Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Womens Attitudes in Nightclubs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

monosharp wrote: »
    Nope. Just think ye are the bottom of the pile.
    Again, all Irish women are bottom of the pile? You're saying very stupid stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Now that, Neo Mr. Anderson, is $64,000,000 question. I have asked her, and her reasons are that they're "wasting her time", they "looked annoying" , "what was he thinking anyway" and "it's funny".

And tbh, she's so up herself that it would never even cross her mind that someone would do it to her. In fact, she'd probably consider it far below her to chat someone up in the first place - she lets them come to her.

Did I say this person was my friend??? Frenemy, more like.

I think an experiment is in order tbh.
    Set it up and report back to us all. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

I liek hearing stories like that but are you a particularly good looking chap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

Wahey, more Irish wimmins for the rest of us! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Dudess wrote: »

Nice edit lol
    Was about to say "when the f(ck did I say that"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hottstuff

In his opinion , irish women are bottom of his pile.
    How is that stupid ?
    It's his preference.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

In all fairness, you can only form opinions based on your personal experience.

In working as a bar man or bouncer (through college), I did find that Irish women were more likely to be rude to the guy trying to talk to her.
    I also did find that Irish guys were more likely to be pissed drunk by the time they get the courage to talk to the women.

I think that it is a circle.
    Irish guys think that Irish women are hard to chat up, so get a bit of "dutch courage" before hand. The Irish woman is sick of drunk Irish guys falling all over here so tells him "Fu(k off" thus reinforcing his sterotyping but also propagating the sterotype to "quiet, nice guys".
    Who from then on will talk to foreign ladies with more ease and in a more natural way, as he is not afraid of the reaction, thus getting a more friendly response,

Well being an Irish woman myself i can safely say thats total BS. I have never once been rude to a guy in a club. I'm there for a laugh and thats what i have. I was brought up with manners so its not in me to be rude. Painting us all with the same brush is crap!

I'm newly single and feeling very deflated now that you guys think we're ALL ássholes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

hottstuff wrote: »
    In his opinion , irish women are bottom of his pile.
    How is that stupid ?
    It's his preference.....
    Because he's talking about a very diverse range of women and he can't possibly know all of them so yes, it's a stupid thing to say. It would also be stupid to say "Irish women are hot" (in the same way there are constant ramblings here of "Polish women are hot").

Seriously, consider the individual - it's not that difficult to grasp. I'm sick **** of the anti Irish women crap here. How come of a Saturday night in Cork or Dublin I see PLENTY of examples to the contrary with Irish accents? And how come I've seen loads of frumpy looking, pasty, wrecked young Polish women?

The rude ones are assholes all right and maybe yes, there's more of it among Irish women than women of other nationalities - no doubt there's a lot of it among English, Scottish, Welsh, Aussie (I've heard that's very much the case) and Kiwi women also. It's not just an Irish female thing and it doesn't mean that all Irish women can be tarred with that brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Steve_o wrote: »
    While driving, at a crossroad or a gate or whatever, women rarely let you out.

:D awwwwwwwwww.... someone didn't get enough hugs as a gacun... :P

some of us (me..and others) are foooking great! always let the men out... ye are better out of the way :P :P :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

For MOST people attacking Monosharp's opinions:

You cannot say he's generalising - he's asserted that Irish women are like that, in his experience.

And, in my opinion, he's bloody right. I have been rudely treated by Irish girls, and Irish girls only. Not all Irish women I've talked to, just some. I have never had this experience with non-Irish ladies.

• Advertisement

Kiera wrote: »
    Well being an Irish woman myself i can safely say thats total BS. I have never once been rude to a guy in a club. I'm there for a laugh and thats what i have. I was brought up with manners so its not in me to be rude. Painting us all with the same brush is crap!

I'm newly single and feeling very deflated now that you guys think we're ALL ássholes!

Can you please just go back and read my post properly.

I said more likely (I even put italic tags around). That means more likely when compared to forgein ladies. NOT that ALL Irish women were going to do it BUT when it did happen it was more likely to be an Irish Lady who did it.

NO ONE is tarring you with the same brush. In my previous post I stated as such!

In all fairness, you can only form opinions based on your personal experience.

In working as a bar man or bouncer (through college), I did find that Irish women were more likely to be rude to the guy trying to talk to her.
    I also did find that Irish guys were more likely to be pissed drunk by the time they get the courage to talk to the women.

I think that it is a circle.
    Irish guys think that Irish women are hard to chat up, so get a bit of "dutch courage" before hand. The Irish woman is sick of drunk Irish guys falling all over here so tells him "Fu(k off" thus reinforcing his sterotyping but also propagating the sterotype to "quiet, nice guys".
    Who from then on will talk to foreign ladies with more ease and in a more natural way, as he is not afraid of the reaction, thus getting a more friendly response,

yeah..

and the foreign men are always very quick to chat the ladies up - the right way generally... not when completely intoxicated and have gone back into a child - like state.. ( i see alottttt of that..... )

And how come I've seen loads of frumpy looking, pasty, wrecked young Polish women?

Don;t worry, they are there in numbers.
    Just that the nicer looking Polish ladies draw the eye more

yeah..

and the foreign men are always very quick to chat the ladies up - the right way generally... not when completely intoxicated and have gone back into a child - like state.. ( i see alottttt of that..... )

In the defence, it is much easier in a foreign country for a guy to score.

