Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardeaux on TV - March 7th St Colmcille's 11.30

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd be able to play on any of those days, although the 28th or the 14th would suit me more (as i wouldnt have to book a day off work)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

i just can't do saturdays!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

a soccer am style crossbar challenge could be an idea for this one also!!

any update des?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Will full kit be available for this? If we're playing amongst ourselves the other "team" should have gear too cause otherwise we'll look a total joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

OK.

So far we have 14 lads, past and present, definitely interested, plus another two more maybes.

I only texted people who I kno have access to here, so I'll ask the rest of the squad tomorrow.

I'd be looking at having about 30 lads for this, possibly 26/27/28, which gives two teams plus subs.

I'll keep a proper Boardeaux Team to play against the rest of the squad plus extras.

Looks like the 7th March suits most, so we'll go with that then.

Ed, can you look at getting Wesley, otherwise we could go for that DCU Ground where we've played friendlies before.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

a soccer am style crossbar challenge could be an idea for this one also!!

Cracking idea Ed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Ah bollox, I can't make this:( Turns out Feb 28th is the only Sat I can get off.

Is it defo the 7th now Des?... maybe if I mention I'm being denied my big break on tv:D

ill get on to wesley so, should be ok. what time?i would suggest as early as possible as we have about 8 lads that will be playing that day at 2.30 so perhaps 11.00-12.00? what do the rest think? maybe that could help the likes of derek, dave, eddie and mark to play? also, something to take into account is that saturday is a big hockey day and most pitches do be used in the afternoon time. wesley generally has a game about 2.30 and a few other pitches like 3rock and colombus too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Will full kit be available for this? If we're playing amongst ourselves the other "team" should have gear too cause otherwise we'll look a total joke.

I can bring the eircom gear if we don't have a second set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

ill get on to wesley so, should be ok. what time?i would suggest as early as possible as we have about 8 lads that will be playing that day at 2.30 so perhaps 11.00-12.00? what do the rest think? maybe that could help the likes of derek, dave, eddie and mark to play? also, something to take into account is that saturday is a big hockey day and most pitches do be used in the afternoon time. wesley generally has a game about 2.30 and a few other pitches like 3rock and colombus too.

Yeh, if we could play early so those with Saturday games can make them that would be cool. 15 mins a half too yeh? :p

• Advertisement

Iago wrote: »
    I can bring the eircom gear if we don't have a second set.

That's cool Gary, thanks

OK, so I spoke with the Director again today.

The 7th March suits him fine, so we'll go with that.

We have about 17 Names so far, so I'm opening this out to a wider section of Boards, starting on the Soccer Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

Yeah having it earlier would more than likely mean I could play too, good call Ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Hey Gaffer, might be an idea to use this game as an opportunity to have a look at some new blood that might be interested in joining for next season?

Gav mentioned last night that a lad we used to play with Collie is interested in playing for us next season. He played against us last season and ran the show in the middle of the park for an otherwise weak team - think a few of the lads called him out as a quality player on here so might be a good addition, though fully appreciate you may feel we have the right squad as it is.

Anywho, seems no harm in encouraging players that are interested in joining to play this game in preference to just getting bodies to fill the numbers?

Here, any chance we can keep playing for as long as it takes for me to pull this off on camera...:P

Hey Gaffer, might be an idea to use this game as an opportunity to have a look at some new blood that might be interested in joining for next season?

Gav mentioned last night that a lad we used to play with Collie is interested in playing for us next season. He played against us last season and ran the show in the middle of the park for an otherwise weak team - think a few of the lads called him out as a quality player on here so might be a good addition, though fully appreciate you may feel we have the right squad as it is.
    Deffo get him down then, sounds like a decent player alright.
    Anywho, seems no harm in encouraging players that are interested in joining to play this game in preference to just getting bodies to fill the numbers?
    Yep, I agree.
    Here, any chance we can keep playing for as long as it takes for me to pull this off on camera...:P

:D

Someday Jules, some day.

Oh, and I have a ref sorted.

Des wrote: »
    Oh, and I have a ref sorted.

Des Senior?

have heard nothing from wesley, rang them and left a vm. ill try them again now.

wesley just rang me there -

we can have a pitch that day but he is checking times as he has been away for the past week.

he says latest available is 1.30 to 2.30 but he will try get earlier, he says that he needs to check if there are any school functions that morning first.

he did not give a price.
    he will ring me back later.

One thing to note Des is that he asked about Insurance. Generally, any matches that are organised there or any any pitch for that matter needs insurance. during the week, astro i assume has this covered. Is this something that you can ask astro Des to clear up with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Hey Des,

As discussed yesterday Hectorjelly and I can both play,

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

This going ahead on the 7th ye? I managed to do a swap in work so I'm available for it.

• Advertisement

whats the story? are we going ahead with this or not on saturday?? having this on a sat is turning into a bit hard to organise with insurance and actually getting a pitch. wesley have not come back to me.

i will ring them again later once i know what story is!

Get back on to them Ed.

Get a price, and see if they'll take a booking.

If not, we'll have to look into another venue.

It's a bit short notice now to be cancelling on the dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

What's the story with this Des? I have to be in town for something at 9am on Saturday, which shouldn't take more than a couple of hours. Would be good to know if I need to go straight to your game from there or not.

I think St Clares (the DCU pitch) covers all the insurance and things for you, we played there against Sav's team a year or two back with no insurance trouble.

Lads, this will be going ahead in St Colmcille's School in Knocklyon on Saturday 7th March.

We will be meeting at 11.30AM *SHARP*

Current Confirmed

Squad
    Gav
    Michael
    Martin
    Jules
    Art
    Lepo
    Keith
    Ciaran

Extras
    Trippie - poker forum
    The Chopper - poker forum
    Declan B
    Declan T
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Des wrote: »
    Lads, this will be going ahead in St Colmcille's School in Knocklyon on Saturday 7th March.

We will be meeting at 11.30AM *SHARP*

Current Confirmed

Gav
    Geoff
    Michael
    Martin
    Jules
    Art
    Lepo
    Keith
    Ciaran

1 Lad from the Poker forum

Ill play as well des if you still need the numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Looking a bit light on numbers? Should we put the word around to drag in any bodies or hold off for the moment?

Gav got onto Kenny last night who should get in touch with Collie Murphy to see if he can make it.

Laura - tell me he's a Brazilian footballer not some bird off the poker forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Aye after seeing me play many have likened my skill and flair to our South American brothers.

Looking a bit light on numbers? Should we put the word around to drag in any bodies or hold off for the moment?
    I've put begging letters on Poker, Soccer and Gah so far.
    Gav got onto Kenny last night who should get in touch with Collie Murphy to see if he can make it.
    If Kenny is around too?

Bloke off the Soccer forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

I won't know until I find out where and what time I'm playing for my club team at on Saturday, but looks unlikely I'll make it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

dfx- wrote: »
    In

Advertisement