Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (UK) 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

What's the task again this week? Can't remember last week's preview d'oh :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

The task this week is to sell portrait photograph in the Bluewater Shopping Centre in Kent.

I just wonder how long it will be before Lindi (Sugababe) starts asking the customers for tips. She seems a trifle obsessed in that area!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

The Irish one is a bit of a "hang on back in the background" Type?
    Comments anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The Irish one is a bit of a "hang on back in the background" Type?
    Comments anyone?
    That's how you win the show. Hang back for long enough and then make your move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Dire decision. Claire was fighting Simon on that task from the word go. She should have went. Another producer decision? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I wanted that swamp donkey Claire to go. She's been mouthing off every week since the start of the series.

I wanted that swamp donkey Claire to go. She's been mouthing off every week since the start of the series.

Yeah only hope she screws up royally, her plan from the start was to completely discredit everyone. Argghhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Huggles wrote: »
    Dire decision. Claire was fighting Simon on that task from the word go. She should have went. Another producer decision? :mad:
    Yeah but Simon was a clown, an honest hard working clown, but a clown nonetheless.
    Claire was an absolute wagon from the beginning though, but it says a lot when you can't even get the respect of your team when you're trying to nominate yourself just to be team leader.

That blonde one was funnier when she was in Extras with Ricky Gervais.

It really is a poor selection this year. Must be the worst set of Apprentice's yet. They are hopeless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

They probably should have voted the chick off for displaying her massive bingo wings in public like that :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Sar!

Claire will completely nail her last nail into her own coffin next week - guaranteed!! Felt sorry for Simon this week even though he was never gonna win it..........

Never remember there being soooo many embarrassing contestants in one series but ADDICTED anyway! Not one contestant could project manage their way out of a paper bag! Its hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Just tuned in to this again for the first time this series.
    Don't know if Sugar made the right decision.
    That Claire one is one of the most annoying people i've ever seen on TV- she never shuts the fcuk up.

I think he should have given Simon another chance.
    That Alex guy looks a bit sneaky alright.

From the evidence of one episode, none of them are that endearing tbh.

I am liking Irish Jenny so far, keeping quiet in background out of all the drama, hopefully when shes called up she will do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaybee747

Sad to see Simon go, don't think he was the man for the job though but a good ol grafter.
    Claire had my blood boiling this week, spent an hour screaming obsenities at the tele,most of which i can't repeat.What a Bítch,looking forward to seeing her get slated again.

And Alex what a turn around in the boardroom, everyman for himself and all that,lol, made me laugh the most,Yeah Claire was at fault,lmao, brilliant stuff this week.Roll on nextweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

tech77 wrote: »
    Just tuned in to this again for the first time this series.
    Don't know if Sugar made the right decision.
    That Claire one is one of the most annoying people i've ever seen on TV- she never shuts the fcuk up.

I think he should have given Simon another chance.
    That Alex guy looks a bit sneaky alright.

From the evidence of one episode, none of them are that endearing tbh.
    Tonight was his other chance, and he just proved Sugar right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Ahh I thought Simon would have pulled through:(, I did not enjoy the episode as much cause I felt he was being bullied by the other two.

Claires comment about him looking as if he was on crack. No one backing him up to be PM. Alex, being a wanker to him...

Ahh Poor Simon.

Funniest parts, Del boy---- Britney---- Your one in the purple taffeta...
    Claire getting a bollocking off Sir Alan,

I also enjoyed Margaret getting her oar in.

Roll on next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah no way Simon should have gone, he really wanted the job, he can be sucessful as he proved on the Laundry task, Claire & Helene are like the ugly evil step sisters from hell! Alex is just a twit. Simon was the only honest one in there, probably made the mistake of putting himself forward for the task. He didn't have a bad word to say about anyone even fecken Claire, I wonder is he still installing dishes? Hopefully someone will give him a shot in a decent company, I know I would!

P.S. If anyone is watching breakfast tv tomorrow he is on being interviewed, if he says what he is doing now please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I missed most of the task and the boardroom because of stupid people talking to me. Did the winning team win by much?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Just a quick note to anyone who thinks there are people are being quiet/shy. The show is edited in a way that the team leaders and final 3 will always get the most exposure during the show.

Sugarbabe, Paddygirl etc will all have their moments.

FWIW as charming as Simon was, I wouldn't trust him looking after a puppy, let alone a business.

Sorry to see him go all the same.

