Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Nocturnal official Halloween Season Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

There's 17 of us from work going to the Dracula Museum on Friday.

It's not as great as the Dublin Wax Museum... but it's still pretty fun.

My advice is if you're going to see it then see it soon as the whole building might be getting pulled down soon.

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/bar-code-may-have-to-be-torn-down-1481305.html

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

No man, you're not. Because this film ****s on everything else that attempted that style, there is no comparison.

Really? Looked it up on imdb, not much info there. Is it a zombie* film?

*well y'know infested virus type people who eat people.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

There's 17 of us from work going to the Dracula Museum on Friday.

It's not as great as the Dublin Wax Museum... but it's still pretty fun.

My advice is if you're going to see it then see it soon as the whole building might be getting pulled down soon.

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/bar-code-may-have-to-be-torn-down-1481305.html

hmm... Alot of people who are associated with the Stoker association wont have anything to do with the museum anyway, something about how some of the display were appropriated.

SDooM wrote: »
    hmm... Alot of people who are associated with the Stoker association wont have anything to do with the museum anyway, something about how some of the display were appropriated.

Ha... they just bought up a bunch of random spook house animatronic props so you have stuff like Dracula in an electric chair.

Ha... they just bought up a bunch of random spook house animatronic props so you have stuff like Dracula in an electric chair.

Im not sure if their still there but there was some stuff of Stokers the ownership of which was debated. My uncle moves in those circles. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I didn't know there was a wax museum in Dublin?? :eek:

They have a lock of Stokers hair. I think that's genuine.

MizzLolly wrote: »

You've never been? Many a happy childhood day I spent there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Galvasean wrote: »
    Really? Looked it up on imdb, not much info there. Is it a zombie* film?

*well y'know infested virus type people who eat people.

Yes, it's a zombie film. Seriously one of the scariest films I've seen in years, and I watch quite a lot of horror, so I don't say that lightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

its gone now

they got rid of it like 2 years ago afaik

• Advertisement

It closed down about 3 years ago unfortunately.

It was my number one spot for bring girls on dates.... Where am I supposed to bring them now? I don't know what else girls are interested in... trumpets and bookmarks I guess...

Anyway... the museum was due to reopen in Smithfield this year... but that's off the cards now it seems... Last I heard was that it may reappear in College Green.

It won't be the same without the furry tunnels though.

Yes, it's a zombie film. Seriously one of the scariest films I've seen in years, and I watch quite a lot of horror, so I don't say that lightly.

I best look it up before the American remake hits.

Galvasean wrote: »
    I best look it up before the American remake hits.

Do. You ain't got much time, the remake is out in the states shortly.

karl is that film scary in the" im too scared to open my eyes when i hear a noise in the dark and somethings going to get me" way?

It's extremely tense and frightening, so yeah, I guess you could say that. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

SDooM wrote: »
    You've never been? Many a happy childhood day I spent there!

Nope, didn't even know it existed!!
    its gone now

they got rid of it like 2 years ago afaik

Awh :( I miss all the cool stuff :(
    It closed down about 3 years ago unfortunately.

It was my number one spot for bring girls on dates.... Where am I supposed to bring them now? I don't know what else girls are interested in... trumpets and bookmarks I guess...

Anyway... the museum was due to reopen in Smithfield this year... but that's off the cards now it seems... Last I heard was that it may reappear in College Green.

It won't be the same without the furry tunnels though.
    Awh again :(

Trumpets and bookmarks? heh.. how's that working for ya? :D

Seriously though, it sucks, I wish I could've seen it!! :(

While we're on the subject, I really cannot wait to see this:

Awh :( I miss all the cool stuff :(
    ah dot worry it was cool but theres cooler stuff out there
    It's extremely tense and frightening, so yeah, I guess you could say that. ;)
    oh so that a yeah then
    ok i wont wathc it on a school night because i wont be sleeping afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Unfortunatly its in french though.

LD 50 wrote: »
    Unfortunatly its in french though.

It's in Swedish. And there'll be subtitles.

• Advertisement

ah dot worry it was cool but theres cooler stuff out there

Not for me there isn't... I'd go about 4 or 5 times a year when it was open.

I'm addicted to wax museums... I seek them out where ever I go.

For old times sake... here's a photo I took of Freddy from the Dublin Wax Museum's Chamber of Horrors:

373950731_064b490f9c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Not for me there isn't... I'd go about 4 or 5 times a year when it was open.

I'm addicted to wax museums... I seek them out where ever I go.

For old times sake... here's a photo I took of Freddy from the Dublin Wax Museum's Chamber of Horrors:

373950731_064b490f9c.jpg

That looked cool. Why must they close all the cool things in Dublin? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Woah, that looks ****ed up, in the good sense!

I watched Stephen King's IT last night, I forgot how much of a sick bastard Pennywise is. "Kiss me Fatboy!!":(:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

My mother used to go all out for Halloween...and try and scare the sh*te out of the trick or treaters, but there's barely any kids around now so for the last couple of years we've all just ended up getting drunk and eating their sweets around a fire out in the garden, awesome or what!?

Tempted to book the night off work and do something maaaaaaaaaaaad.

Havent had a tick or treater in two years (pity cause they taste great in soup) :(

Kids are too busy burnin' stuff and shuving bangers up cats' ****s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

There's just no kids left in the estate where I live really, and the last batch of kids produced the likes of me...no point trying to beat perfection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Rozabeez wrote: »
    There's just no kids left in the estate where I live really, and the last batch of kids produced the likes of me...no point trying to beat perfection.

Oi, where's the modesty?:p:D

I was among the second last generation of kids of my estate. The last generation were little fucka's, thank god they are too old now for any trick or treating(they were crap at organising the bonfire too).:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

don't mean to sound like a loser but if you want to get a bit scared, I was playing uncharted last night and got far enough in it. theres a part where you have to shoot monsters in the dark in it. all u have is a light on the front of your shot gun. U can hear noises coming from everywhere. I think that is the only time ever that I have been scared haha. i don't get scared. Horror films are always bollox. or cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭ewj1978

TheLoc wrote: »
    don't mean to sound like a loser but if you want to get a bit scared, I was playing uncharted last night and got far enough in it. theres a part where you have to shoot monsters in the dark in it. all u have is a light on the front of your shot gun. U can hear noises coming from everywhere. I think that is the only time ever that I have been scared haha. i don't get scared. Horror films are always bollox. or cheap

when resident evil first came out I'd sit at home with the lights off and the headphones on.... nearly wet myself one night when the cat jumped on my lap.....:o

• Advertisement

The only time Ive been freaked out by a game was that bit in Resident Evil 4 an otherwise unscary game) with those Regenerator guys wandering around in the dark. Damn freaks! :mad:

Advertisement