Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (UK) 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

They all came across as self-absorbed pricks to be honest. Well maybe bar one or two.

Thought the leader of the men's team should have got the bullet. He let his team split into two camps on the very first task and was quite transparently using the posh barrister as a scapegoat. What did he say in the boardroom? "I was working transatlantically before I was 21". ffs.

How bad was the barrister in defending himself though? He spoke very poorly I thought. Good luck to whoever gets him in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Is that Raef dude the new Tre? Arrogant self-centred maniac? Time will tell :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I think I might get my granny to apply next year.... she'd make a better shape of selling fish than the 16 of them put together. Makes me wonder how they select people for the show.... Might apply myself next year for the craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

stepbar wrote: »
    Makes me wonder how they select people for the show....

I think they just pick out the most obnoxious twats they can find.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,469 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah Alex was a bit of a Tosser, he did cause divide in the team and he was wrong to bully and ridicule Little Nick in front of the rest of the team. Raef was alright although don't see any of the posh boys doing to well. On the Girls team no real thoughts Ms McGuire hasn't really done much to catch the eye. And Silly hat lady Lucinda looks like she ends up crying next week so not looking promising.
    Its great to have The Apprentice back :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I thought Sport Relief was over? Why is Daffyd from Little Britain on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

I fooking missed it people!

FFS..........I was'nt home till late........tell me pleazzzzz,
    when can i see a repeat of tonights show?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Clay Davis wrote: »
    Man, those haircuts are so freakin' gay! They all need a punch in the face!

That's all I could think during the entire show. Brilliant stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Yeah Alex was a bit of a Tosser, he did cause divide in the team and he was wrong to bully and ridicule Little Nick in front of the rest of the team. Raef was alright although don't see any of the posh boys doing to well.

It wasn't clear to me how the divide in the team developed. I think the lawyer was right to go. It was pretty pathetic that they couldn't do basic tasks like identify fish and price them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Duckjob

BaZmO* wrote: »

ROFL. I thought I was the only one who thought of Little Britain everytime there was a shot of him. I'm sure he's not the only gay in the vill-ege though.

The start of The Apprentice is always fun. Lots of tossers trying to talk up how super they are and then showing themselves to be completely mediocre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,469 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Gekko wrote: »
    It wasn't clear to me how the divide in the team developed. I think the lawyer was right to go. It was pretty pathetic that they couldn't do basic tasks like identify fish and price them.

I think once the dressing down of Nick and then when he sent the boys off to sell the fish he kept the blokes he liked the best with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

You could argue who should go, the barrister or the Team Leader, up until the boardroom. Nicolas basically fired himself - talking about uneducated people, and how he can't talk about football. Alan Sugar left school at 16 and he owns (used to own?) a football team. Nicolas might have as wall paint a bulls eye on his forehead. And he is a barrister, so I thought he will be able to put up a decent fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Personally I thought that Jimmy Carr's brother should have been fired. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

It was great.

So far the men are more annoying than the women, I loved hating that katie last year..

It will be an interesting season!!

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Personally I thought that Jimmy Carr's brother should have been fired. ;)

I loved him. There were moments, where you could see him thinking really hard how to say something in a really elaborate way, and then being delighted with himself when he came up with something. Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

BaZmO* wrote: »

This guy is gold. His "Look at the breasts on that" comment while showing a potential customer a side of cod bodes well. His montage of best bits on You've been Fired will be priceless

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The guy who sold the remainder fish for 50 pounds should have been fired.

They go to a Solitors office selling the fish, They never mention the price of the fish, then they run off to the fish only to return to the office and have one of the solitors tell them that they have to sell for 50pounds at this stage otherwise they won't sell it.

Surely they should have discussed the price before they brought the fish to the office. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

The guy who was fired was a complete tool!

Elmo wrote: »
    The guy who sold the remainder fish for 50 pounds should have been fired.

They go to a Solitors office selling the fish, They never mention the price of the fish, then they run off to the fish only to return to the office and have one of the solitors tell them that they have to sell for 50pounds at this stage otherwise they won't sell it.

Surely they should have discussed the price before they brought the fish to the office. :rolleyes:

That's true, but they were deperate at this stage. And a lot of them made mistakes - i think the one with the pricing was a biggest one. Lobster for 4.95 a piece?

Will the "your fired!" programme be repeated? I totally forgot to sky+ it last night. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Will the "your fired!" programme be repeated? I totally forgot to sky+ it last night.

It might be repeated on BBC Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I thought Raif was pretty great last night... He is definitely going to be the star of the show.

It was pretty stupid on Alex's part to bring Raif back into the boardroom with him because he can defend himself pretty well. He should have brought the dude who sold all of the fish for 50 quid. He looked pretty weak when he got so upset that he hadnt praised him because they were supposed to be friends.

But luckily for Alex, Nick made a complete mess of the boardroom. All of that uneducated stuff was never going to fly with Alan Sugar. He basicallly asked to be fired. Especially with those sunglasses!

What about the Irish girl saying she was the best salesperson in Europe? As Adrian Chiles said how is that quantifiable? And if you are going to make mad statements like that why not say the world??

Great first show I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

According to DigiGuide....

Main program is repeated on Saturday 29th March at 22:30.

Doesn't look like the follow up program 'You're Fired' is repeated.

That is a shame. :(

Thanks for looking thou. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I thought it was hilarious. The lad that went worries me if he's meant to be defending people, talk about a random defence.

The lawyer fella, Jimmy Carr's brother and the greek lad all seem like crackpots. Then you have the lady witht he funky hats on the other team.

Remember Sugar sold his company to sky, he's probably trying to get some reject into the place so they burn it down while in the mean time he's setting up amstrad 2 to compete with sky / amstrad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Well the ladies messed up big style tonight. That ginger team leader one was a foul wench, I think Sir Alan got it wrong this week, obviously keeping her for TV ratings!!!

At some points listening to her was car crash TV. A complete bully.

I.AM.STILL.SPEAKING.

*Cringe!

What a miscarraige of justice. :mad:

He should have fired the PM. She was nothing more than a bully. How dare she call someone a "Fungus".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Bond-007 wrote: »
    What a miscarraige of justice. :mad:

He should have fired the PM. How dare she call someone a "Fungus".

Yeah a total bully!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

She said she almost had to "Breast Feed" them, Total bitch..

Enjoyable episode. The boys made me laugh as usual...

That Lucinda and the tears and whining... Lord help us.

And Lindi, the sales person, she should have been up, I was embarrassed to watch her.

cant wait for next week..:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

and an ugly wench too!

Advertisement