Sir Alans assistants were great this week, especially the aul one with the grey hair. She tore into both Claire and Alex, which they deserved.

The aftermath on BBC2 was great too. That photographer dude saying that all the girls were pretty much useless, was so funny.

Overall, Im disappointed with the show this year because I feel there are too mnay strong personalitys and "players". It's hard to see anyone deservedly win for reasons of genuine merit.

janeybabe wrote: »
    I missed most of the task and the boardroom because of stupid people talking to me. Did the winning team win by much?

I think they made a couple of hundred quid profit, where the other team made a small loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

womoma wrote: »
    Sir Alans assistants were great this week, especially the aul one with the grey hair. She tore into both Claire and Alex, which they deserved.

LOL did you see Nick and the Britney Spears lookalike the look he gave her was priceless :D the show on bbc 2 showed it again

Yeah it was gas! The state of her in fairness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

womoma wrote: »
    I think they made a couple of hundred quid profit, where the other team made a small loss.

Yeah it was about £200 profit and £70 loss...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Have to agree that this year the contestants are the worst and weakest yet.

Simon deserved another chance I thought - probably not winner material - perhaps a bit too nice for the cold harsh reality of business - but that mouthy Claire and the weasel Alex were alot worse. Wouldn't trust Alex as far as I could throw him.

Wondering if the Irish Jenny could be winner material...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

There's a lot of Claire-bashing going on, but I quite like her. She's loud, but I don't think she's ever intentionally treated anyone badly. She's the smartest and the strongest female contestant there imo.
    Jenny is just an obnoxious bully and Helene is almost as bad.
    Jennifer and Sugababe haven't done anything proper yet.
    Sara's too nice, she won't last. And Lucinda, God love her, is hopeless. (If she wins, Alan Sugar will be bankrupt not long after:D)

I think Alex should have gone - he ducked any responsibility given to him and is basically a twat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

I don't think this episode was as good as previous ones. I still enjoyed it though.

Poor Simon - I really thought he will go far. But in all fairness, he did loose control of the team fairly quickly, (not without a help from Alex and Claire,l but still), he also seemed to go on a bit of a power trip at the start. And it was his second chance, Sir Alan made it very clear last week, and Simon seemed to understand it as well.

Claire is annoying al right. But I'm starting to think there might be bit more to her that meets teh eye. She reminds me of Saira from the fiirst season. She was really annoying at the beggining, never shut up, but later proved herself to be really good, going al the way to the final. We will see next week, she is going to be PM.

Alex was really sneaky, wouldn't trust him, he completely stabbed Claire in the back.

Your one Helena was an idiot. In the boardroom she said Lucinda didn't tell her she is no good with technology, which was not true. Lucinda kept saying that through the show, and they have it on the cameras. This really baffles me - whoy would Helena lie like this, does she not realise that everything is being recorded? Ian did the same thing last week.

Lucinda - it looks like her team mates keep picking at her, on the other hand, she is conflicted with a lot of people, there must be her fault somewhere there.

I like your one Jenny too, but she never says much, so it's hard to judge what she's really like.

Britney lookalike was brilliant, the state of her. But I think hiring Beckham was a brilliant idea. Much better than the tacky "posh" setup other team had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I was expecting a claws and all cat fight. Sadly they must have edited it out. :D

Hopefully Claire gets the boot next week. Sugar obviously detests her and her big gob. Only for the fact that Simon blew his second chance last night I'm sure she would have got the bullet as she's done nothing but make life difficult for whoever's been in charge of her team each week.

Alex is a proper snake in the grass too. You'd have to keep an eye on him if he's in your team because he would stab you in the back given half a chance.

Irish girl is really staying under the radar so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Whatever about losing the task, I reckon what sealed Simon's fate was the fact that his team lost money. That's a huge no-no with Sir Alan and ultimately the buck had to stop with Simon as PM.

Alex showed he's ready to play games and join any witchhunt that's going at anyones expense.

I reckon there's several Claires in every decent sized company in UK & Ireland - gobby know-it-alls who swagger around in the belief that they're the go-getter of the company. I'll be surprised if she lasts another 3 episodes.

• Advertisement

Duckjob wrote: »
    I reckon there's several Claires in every decent sized company in UK & Ireland - gobby know-it-alls who swagger around in the belief that they're the go-getter of the company. I'll be surprised if she lasts another 3 episodes.

Your forgetting: and is out to hang any decent hardworking skin that might just make them look bad. yep, one of those in my office. :mad:

Advertisement