Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Nocturnal official Halloween Season Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

it (kind of) has

see? (does that count) :p

lol,woops,was skimming the thread in work and missed that :embarrassed:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Nerin wrote: »
    lol,woops,was skimming the thread in work and missed that :embarrassed:

You missed my post? :( I feel so un-appreciated around here. *sniff*

:p;)
    Lost boys is a great film. 70% of the simpsons halloween specials are great. Hocus pocus too! Love it,SJP looked foxy :p

I agree with the 'Simpsons' Halloween specials, always good! Though I remember waiting for some good spooky shows one Halloween night when I was a kid, but RTE, in their infinite wisdom, had to decided to show three hours of horse-racing instead...that sucked.

Acacia wrote: »
    You missed my post? :( I feel so un-appreciated around here. *sniff*

:p;)

I agree with the 'Simpsons' Halloween specials, always good! Though I remember waiting for some good spooky shows one Halloween night when I was a kid, but RTE, in their infinite wisdom, had to decided to show three hours of horse-racing instead...that sucked.

sincere apologies and hugs :( yeah,rte are odd. When i was younger it seemed every second year they'd have a good night. Then it just died. Then tv3 had week long halloween stuff,now feck all :(

sincere apologies and hugs :( yeah,rte are odd. When i was younger it seemed every second year they'd have a good night. Then it just died. Then tv3 had week long halloween stuff,now feck all :(

*accepts hug*:)

Yeah, tv is fairly crap for Halloween stuff, especially the Irish channels with their constant re-runs of 'Casper, the Friendly Ghost' or 'The Blair Witch Project'. I shall be stocking up on dvds myself. :) The Horrorthon in the IFI looks good too.

*accepts hug*:)

Yeah, tv is fairly crap for Halloween stuff, especially the Irish channels with their constant re-runs of 'Casper, the Friendly Ghost' or 'The Blair Witch Project'. I shall be stocking up on dvds myself. :) The Horrorthon in the IFI looks good too.

since i celebrate most of october with halloween goodness,i will be browsing through many shops looking for cheap movies :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

No discussion of the unmentionables

:rolleyes: sorry it took so long-i'm modding via mobile :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

it's something we cant talk about!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

<snip> Damnit

<snip>

• Advertisement

<snip>

Woah. No discussion of mcd damnit! :mad:

<snip>

MOD WARNING- Leave it now. Please kthnxbai

back on topic: have i missed something or has no one mentioned halloween yet.....mike myers anyone? (not austin powers, the serial killer)

Thanks graham btw. Back on track-silver bullet by stephen king is a good old fashioned one.

I dunno,i was never a slasher fan,myers was ok though. First one was good :)

back on topic: have i missed something or has no one mentioned halloween yet.....mike myers anyone? (not austin powers, the serial killer)
    I've only seen the remake by Rob Zombie, and I really like it. Is the original one better though?

Thanks graham btw..

no worries
    I dunno,i was never a slasher fan,myers was ok though. First one was good :)

yeah i likeed the first one and h20, but they did go a bit ott with them! Bram Stoker's Dracula is a great one! i did drama years ago and did a section of it as the exam at the end.....kicked ass! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Brack... always a hallowe'en thing, and monkeynuts!!
    And a coconut, broken with a hammer, aye they were the days!
    And trick or treating... fun times!

Nightmare before Christmas is good :)
    HocusPocus another one, sorry but sjp is still a bit of a horse
    was never into the Hallowe'en/Friday 13th/ nightmare on elm street etc
    Not hallowe'eny but The Frighteners was a good one
    Hallowe'en Town
    Casper
    Goosebumps used to be on a lot too...

I've got my costume ordered already :D

• Advertisement

I've only seen the remake by Rob Zombie, and I really like it. Is the original one better though?

watch the original, i havent seen the rob zombie version but im willing to bet the original was better, they normally are!

Oooh what ya dressin up as ;) <droolworthy?> halloween town?! Thats a blast from the past! :D frighteners is great,have the special edition three disc-awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

From the 1st of October to the end of Halloween, this thread can be used for your pix, links and suggestions all relating to halloween.

heres my little contribution to start things off:

History Channel Documentary

Nice little documentary on google video. III-ERRRR-LAAND gets a good few mentions.

Nice Spooky Pic

some cool pumpkins

link1 link 2 and especially for doom and galva

My Movie suggestions-

90s Dracula and Frankenstein. (francis ford coppola version and kenneth branagh versions) i likes em, and they arent that spooky :p

I don't know why but Oldman's Dracula always freaked me out from a young age. I think it's because of all the razor licking, dodgy hair-do's and simply menacing appearance.:pac:

You gotta love Keanu Reeves, his accent gets progressively worse as the film goes on.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Inglorious

Yes, by absolute miles. The original Halloween is oft regarded as the best horror film ever made. Not sure if I'd agree with that but it's certainly up there.

Good call whoever said Near Dark.
    An American Werewolf in London is another great Halloween film. I'm not sure why, but I'm also very fond of From Dusk Till Dawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Oooh what ya dressin up as ;) <droolworthy?>
    I like to think it might be! :D

oooh and ah crap...I've forgotten..... oh yeah... Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the movie, used to rent that video that was cool back then.
    I recall my friend renting all sorts like Cujo & other such scary stuff.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I watch the evil dead 2 every halloween, my tradition!

SDooM wrote: »
    I watch the evil dead 2 every halloween, my tradition!

Classic, comical and horrifying!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

<snip> quit making more work for us! A pm would have been better than on thread jabs!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

MizzLolly wrote: »
    You might wana edit your own post so!

And you might want to edit yours now. :D

• Advertisement

Smart ass Lolly:p

So does anyone have a tradition, like Doom mentioned, that they abide to every Halloween? Mine is to watch as many horror films as possible, either classic or cult, and I'm kicking it all off with Stephen King's IT tonight.:D

Advertisement