Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Womens Attitudes in Nightclubs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

"you must be so proud of how you conduct yourself"
    "are you kidding I would'nt **** you for practice"
    "aaaaw, did the nice man with the porsche heart break your heart....."
    "easy there princess, I'm pretty drunk and you looked pretty easy, no big deal"

My mates have endless supply of smart comebacks to these "ladies"

Its hilarious to see the **** that happens, and I always find it amusing to get involved. Just because like a bully in school I dont believe people should be allowed to whatever they feel like and treat people ignorantly, as long as they have not been approached in a genuinely decent manner.

The ignorant thing among Irish women is very true in some cases and not in others...... I do think its funny when these girls are faced with a bit of competition, thats when it gets very funny.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Bendihorse wrote: »
    No not saying anyones lying, but i dont PERSONALLY know any that would actively seek out a foreign girl as opposed to an irish one... And i have asked! It would seem that theres a bit of a stygma attached as in 'Polish/Eastern European girls are desperate to hook up with irish men, any irish man' (for what reason i dont know and i didn't say it) so its not a brag to be scoring one... *shrug*

Please dont berate me for repeating what im hearing from 'Irish Men'

Well then take it from an Aussie. I have never seen anyone as stuck up as an irish woman in a nightclub.
    But then again, they are great if you meet them somewhere else. I think the nightclub is the key here. Its almost like a defensive mechanism.

javaboy wrote: »
    You'd lez out for pastry?

Irish flour is chunky and all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Irish flour is chunky and all the same.

That's a metaphor right? ;)

Actually no it is true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

So we've gone from complaining about Irish women to the willingness of Irish women to sleep with women of other nationalities in exchange for pastries?

Thread of the week.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Wagon wrote: »
    You sound exactly like the type of bitch who'd tell some punter to **** off for standing near them at a bar :D

Indeed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hottstuff

+12 ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

milod wrote: »
    The "in yer fookin dreams pal" response is not a standard trait of Irish women. I'm sick of hearing this 'Eastern European/Asian Girls are so much more approachable' crap. Go to Poland, and try your luck in a Polish nightclub and see how far you get!

The approachability thing is majorly affected by two factors:

1. Irish women are more accustomed to the typical drunken advances they get in an Irish club
    2. When you're in a foreign country, with little cultural context, you tend to be more approachable, as you are trying to make friends and establish yourself in a new country.

Wrong.

I've lived for substantial lengths of time in England, France, Portugal, Spain, Czech Republic and Asia and I can say without a single exception that every single girl I have ever chatted or tried to chat up in a niteclub or a bar in any of those countries have been nothing but polite. Even if they are completely not interested they are polite about it, even if they have a boyfriend, even if they are a lesbian, even if ... etc etc

Actually thats not completely true, because a few months ago here in Asia I tried talking, not chatting up, talking to an Irish girl (Kerry) who I just happened to notice in a bar and she was the rudest <profanity> I have met since I left Ireland.

There are plenty of girls everywhere a bit gone in the head, rude, full of themselves etc but they never treat strangers like that.

example -> I was riding a fashion model here (Yes I did, I'm putting this on my CV in place of my 4 year degree section in bold size 22 letters). Now she turned out to be a bit of a bitch and she knew she was beautiful (and loved hearing it from anyone/everyone) and she did speak her mind a bit too much with alcohol (started telling my aussie mate why Australia sucks after getting to know him for about an hour), but she was never intentionally rude or ignorant to me or my friends.

The simple fact of the matter is that a lot of Irish women have the idea that they can act anyway they like, that they can treat people anyway they like and that us men should be eternally grateful for the privilege of them taking their knickers off.

They think that by pulling down the old panties and spreading the legs that they are giving us some kind of magical holy gift that we should constantly thank them for.

• Advertisement

monosharp wrote: »
    They think that by pulling down the old panties and spreading the legs that they are giving us some kind of magical holy gift that we should constantly thank them for.

I'm blacklisting you from the collectives to do list.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I'm blacklisting you from the collectives to do list.

Is that the Irish women's "to do list" ? Then please go ahead. :D

After experiencing real women, I never ever will have the slightest intention of even looking at an Irish girl ever again.

Irish women are a glass of dirty greasy dish water compared to foreign women who are a glass of red wine. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Jumpy wrote: »
    Well then take it from an Aussie. I have never seen anyone as stuck up as an irish woman in a nightclub.
    But then again, they are great if you meet them somewhere else. I think the nightclub is the key here. Its almost like a defensive mechanism.

