Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardeaux on TV - March 7th St Colmcille's 11.30

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Our keeper was quality. He made a couple of world class saves.
    MotM from the 'others' team by a country mile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭anladmór

ye definetly. whens this on rte anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Frisbee wrote: »
    4-3 to Boardeaux for anyone who cares...

i think there was a token gesture at the end to not give the 5th goal as it was a straight forward goal :o. overall though, mr feeney snr had an excellent game and is to be commended and thanked for it.

anyway, overall good work out and some great goals. the game was competivive and enjoyable for what was just a kick about. karl was excellent in goals for the reds and kept the game respectable. we defended terrible (though we had 3 keepers and made constant changes just to mix things up in there but we all made some mistakes:o). i was 100% at fault for the first goal, was totally asleep. 2nd and 3rd goal were very well worked and exucted by the reds though and the italian lad up front, if he was fit, could be an excellent player. mis a sitter though from 5 yards out when dan fell on his arse, but overall, impressed by him and he was the key man in all 3 goals.

good to see some of the lads that had played for boardeaux before but have left and all 6 of them played their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Didn't know that was Des' dad reffing it - he did a grand job so tell him to stick his CV into Astro.ie ;)

Yeh was good to see some of the old-timers - might be an idea to try and get one friendly like this per season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

.... but overall, impressed by him and he was the key man in all 3 goals.

You should try play against him in 5-a-side.

Was a good game, Wish I could have played for more than 30mins but still relished the chance at playing at all. There were some good players for the 'Others'. I think with a bit more organization and knowledge of the individuals we might have had an even more competitive game.
    Lorenzo has said that if you have any more friendlies in mind to give him a shout.

Thanks, and
    Fair play Boardeaux, wish yee all the best in the League.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭anladmór

the italian guy was sound.

i think we lost it in the middle, i couldnt get close to either of boards two midfielders. the other cm was kinda left to do it on his own.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

*waves*...

Really enjoyed watching the game last week, more then I expected in fact. I thought you'd all be sh*te to be honest :) but some of the goals wouldn't have been out of place on the Sky Sports highlights imho! Crackin' free kick and a lovely 1-2-3 by the reds for their second goal.

Was a very strange feeling watching people play football with our auld logo on them and people shouting " 'mon Boards! ". Fair dues to Des and all of ye!

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    *waves*...

Was a very strange feeling watching people play football with our auld logo on them and people shouting " 'mon Boards! ". Fair dues to Des and all of ye!

DeV.

**coughs** asks for sponsorship ** coughs** :D:D

when is this on tv? suppose we better not tell them about the awards ceremony, they would come to it! though astro.ie would love that and would give us free booze all nite :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We've arranged sponsorship for the logos etc with Des (which reminds me, I still have to organise that... sorry!). I felt bad not getting out to see you before but it was me that put the TV crew onto Des to film you guys (along with a couple of other Boards activities) so I wasnt showing up to stick my face on the telly! (they'll be interviewing me later apparently :p). I should have gotten out before though.

Honestly it was quite weird/fun to see something like this team that has taken on a life of its own from our bonkers little idea of a site. Des gave me a shirt and I'll treasure it, genuinely. Well done on your second place in the league btw.

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    We've arranged sponsorship for the logos etc with Des (which reminds me, I still have to organise that... sorry!). I felt bad not getting out to see you before but it was me that put the TV crew onto Des to film you guys (along with a couple of other Boards activities) so I wasnt showing up to stick my face on the telly! (they'll be interviewing me later apparently :p). I should have gotten out before though.

Honestly it was quite weird/fun to see something like this team that has taken on a life of its own from our bonkers little idea of a site. Des gave me a shirt and I'll treasure it, genuinely. Well done on your second place in the league btw.

DeV.

thanks Dev, its good to hear that your so proud of the team. was only joking about the sponsorship by the way :)

any idea when the show will be aired?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I've just read that Capital D is on tonight at 7pm, so the next few weeks in this series of it maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

dfx- wrote: »
    I've just read that Capital D is on tonight at 7pm, so the next few weeks in this series of it maybe?

Its been on the last two weeks as well afaik

They have some more filming to do apparently and then it will be quite quick to air. I'd say a month....

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

This is airing tomorrow at 7PM RTE1

Message received Des

dfx- wrote: »
    Message received Des

Well then you should be receiving the match texts too, because I sent that message to the Boards group.
    :confused:

:confused:

Hopefully now it's sorted whatever it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Forgot to set my Media Center to record this and don't think I'll be home in time (and just installed Windows 7 and haven't setup the app to let me schedule recordings from my mobile yet) - can someone record this?

Hope they don't show any of the cringeworthy fake free kicks we did at the end but instead opt to go for an Crimewatch style recreation of my free kick.....with Juninho standing in for me in the reconstruction of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I am sure we'll be up on the new RTE iplayer Jules so you might be able to record if off that....only if that's not illegal and all that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

I'm sure someone on boards will put it on youtube or something.

Here's hoping.

Yours in transience,

Lepo

• Advertisement

Woot!!! I saw my shoe briefly!!!

Asking Des to keep me on the sideline was a masterstroke :P

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Is that it all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I just turned it on there. Is it over already???

Yeah...the team featured for about 1 minute, all in. Appearences made by Des, mickey, Jules, Ciaran, Keith, myself and some of the opposition from the day.

EDIT: and half of lepo's body and Simon and his white hoody

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

What genius said the whole thing was about boards?

5 mins? shocking. Thats the last time I'm lettign the media **** me over.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

They got a good shot of me in my white hoody, Hiddinks already been onto me to sign for Chelsea (as a ballboy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭coghlac3

Hey Lads, I'm on boards most nights and particularly Soccer and Mobiles. Just want to say well done and keep up the good work.

The team came accross very well!

couple of bitters on the main forum. shower of c*nts, even a lad havingt a pop at dev ffs. idiots, brave men when behind keyboards ;). ireland is full of begrudgers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement