Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Nocturnal official Halloween Season Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

ewj1978 wrote: »
    when resident evil first came out I'd sit at home with the lights off and the headphones on.... nearly wet myself one night when the cat jumped on my lap.....:o

cs_funny.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    cs_funny.gif

First half of that film is very creepy until
    Pennywise turns into a big spider and they kill him with a slingshot.. wtf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Yea it makes it a bit scarier if you ask me. Because your pure into the game and its surroundings. jumpy stuff alright.

Galvasean wrote: »
    First half of that film is very creepy until
    Pennywise turns into a big spider and they kill him with a slingshot.. wtf
    When he gets little Georgie that totally freaks me out. A clown hanging in the sewers, the first time I saw it I was like "wtf is this!". Plus the start where he says "Hi!" and is smiling playfully to the little girl and then quickly becomes sinister, that is totally unsettling.
    They don't make 'em like that anymore.

SciFi are apparently doing a remake.

ore.

SciFi are apparently doing a remake.

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want creepy check out The Woodsman. Not Haloweeny but very very Kevin Bacon creepy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Only time I've genuinely jumped playing a video game was Resident Evil 2 when you fall through the floor in the library, frightened the crap outa me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Friend of mine has a surround sound system. So he's playin Resi Evil and I'm watching, lights off etc.

Imagine the sound of something murderous right behind you at night... :p

Never been the same since.

Also, if you've ever watched 28 Days Later, imagine walking home afterwards, when there's a huge fúcker walking behind you, breathing really loudly. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Signs-hear me out. For only a few scenes. 1-on the roof.(when you see it through the window) 2-in the field at night. 3-my favourite scene,the video tape from brazil. The rest of it is meh

Nerin wrote: »
    . 3-my favourite scene,the video tape from brazil.

Yeah, that was a real "BAH!:eek:" moment. The film had some good aspects but spoiled by very awkward coincidences and a very illogical ending:
    Aliens who die when the come into contact with water invade a planet made 80% of water???????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

anyone here a fan of nightmare before christmas here?
    I rea;ise that conventionally it goes under the heading of a christmas movie but it still gives that all round dark hallowe'en atmosphere :)

• Advertisement

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    anyone here a fan of nightmare before christmas here?
    I rea;ise that conventionally it goes under the heading of a christmas movie but it still gives that all round dark hallowe'en atmosphere :)
    yup i love it! :D

@galva- yup the
    water ending, wtf, idiots
    :p

Nerin, you wont like the Happening either:
    Oh no the trees compel me to commit suicide, oi!!!!!

Galvasean wrote: »
    Nerin, you wont like the Happening either:
    Oh no the trees compel me to commit suicide, oi!!!!!
    didnt think i would, the ads looked disturbing though, but then, they would put the best bits in
    :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Just to compound what I was saying earlier:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

It's in Swedish. And there'll be subtitles.
    Ah. Apologies to any french or swedes I may have offended. And as there were no subtitles in the youtube clip, I presumed there would be non in the film itself.

See the youtube vid I posted above so. ;)

Looking back over the simpsons halloween specials-the best imo: 1,2,4,5,7,12,15(first 2 segments)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

New Halloween special coming in November... it's got a spoof on the Transformers movie in it.

New Halloween special coming in November... it's got a spoof on the Transformers movie in it.

... Thats not very halloweeny :(

Why is the Simpsons Halloween speacial reminding me more and more of the [Genre] Movies. They used to be amazing, god damnit. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Why is the Simpsons Halloween speacial reminding me more and more of the [Genre] Movies. They used to be amazing, god damnit. :(

So did every episode. Can't really find the point where they lost their way.

So did every episode. Can't really find the point where they lost their way.

I think TV(or what is acceptable on TV now) has progressed to the point where The Simpsons has it's hand tied. They don't have the leverage to be "out there" or to be "bold". One of the reasons why South Park has stayed fresh is because everything is fair game, and how they present their show is fair game.

I think TV(or what is acceptable on TV now) has progressed to the point where The Simpsons has it's hand tied. They don't have the leverage to be "out there" or to be "bold". One of the reasons why South Park has stayed fresh is because everything is fair game, and how they present their show is fair game.

they've only done 2 halloween specials,i've only seen cartmans hitler halloween,but it was good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Nerin wrote: »
    they've only done 2 halloween specials,i've only seen cartmans hitler halloween,but it was good :)

Wasn't there the one where he dressed up as a "ghost"? ....and the one with Steve Irwin in it was on recently too.

As for the Simpsons, I think a big part of the problem was when they stopped has some degree of realism in the episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

:(:(:(:(:(:pac::pac::(:(:(:(:(

ga9akz7d0ifhoigoq8pncj7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Wasn't there the one where he dressed up as a "ghost"? ....and the one with Steve Irwin in it was on recently too.

As for the Simpsons, I think a big part of the problem was when they stopped has some degree of realism in the episodes.

Yeah, the plots make absolutely no sense now. It's like they're trying to get it canceled or something.

Does anybody here make their own Halloween sweets to give out? I usually only make toffee apples and rice krispy buns, trying to be more adventurous this year. :)

Given the nature of children in my locale if I made the treats they'd end up laced with cyanide.

Having a little shít of a kid ask for more is something that cools any good will in your heart. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Given the nature of children in my locale if I made the treats they'd end up laced with cyanide.

Having a little shít of a kid ask for more is something that cools any good will in your heart. :P

Bah! Humbug!....wait, wrong holiday ;)

I like answering the door to trick-or-treaters. It brings back fond childhood memories. Truth be told, if I could get away with it, I'd go trick-or-treating myself. Free sweets ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Acacia wrote: »
    I like answering the door to trick-or-treaters. It brings back fond childhood memories. Truth be told, if I could get away with it, I'd go trick-or-treating myself. Free sweets ftw!

i hate answerin the door to those lil brats, i was happy when all the kids around my estate grew up and stopped, but now more people moved in with kids....urgh!

• Advertisement

Acacia wrote: »
    Bah! Humbug!....wait, wrong holiday ;)

Aw I'd love to be able to go again.

And it's not my fault the kids around here are so annoying. :(

Advertisement