You're right Irish wimmin in nightclubs behave atrociously. You're also right by saying that it's a defense mechanism. I make an effort to be polite to guys who approach me in nightclubs. I'm all too used to guys making rude comments to me so I don't do it to them. As a result, drunken leches come up to you and put arms around you and go way too far, simply because you didn't scowl and tell them to **** off from outset. So you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Even my most polite "sorry, I have a boyfriend" or "sorry I'm not interested" gets verbal abuse from guys who'll tell you you're a fat ugly cow just because you don't want to sleep with them.

This is what the problem is about. When a man approaches a woman in a nightclub (and vice-versa) it's with the aim of shagging them. So a guy doesn't just come up for a friendly chat in a nightclub (maybe a pub) so you need some defense mechanism or else you'll have paws all over you in no time. That said, the verbal abuse is uncalled-for.

boogle wrote: »
    You're right Irish wimmin in nightclubs behave atrociously. You're also right by saying that it's a defense mechanism. I make an effort to be polite to guys who approach me in nightclubs. I'm all too used to guys making rude comments to me so I don't do it to them. As a result, drunken leches come up to you and put arms around you and go way too far, simply because you didn't scowl and tell them to **** off from outset. So you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Even my most polite "sorry, I have a boyfriend" or "sorry I'm not interested" gets verbal abuse from guys who'll tell you you're a fat ugly cow just because you don't want to sleep with them.

This is what the problem is about. When a man approaches a woman in a nightclub (and vice-versa) it's with the aim of shagging them. So a guy doesn't just come up for a friendly chat in a nightclub (maybe a pub) so you need some defense mechanism or else you'll have paws all over you in no time. That said, the verbal abuse is uncalled-for.

Do you have a boyfriend......??

If not, well I'm just turning on the kettle and was gonna maybe have a friendly chat rape.......... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

What Boogle said.

gabgab wrote: »

Do you have a boyfriend......??

If not, well I'm just turning on the kettle and was gonna maybe have a friendly chat rape.......... :D

Married. Luckily husband is not the jealous or possessive type, but he sometimes gets tired of the whole shagtastic nightclub scene.

EDIT: Just remembered one time I was out last year with friends. I was in a bar and this guy just started chatting, all friendly enough. Then he asked for my number, I politely said no. Then just moved in for a snog and I stepped back and I said I'm sorry I'm engaged, I'm not interested. Then he lost it. Started shouting "Yeah I saw ya flashing yer fu$king ring at me!" (I was holding my drink with my ring hand?!) I was stunned, then he stuck his finger in my face and said "Where's your boyfiend now, huh? He's ****in off somewhere with some tart, and he's not even thinking about you. You're a ****in' assh0le Then he stormed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Irish women are a glass of dirty greasy dish water compared to foreign women who are a glass of red wine. :cool:

Just another form of racism there mate.

Also, everyone who deals in such generalisations is a ****ing spanner.

Self immolation ftw, right?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Dragan wrote: »

Self immolation ftw, right?

Definitions of immolation on the Web:

* killing or offering as a sacrifice
    wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

* Immolation is a death metal band from Yonkers, New York. They were formed in May 1986 by Andrew Sakowicz (Bass, Vocals) and Dave Wilkinson (Drums) as Rigor Mortis (NY). ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immolation (band)

* The act of immolating, or the state of being immolated, or sacrificed; That which is immolated; a sacrifice
    en.wiktionary.org/wiki/immolation

Very metal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Married.

Ye fookin hoorebag! :D;)

On a serious note though. I presume when you say nightclubs, you mean Redz or 21s or some swanky crapper like those. Why bother going to nightclubs if you expect this treatment from lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Alarums

I think Irish nightclubs are fairly depressing places for lads a lot of the time. They go there because the pubs have shut and they want to keep drinking and they have the faintest dying ember of a hope that maybe this will be the night they finally find someone in the nightclub who will shag them. Then they go to the club, the conversation between them dies as nobody can hear anything and one liners tend to lose their subtle nuances when they are shouted into someones ear. Then you can see all the groups of men, not talking to each other but instead looking longlingly at the women dancing on the floor. The women are having a good time dancing but quite a few of them are just there to have a dance and a laugh and hope the lads in the place stay away and don't bother them. It seems like an expensive waste of time for a lot of men to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

sunnyside wrote: »
    Very familiar, any female who tells a man to f*** off just because he approached her is not a lady. If someone is very drunk I'll most likely announce that I have to go and walk away but I wouldn't be rude to somebody polite who had the courage to approach me.