So with that in mind , you could assume all foreign men love a challenge!!!:)

Well then is you see a chap you like, why not just go up and talk to him rather then waiting for him to go over to you?
    I heard a report a while ago, saying that irish men can't flirt and can be pretty shy around women and it's not hard to see why. Nothing personal on you, if you say your sound ill take your word for it ;) but there's a LOT of bints out there with an irish accent.

not sure i agree with that one...

i must be onto something here.... you never said "we dont get completely intoxicated and into a child like state"

clearly im right! :eek: i never get to be right ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Aww, I thought we'd be well into the delicious pastry munching cross-border lesbianism discussion by now.

you never said "we dont get completely intoxicated and into a child like state"

:D
    1-0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Because he's talking about a very diverse range of women and he can't possibly know all of them so yes, it's a stupid thing to say. It would also be stupid to say "Irish women are hot" (in the same way there are constant ramblings here of "Polish women are hot").

Seriously, consider the individual - it's not that difficult to grasp. I'm sick **** of the anti Irish women crap here. How come of a Saturday night in Cork or Dublin I see PLENTY of examples to the contrary with Irish accents? And how come I've seen loads of frumpy looking, pasty, wrecked young Polish women?

The rude ones are assholes all right and maybe yes, there's more of it among Irish women than women of other nationalities - no doubt there's a lot of it among English, Scottish, Welsh, Aussie (I've heard that's very much the case) and Kiwi women also. It's not just an Irish female thing and it doesn't mean that all Irish women can be tarred with that brush.

I think you're missing the point. The point of grouping is that you don't consider the individual.
    His preference/opinion is that foreign women are 'better' than Irish women. To consider the individual negates the purpose of him having a preference on women groups.

eg
    I love horror movies. They're my favourite type of movie. I think they're better than action/drama/scfi-fi etc. But I do find that some action/drama are better than some horror. But saying so is irrelevant to the fact I prefer horrors as a whole.

You could read my 2nd last post about the last item I highlighted in your post.

• Advertisement

Aww, I thought we'd be well into the delicious pastry munching cross-border lesbianism discussion by now.

Oh god! I forgot about that!
    Yeah, lesbians in batter. There's something you must watch before you die.

not sure i agree with that one...

i must be onto something here.... you never said "we dont get completely intoxicated and into a child like state"

clearly im right! :eek: i never get to be right ...

Oh i never said that so you are right.

What happens is that some women tar all men with the same brush.
    Not all of us are drunk or expecting a shag, when we go to talk to a lady but will get the same resosnse as the guy who is. It is when a sober, clean cut, generally nice guy gets treated like that, makes us wonder.

But I often kick a guy out of the club for being a drunken letch, I have also played the boyfriend for friends in the same situation. In fact I have played the boyfriend for complete strangers of ladies, just to turn away the persistant drunken git.

Both arguments are valid in my opinion,
    It is more likely to have a rude reaction from an Irish lady (still the minority of times mind)
    It is more likely for an Irish lad to be pissed and annoying the ladies (still, hopefully, the minority of times)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Wagon wrote: »
    Yeah, lesbians in batter.
    Thats not that "dominant women" video where they do all the strip wrestling and the loser gets rogered with a strap-on, is it? Classic telly...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Not all Irish women are like that but alot! Alot more than the other nationatlities as far as I can tell. Meeting Polish or American women is easier because they will talk to you and not roll their eyes. I've had about 3 times an Irish girl I wasn't even trying to talk to push me out of the way and roll her eyes...once in a shop after a night out which lead to me lying on the floor and yelling for her to come back, that she could just walk over me if she wanted. Good Times and lots of laughs for that one

Oh i never said that so you are right.

What happens is that some women tar all men with the same brush.
    Not all of us are drunk or expecting a shag, when we go to talk to a lady but will get the same resosnse as the guy who is. It is when a sober, clean cut, generally nice guy gets treated like that, makes us wonder.

But I often kick a guy out of the club for being a drunken letch, I have also played the boyfriend for friends in the same situation. In fact I have played the boyfriend for complete strangers of ladies, just to turn away the persistant drunken git.

Both arguments are valid in my opinion,
    It is more likely to have a rude reaction from an Irish lady (still the minority of times mind)
    It is more likely for an Irish lad to be pissed and annoying the ladies (still, hopefully, the minority of times)

:D No.... i have to say, i dont tar all men with the one brush... in fact :cool: i happen to be friends with the Martians (women from venus...men...) and rather like them...

Happen to know that there are lots of fantastic men & women out there, not getting a fair shot at all... like you said, the really good, honest, loving sincere ones... i happen to know a few chaps like this who are a bit shy, and wind up taking a back seat to the drunken lout who's bothering everyone..

I have loads of faith in people, and hate when my girl- friends say "men... all the same" coz, its not true and this is why i have my OH.. And this is why he has me, coz im not even close to the usual "Irish Wimmins" described here (thankfully).....

Thats not that "dominant women" video where they do all the strip wrestling and the loser gets rogered with a strap-on, is it? Classic telly...

Ah i don't watch UTV.
    I was thining about getting aload of batter on the flange and having that "ribbed for your pleasure" style thing going.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

There,there.Lets go to a kip and forget about it.;)

Wagon wrote: »
    Well then is you see a chap you like, why not just go up and talk to him rather then waiting for him to go over to you?
    I heard a report a while ago, saying that irish men can't flirt and can be pretty shy around women and it's not hard to see why. Nothing personal on you, if you say your sound ill take your word for it ;) but there's a LOT of bints out there with an irish accent.

Oh i'm not for one min saying i'm sound :) But i do go up to lads. I dont have a problem with it at all.

Degsy wrote: »
    There,there.Lets go to a kip and forget about it.;)

Get back in your box you ;)

• Advertisement

Oh i'm not for one min saying i'm sound :) But i do go up to lads. I dont have a problem with it at all.

Ever westled another woman covered in batter?

Advertisement