Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Nocturnal official Halloween Season Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

SDooM wrote: »
    And you might want to edit yours now. :D

Nope, it's still there. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Classic, comical and horrifying!:D

It makes me smile every time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

It makes me smile every time!

The old lady coming out of the cellar has to be one of the best horror scenes ever!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I shall be watching the original Halloween then, though I prefer films like 'The Grudge' and 'The Ring'.
    On a side note, I was in Spain during the summer, and people there seemed to think Halloween originated in the U.S.. They were surprised when I informed them that it actually started in Ireland with the Samhain festival ( I think so anyway, I could be wrong.) I think it's quite cool that it spread so far around the world. Though it seems to be dying out a bit, particularly the old games like Snap Apple. I don't even see that many kids trick or treating where I live. It's kinda sad. :(

Smart ass Lolly:p

So does anyone have a tradition, like Doom mentioned, that they abide to every Halloween? Mine is to watch as many horror films, either classic or cult, and I'm kicking it all off with Stephen King's IT tonight.:D

I also like to go for a walk on my own in the middle of the night...

Aw, I remember one time I was in a little town in Yorkshire and I went for a walk through the graveyard there with my gf, and the mist settled in and the moon was high... It was one of those perfect moments!

Oh well, move on. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

back on topic: have i missed something or has no one mentioned halloween yet.....mike myers anyone? (not austin powers, the serial killer)
    Acacia wrote: »
    I've only seen the remake by Rob Zombie, and I really like it. Is the original one better though?
    watch the original, i havent seen the rob zombie version but im willing to bet the original was better, they normally are!

Yeah the remake is very poor. The original is quite good.
    Inglorious wrote: »

Good call whoever said Near Dark.

:D
    Nerin wrote: »
    Oooh what ya dressin up as ;) <droolworthy?>

Stop pervin' on yer sister! :mad:

Aw, I remember one time I was in a little town in Yorkshire and I went for a walk through the graveyard there with my gf, and the mist settled in and the moon was high... It was one of those perfect moments!

Then the Zs came..

Galvasean wrote: »
    Then the Zs came..

Yeah. Thankfully I found a shotgun and a health pack. They didn't last long!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

<Mod> Eh-go back and check there mizzlolly.I'm mobile so editing everything took ages. :rolleyes: For the last time-drop it before i log back onto full boards and start bans and infractions.<mod> american werewolf-great film. Brack,will be stocking up asap! Pumpkins{or traditional turnips,much harder to do though} are a must.

I also like to go for a walk on my own in the middle of the night...

Oh well, move on. :)

Sounds like an awesome atmosphere but how did you get into the graveyard at night?

Another tradition for me would be the bonfire. My green has plenty of big beautiful trees(which remain in tact of course) and it just gives me a great sensation sitting there gazing into a big blazing fire with the wind whistling in the trees. Fantastic.

• Advertisement

Yeah. Thankfully I found a shotgun and a health pack. They didn't last long!

Brains? Brains?

*taps on Homer's head*

Brains! Brains!

*walks away from Homer*:pac:

Sounds like an awesome atmosphere but how did you get into the graveyard at night?

Another tradition for me would be the bonfire. My green has plenty of big beautiful trees(which remain in tact of course) and it just gives me a great sensation sitting there gazing into a big blazing fire with the wind whistling in the trees. Fantastic.

It's a tiny little graveyard in North England. We could easily hop over the walls. Had proper tombs and everything. I do miss those days :)

Smart ass Lolly:p

So does anyone have a tradition, like Doom mentioned, that they abide to every Halloween? Mine is to watch as many horror films as possible, either classic or cult, and I'm kicking it all off with Stephen King's IT tonight.:D

traditions-well the whole month is super busy-between religious stuff,and halloween stuff itself,theres so much to do. Extra candles and spookiness,usually venture into a euro store to get stuff. Walks in the autumn are great. Lots of halloweeny films,tv, books etc even the laptop gets the seasonal treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

is that filim the orphanage scary?
    planning on watching it this month...provided i can convinve my friends to watch horrors with me since they jump at everything

<Mod> Eh-go back and check there mizzlolly.I'm mobile so editing everything took ages. :rolleyes: For the last time-drop it before i log back onto full boards and start bans and infractions.<mod>

I did check. I seen it was still there so I posted. Thought you'd missed it. Are we not encouraged to mention when unmentionables have been mentioned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

*shiver*
    never take me to a graveyard SDooM, I have issues with the dead

<Mod> stuff<mod>
    MizzLolly wrote: »
    more stuff

Let's all forget our troubles with a big bowl of strawberry icecream!*
    :)

*darn ye that don't get the ref

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Inglorious

planning on watching it this month...provided i can convinve my friends to watch horrors with me since they jump at everything

There are a few scary bits but it's nothing excessive, it's more sad than scary. A brilliant film nonetheless.

star-pants wrote: »
    Let's all forget our troubles with a big bowl of strawberry icecream!*
    :)

*darn ye that don't get the ref

You are a wonderful ref star-pants. Don't worry. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yes. Watch it.

• Advertisement

MizzLolly wrote: »
    You are a wonderful ref star-pants. Don't worry. ;)
    lol thanks hun - I meant ref as short for reference for my quote :) but I appreciate your take on it too!

halloween - cracking open tough nuts, you know those bags of walnuts & hazelnuts etc? teatowel, nutcracker, and a lot of patience & strength, all for a few morsels.
    Who gets the ring in the brack? lol that used to be good...

traditions-well the whole month is super busy-between religious stuff,and halloween stuff itself,theres so much to do. Extra candles and spookiness,usually venture into a euro store to get stuff. Walks in the autumn are great. Lots of halloweeny films,tv, books etc even the laptop gets the seasonal treatment.

This is probably my favourite time of year, even moreso than Christmas.:eek: I think I might take that Dracula Experience tour beside Barcode this year for a bit of fun. Anyone been on it?

This is probably my favourite time of year, even moreso than Christmas.:eek: I think I might take that Dracula Experience tour beside Barcode this year for a bit of fun. Anyone been on it?

:D i used to start plannin in august, starting late this year lol

Inglorious wrote: »
    There are a few scary bits but it's nothing excessive, it's more sad than scary. A brilliant film nonetheless.
    hmm ill be giving it a bash
    Yes. Watch it.

yay thanks

amityville horror will be thrown into the player again

always get me.
    when the girls hanging at the end of the bed when theyre haveing sex :eek:

ah youon about the one in barcode?
    if so then ive been on it a billion times.its kinda cool.only take you like 20 minutes but its a laugh

ah youon about the one in barcode?
    if so then ive been on it a billion times.its kinda cool.only take you like 20 minutes but its a laugh

Yeah the one in Barcode. 20 minutes eh? What do they talk about?

eh well theres a chap at the start wholl waffle the ears off you if youll let him but we generally dont then theres this corridor thing with all wirtten stuff on the wall about bram stoker and dracula then you go through all scenes and stuff from the books and theres a dracula in there who appeaars from random places and the last bit its a grave yard but theyve little documentorys shown about differnent dracula related things.its a bit of fun.

By the way, I'd urge everyone to watch this:

By the way, I'd urge everyone to watch this:

Meh, I'm over the whole 'let's put everything in super shaky hand held home movie vibe' fad.

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    Meh, I'm over the whole 'let's put everything in super shaky hand held home movie vibe' fad.

No man, you're not. Because this film ****s on everything else that attempted that style, there is no comparison.

Advertisement