LOL:D

Lots of Irish girls (I'm Irish too) seem to think they are absolute princesses and way too good for most of the guys nice enough to approach them. The Polish girls(Or German or anywhere else) mostly have much nice manners than Irish girls. I totally understand why guys would like Polish girls.

I do often wonder why Irish people have this worldwide reputation for being so friendly. I think a lot of us Irish are anything but friendly.

The next time I approach a girl, I swear to God I hope she's like you.. I mean some women get on their high horses and say Irish women aren't like this etc, "I would never do this, bla bla bla". Fair enough, YOU wouldn't, but your peers do! And it is only Irish girls, I can honestly say I've been with more Polish girls than Irish, that's not including Lithuania etc. They actually give you the time of day, then Irish girls get mad because the Irish lads are all into the foreigners.. I ****ing wonder why!

Ye fookin hoorebag! :D;)

On a serious note though. I presume when you say nightclubs, you mean Redz or 21s or some swanky crapper like those. Why bother going to nightclubs if you expect this treatment from lads?

I go with friends to have a few dances and a laugh. Also, moved out of Dublin last year and the local discotheque is all that's on offer in the sticks nowadays :p

Although I was in The Palace in Naaaaavan last Friday night and met some fella from Coronation Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Although I was in The Palace in Naaaaavan last Friday night and met some fella from Coronation Street.

That's your own fault. What were you doing in a nightclub in Navan!? Living there is no excuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

After experiencing real women, I never ever will have the slightest intention of even looking at an Irish girl ever again.

Um... maybe consider each woman individually? :rolleyes:

So if a gorgeous woman approached you and you found out she was Irish you'd suddenly lose interest? You're talking sh1t.

That's your own fault. What were you doing in a nightclub in Navan!? Living there is no excuse.

Hehe don't live there thank God! Just out for a work-related piss-up. Hey it's not a bad nightclub in fairness. Better that the usual sticky-carpet, puke-smelling, old batchelor hang-out kips I usually frequent. :p

Dragan wrote: »

1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race 2 : racial prejudice or discrimination

In fairness I said earlier in that same post "most" irish women. Should have said it in that comment too. Here goes again so.

Most Irish women are a glass of dirty greasy dish water and most foreign women are a glass of red wine.

Happy ? Its my experience in life.

In any case its not racist.

Self immolation ftw, right

I will generalise wtf I want to generalise because thats been my experience.

Most Irish women are rude, ignorant, self obsessed and unattractive in comparison to foreign women. Most Americans I have met are idiots. Most Western people haven't a clue about non-western culture. etc etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Not to sound like an egotistical prick but I can honestly say I've never been told to fuck off by a woman in a nightclub.

It depends on how you approach them really. If you go over and bully your way into their group and demand they talk to you with some ancient, unfunny "line" then in all fairness you're pushing in on them, spoiling their night and you kind of deserve short shrift. Unless you're getting some sort of signals beforehand you're wasting your time and theirs.

Women in nightclubs aren't as shy and demure as they might like to think. If they're into you, you should have a pretty good idea pretty quickly. If you don't get it then no amount of patter is going to change it.

How many lads here have come close to telling some drunken swamp donkey to fuk off when they come barging in on top of you?

1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race 2 : racial prejudice or discrimination

In fairness I said earlier in that same post "most" irish women. Should have said it in that comment too. Here goes again so.

Most Irish women are a glass of dirty greasy dish water and most foreign women are a glass of red wine.

Happy ? Its my experience in life.

In any case its not racist.

I will generalise wtf I want to generalise because thats been my experience.

Most Irish women are rude, ignorant, self obsessed and unattractive in comparison to foreign women. Most Americans I have met are idiots. Most Western people haven't a clue about non-western culture. etc etc etc.

"Most" of your posts are tripe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Hilarious - "foreign" women. If you're Irish, "foreign" means anyone who's not Irish - narrow it down a small bit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Im not a bitch and im certainly not the sort of person who would tell someone to **** off in a nightclub but Meh... Whatever, if thats what you want to presume about me after reading a line of text then your just as bad as the girl that told the guy to **** off in the nightclub.

Advertisement