Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Nocturnal official Halloween Season Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Jaysus, you're a very cynical lot! :pac: I'm disappointed now that there are hardly trick-or-treaters left where I live.

Aw I'd love to be able to go again.

And it's not my fault the kids around here are so annoying. :(

Aw :p

Well, the last time I went with my friends we were about 16...some guy slammed the door in our face and said 'Youse must be jokin'!...". I haven't tried since.

I guess some kids can be annoying- just fob those ones off with apples and give the nice ones sweets!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Apples are nice.

Might give them some shít fruit. Like grapefruit.

Apples are nice.

Might give them some shít fruit. Like grapefruit.

yeah, a big lump of grapefruit in the bag, ruining all their sweets...or some really horrible fruits like an ugly fruit...hmm, we're a bit evil!:p

Acacia wrote: »
    yeah, a big lump of grapefruit in the bag, ruining all their sweets...or some really horrible fruits like an ugly fruit...hmm, we're a bit evil!:p

Evil? Moi? Au contraire, I'm the very soul of kindness. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I guess some kids can be annoying- just fob those ones off with apples and give the nice ones sweets!:D

Remember, the candy of today is tomorrow's cavities! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

Just to compound what I was saying earlier:

I was too lazy to read back on previous posts and I forgot to watch the end of it before I began typing
    whats the name of this movie?
    it looks interesting

Evil? Moi? Au contraire, I'm the very soul of kindness. :p

Hold on, didn't you say you would lace the sweets with cyanide?!;)
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Remember, the candy of today is tomorrow's cavities! :cool:

Yeah, but if you give a six-year-old a bag full of free sweets, nothing will hold them back! Ah, memories...

toddlertantrums-741264.JPG

Hold on, didn't you say you would lace the sweets with cyanide?!;)

Yeah, but if you give a six-year-old a bag full of free sweets, nothing will hold them back! Ah, memories...

toddlertantrums-741264.JPG

Only certain kinds of children. :pac:

Only certain kinds of children. :pac:

:eek: "Won't somebody please think of the children!"

Classic:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0thH3qnHTbI :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

ah leave them alone
    kids dont need looking after when there young and it comes to sweet
    they get there second set eventually dont they
    no harm no foul
    and as for filling them with gunk
    kids have good metabolisms.... wish i had a good metabolism :(

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    ah leave them alone
    kids dont need looking after when there young and it comes to sweet
    they get there second set eventually dont they
    no harm no foul
    and as for filling them with gunk
    kids have good metabolisms.... wish i had a good metabolism :(

Agreed. :)

Good metabolism or not, I'm planning to eat lots of m and m's, toffee apples, lollipops and the like- yum! I love Halloween!

Agreed. :)

Good metabolism or not, I'm planning to eat lots of m and m's, toffee apples, lollipops and the like- yum! I love Halloween!
    m&m's good choice
    lollipops and the likes- I with ya
    toffe apples?..... apples? what the hell?! take out the middle man and just inject the hot toffe to your veins.... that the way to do things round here :P

m&m's good choice
    lollipops and the likes- I with ya
    toffe apples?..... apples? what the hell?! take out the middle man and just inject the hot toffe to your veins.... that the way to do things round here :P

Hmm, that forms a bizarre mental image...;)

A toffee apple is an apple covered in chocolate. They call them candy apples in U.S. You can put ice cream sprinkles and stuff on them. Actually, I don't know why I refer to them as toffee apples...no toffee on them!

But you're right about cutting out the middle man, I always used to eat the the chocolate then leave the apple!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I recall getting apples/mandarins or one time, 10p pieces?? who gives that? (lol tell ya how long ago I went trick or treating!!) Apparently there was one lady who used to give toothbrushes... ?
    They have christmas tubes of just blue smarties..... would have been better before they made em less crazy, could you imagine children on them?

I remember having that apple on a string thingy for Hallowe'en, sparklers... so pretty

star-pants wrote: »
    I recall getting apples/mandarins or one time, 10p pieces?? who gives that? (lol tell ya how long ago I went trick or treating!!) Apparently there was one lady who used to give toothbrushes... ?
    They have christmas tubes of just blue smarties..... would have been better before they made em less crazy, could you imagine children on them?

I remember having that apple on a string thingy for Hallowe'en, sparklers... so pretty

10P!!!
    where was that feller goin? :P
    I remember i went to this one house, and it ended up bein filled with a bunch of teens
    they invited us in and to our suprise they had decorated the entire house and it was surprisingly scary
    at the end we came to a large pot of the largest varieties of sweets i had ever seen....
    the teens then began pelting us with apples and the sorts before we had a chance to grab the goods and we had to leave empty handed
    i was traumatised...... it sucked :P

star-pants wrote: »

Lol, she probably forgot it was Halloween and just grabbed the first thing that came to mind ''oh, crap, I'll have to give them toothbrushes!":D

The apple on a string- isn't that a game? Snap Apple? Used to love playing those games.

:eek: "Won't somebody please think of the children!"

Classic:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0thH3qnHTbI :pac::pac:

Oh dear, oh dear.

Epic. :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

What about this for a combination of events:

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

There's a hallowe'en show in my horseriding club and I need a costume. oh what to wear?

• Advertisement

Celtic jersey trackies and fake gold necklace.

what he said
    it'll be a good laugh :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

what he said
    it'll be a good laugh :P

Too much money fo me. I was thinking of going as Scarecrow from Batman Begins. Anyone know where to get burlap sacking?

Hardware store possibly

Maybe, but I haven't seen it and niether has my dad and he practicaly lives in B&Q.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

I love halloween. Today i found some polystrene i had lying around from moving in. I cut them into tomb stones and carved RIP in them. I also carved "here lies dracula" "Casper" "Barney - RIP" and "all things pink" (i hate pink). Then i painted them grey and poured red paint into the carving and let it drip down. They are now proudly sitting in my front garden, scaring little kiddies mmmuuuaaahhh ha ha hhhaaaawww. My own grave yard lol.

This pleases me :) i love some of the american houses. Some are a bit silly though. Theres a thread in after hours about the joker costumes,they're talking about scarecrow burlap too.

Nerin wrote: »
    Theres a thread in after hours about the joker costumes,they're talking about scarecrow burlap too.

Yeah, that's where I got the idea. I might just go as a normal scarecrow though (may be easier)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I vote we all get dressed up on Halloween and go trick or treating together.

Yes, I am serious.

Who's in? :D

Advertisement