Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardeaux on TV - March 7th St Colmcille's 11.30

Options
  • 11-02-2009 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

So lads,

There is going to be a program featuring Boards.ie on RTE (Capital D is the name of it, anyone ever heard of it?) in the coming months, and they want to film the team playing a match :)

Now, they'd prefer to do it on a Saturday, so they have time afterwards to get a few lads into a pub and have a chat to them about the team. Also, it's better for them light-wise if it's an afternoon game.

I've just had lunch with the Director, and I said I'd firstly try to organise a 11-A-Side featuring the squad vs squad (with a few more bodies) for a Saturday in the next few weeks.

This weekend (14th) is too short notice, and I think he's not free the weekend afterwards (21st), so I think the best dates to aim for are

Sat 28th Feb
    Sat 7th March
    Sat 14th March

Can we also discuss potential venues?

Otherwise, he said he'd try to get out to a league match, but it's fairly awkward.

He definitely wants lads in the pub afterwards to chat about the team, so the more the merrier there I suppose.

So, please let me know if you are available to play on any, or all of those dates.

No fiffy-faffy "if it was at 2 on the first one, or four on the second one then no" please, I need to let this guy know asap.

Thanks lads

Des

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

wicked!!!!

just a few things to bare in mind. me, ciaran play on sats and im sure more do like dave etc. mark works sats also.How about a Sunday?

and i think u have the dates wrong des!!

Saturday the 7th and Saturday the 14th. United v liverpool is on the 14th so thats me out.

how about Saturday the 7th or Sunday the 8th??? that dates would suit me anyway.

Also, bare in Mind that we will have league matches now rescheduled and that

are we going to get a crowd out to watch this? i can round up a possy anyway!

venue - we play in wesley on sats on grass and the pitch is generally free.

and theres 3 pubs near wesley also. a sunday evening would be best i think...remember all the hassles we have had organising games on saturdays before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

and theres 3 pubs near wesley also. a sunday evening would be best i think...remember all the hassles we have had organising games on saturdays before.

Did I mention a Sunday?

Did the man mention a Sunday to me?

Sat 28th
    Sat 7th
    Sat 14th

In or out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Sat 28th Yes-My Birthday Can I have free pints??!
    Sat 7th Yes
    Sat 14th No, will be away.

Will we be playing on astro or grass?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Whos' picking up the bar tab???

• Advertisement

Sat 28th Yes-My Birthday Can I have free pints??!
    I will buy you one pint of your chosen tipple

Will we be playing on astro or grass?
    100% Astro, I'm not chancing a mudbath ruining my TV appearance, not for nobody.

Whos' picking up the bar tab???

You will buy your own drinks, unless as stated above, it takes place on the anniversary of your birth, in which case I shall purchase one pint of your favourite tipple for you.

Des wrote: »
    I will buy you one pint of your chosen tipple

You will buy your own drinks, unless as stated above, it takes place on the anniversary of your birth, in which case I shall purchase one pint of your favourite tipple for you.

Cheers! I was hoping to go on a taxpayer funded junket to the pub!

Any idea on when it will be on TV?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

In

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

If your need bodies I'll come out of exile, need to get in the shop windown with this recess buzz going on

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Great news lads, fair play.

Will try my best to get the TV show recorded and uploaded whenever its broadcast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭murtagh

Yeah... should be back playing again by then. Im in.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Great news lads, fair play.

Will try my best to get the TV show recorded and uploaded whenever its broadcast.

my jaysis, you bleedin lurker

:D

the 7th is the only day i am in. im away the other 2 saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Hah great stuff lads! I'm praying for just one shot of a fresh-air which includes the unfortunate's 'OH-CRAP-I'M-ON-DE-TELE-(HI MOM!!!11)' face.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Des, the 28th doesnt suit you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 wolfenstein

Sounds class. I can do sat 7th or 14th of march, feb doesn't really suit tho. A bit of TV exposure might bring the Traps attention to the untapped pool of talent that is the Astroleague too.

Des, the 28th doesnt suit you :)

looks like the 7th so :D

looks like the 7th so :D

Actually I don't think I can do the 7th, sure we'll leave it to the boss man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

I'm perenially free, so count me in. Remember to vogue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

great stuff, I think I free for all 3 saturdays....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Can we make sure we play this against a bunch of pure muck footballers that look like they should be good but aren't.....like an American Football team or something?

I'm usually free on Saturdays so should be able to play perform whenever.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Im in for whenever. Gonna have to book the fake tan, 70's wig and edgar davids sun glasses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

I could come out of exile also for this one if bodies are needed. (either of the dates)
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I've just joined a Saturday team (in your league Ed btw ;) ) but I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Oh yeah, ive prob just joined the same Sat team :P Ill still be there tho. Boardeaux comes first always

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

I'll be there if it doesn't clash with a match. What team did you join LR? Think our 2nds are in that division.

Chapelizod. Trained with them last night. They normally train Wednesdays so fairly handy. Some good players but seem to be lacking in fitness. They're 2nd from bottom :eek:

Is your team not called Glasnevin FC Dave? They're not in that league if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Sat 28th Feb - YES
    Sat 7th March - YES (preferred date because need to give work as much notice as possible when I need a Saturday off)
    Sat 14th March - NO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Cheers for the message Des, I am free every Saturday so if you guys need numbers I'd love to play, obviously if you have enough with the current squad I understand.

Advertisement