at 2.30 so will need to take it easy.

Getting the excuses in early Ed?:)

by the way des, im available for selection, i wont play all the game but i hope to play and test my leg out.

Need a keeper for the other team.

Lloyd pulled out.

Good to hear you should be able to play a part Ed, would have been a bummer to miss out on what is shaping up to be a good match (notice I used the word game before but now with Ste getting the trash-talking ball rolling it's time to regard it as a match ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Lloyd pulled out.

i am a boardeaux player last time i checked.

• Advertisement

Lloyd pulled out.

Gav had text me saying that Karl was interested in playing this so could go in goal for either team. Not sure if Gav had gotten in touch with you Des, so maybe let him know if you don't need Karl to come.

Advertisement