Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (UK) 2008

Options
  • 20-03-2008 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

What do you think of the new lot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

When did it start?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very vague post, womama! Try and give more information next time.

The new Apprentice UK starts March 26th. You can see the new candidates here.

Edit: BBC1's Apprentice Site is up too, click here

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Noticed on Aertel the other night that there was a Dub on it this year.
    Looking at the BBC site it's Jennifer Maguire a 27 y.o. Marketing Consultant living in Bristol and apparently she can make the shape of a shamrock with her tongue... nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Can't wait for it to start again. Bring it on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Indeed, need something decent on the telly these days.

I just looked at all the pics of the new victims...opps, sorry ...contestants.
    It'll be good to watch for the lads hairdo's - good grief! The state of some of em....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It'll be good to watch for the lads hairdo's - good grief! The state of some of em....
    CHRIST! You're not wrong!!

WTF?

big_RaefBjayou.jpg
    big_NicholasDeLacyBrown.jpg
    big_IanStringer.jpg
    big_AlexWotherspoon.jpg

These blokes look they are going to spend more time watching their hair do's than tending to the tasks in hand.
    Sir Alan will have them for breakfast...............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Personally I'm disappointed at the ratio of cocky:modest people this year. I'll probably enjoy watching it regardless, if only to see some of those people get a smack of reality.

The X-Soldier is my favourite already. Everyone else is dispicable based on those little interviews on the bbc site.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

big_RaefBjayou.jpg

Your man that married Liz Hurley

The slightly inbred posh one

big_IanStringer.jpg

Your man from Fall Out Boy

big_AlexWotherspoon.jpg

Tramp in a suit

big_RaefBjayou.jpg

Your man that married Liz Hurley

The slightly inbred posh one

big_IanStringer.jpg

Your man from Fall Out Boy

big_AlexWotherspoon.jpg

Tramp in a suit

RAFLMAO - very good:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

None of them really seem to have done anything particularly good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Clay Davis

BaZmO* wrote: »
    CHRIST! You're not wrong!!

WTF?

big_RaefBjayou.jpg
    big_IanStringer.jpg
    big_AlexWotherspoon.jpg
    Man, those haircuts are so freakin' gay! They all need a punch in the face!

lol - and one of the Sugababes has entered too:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/realitytv/i126204/lindi-mngaza.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

The last two are actually quite attractive if someone took a scissors and comb to their barnets. And they definitely aren't gay haircuts (well maybe the third one) unless you are a 12 year old who uses gay as an adjective to describe something bad.

I read that the second guy has given himself an additional surname, deLacy no less, because he is a barrister and wanted to sound posh...

I saw one trailer for the show and it looked like loads of rows between the girls, whereas usually the alpha males generate all the early friction allowing the girls to win the challenges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Clay Davis

unless you are a 12 year old who uses gay as an adjective to describe something bad.

No - I'm a 29 year old who uses gay as an adjective to describe something bad.

And they all need a good punch in the face to wipe those conceited smirks off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Hi folks - Wensday nights is bad for me.

Is this programme repeated at any other time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Clay Davis wrote: »
    lol - and one of the Sugababes has entered too:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/realitytv/i126204/lindi-mngaza.html
    It's official: all 3 original Sugababes have left!! Seriously, she could be Keisha's long lost twin!!! Well spotted!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

So it starts today. Apparently they will be selling fish on the market. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

[IMG][/img]big_IanStringer.jpg

Love child of Robbie Williams and Will Young!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭deise gal

For all my fellow apprentice lovers, tonight 9pm ! i personally cannot wait!

For more info on the contestants
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/

We have an Irish representative:
    Jennifer Maguire
    Age 27
    Career Marketing Consultant
    Qualifications Irish leaving Cert
    Home Town Bristol

"I can sell anything. I can sell pieces of paper for £50 and making a living out of it."

Jennifer was born and brought up in Dublin. Rejecting university life in favour of instant earning, she hopped on a plane to New York where she waited tables in a restaurant. After a year in advertising sales back home, she ran her own successful advertising business in Brussels before taking up her current role, working within the fashion industry. Jennifer comes from a very large feisty family and isn't afraid to have her voice heard. She sees herself as outspoken, funny and open-minded but has vowed to win The Apprentice by keeping her enemies close by her side. Apparently she can make the shape of a shamrock with her tongue...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

TV forum?

and may all the apprentices die in a car crash :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Ooooooooh, an Irish contestant. I still wont watch. An the Television board was setup for this type of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Get thee and thou worthless reality TV crap to the Television Forum!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Do you know when it's repeated? I love the apprentice but can't see tv on wednesday nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved. ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

... and merged. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

This is going to be great...

Cant wait,

HOpe they have a load of gob****es on it to keep it interesting.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

deise gal wrote: »
    For all my fellow apprentice lovers, tonight 9pm ! i personally cannot wait!

For more info on the contestants
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/

We have an Irish representative:
    Jennifer Maguire
    Age 27
    Career Marketing Consultant
    Qualifications Irish leaving Cert
    Home Town Bristol

"I can sell anything. I can sell pieces of paper for £50 and making a living out of it."

Jennifer was born and brought up in Dublin. Rejecting university life in favour of instant earning, she hopped on a plane to New York where she waited tables in a restaurant. After a year in advertising sales back home, she ran her own successful advertising business in Brussels before taking up her current role, working within the fashion industry. Jennifer comes from a very large feisty family and isn't afraid to have her voice heard. She sees herself as outspoken, funny and open-minded but has vowed to win The Apprentice by keeping her enemies close by her side. Apparently she can make the shape of a shamrock with her tongue...

I saw a clip for the show where she claims "to be the best in Europe". I don't know what she was claiming to be the best as, her job presumably but it should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Already I HATE Rauf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Me too, and i have a feeling Im not much going to like that girl with the cookie hats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Is it just me, but every year without fail the producers pick the biggest, loudest, ego tripping tossers going. TBH none of them have covered themselves in glory in business terms. "The best sales person in Europe"?? That's a ridiculus comment :rolleyes: Telesales Executive..... Big deal :rolleyes: Sales Manager.... Big deal :rolleyes: and so on yada yada yada...... These people are not high flyers. Spoofers, pure spoofers.

Advertisement