Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2024 **No Ticket Sales / Requests** - Waiting in line, terrible time, over familiar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The more I look at that line up bar Kylie, Faithless, Kasabian, Damo, Waterboys, I find the rest accurately fits this Bill Hicks argument about Rock Stars Vs New Kids in the Block, 'When did mediocrity and banality become a good image for your children.'

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Hank the DJ

Who was it on this thread said there was some good guitar bands lined up?

Because I'd like to hang them up by Noah Kahans banjo string for giving me hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dav09

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Musicrules

That was me. I was trying to manifest a good line up. I failed and I do apologise. I think I can pick 2 acts I want to see. Can you leave it till the week of the festival to see what the weather forecast is like and be pretty sure of selling your ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

You called it 2 days beforehand! Well done😭

• Advertisement

Something I've also learned to live with/accept. Headliners just don't make any sense anymore. Peggy Gou, Nas 10 and 11mn average Spotify monthly plays. Gerry Cinnamon 1mn, Faithless as does Kasabian has much more too. I know you could argue Gerry Cinnamon played some gigs last year in Cork/Dublin but barely hear him on the radio, especially anymore. I went to Kasabian in a slightly smaller venue in Limerick too, similar situation with Tom Grennan with doing live at the marquee Cork. It doesn't really matter I suppose, I just can't see in a world out of anyone, especially Gerry Cinnamon is ever above Nas on a poster. I can't even come up with an analogy to describe how mental that is.

And I know Fanirish or someone is probably going to mention a particular Belfast gig, but one song and a few big gigs should never really be headliner material, again all personal opinion.

Honestly for FR I feel if they swapped the the main Headliners with Kasabian, Calvin Harris, Kylie, and sub headliners were a mix of Nas, Noah, Peggy Gou, Faithless and Raye it would make much more sense and would look a mile better visually. Again it makes no difference but visually the upper tier looks really really poor as is, and makes the whole thing look weaker than it actually is (it's still poor overall).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I'm pretty sure I'm sorted. Fair play. Thank you.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Gary, “girlfriends” plural and a wife.. you player!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Hank the DJ

Haha, reminds me of this awkward situation.

This is really going off topic isnt it, think we're all just trying to regain our sanity after todays announcement.

• Advertisement

My thinking exactly on faithless! It’s pretty much a DJ set without Maxi?

Post edited by Fatfrog on

I remember Maxi Jazz's last DJ set at EP a few years back, solo. Had a lot of technical difficulties during it, was at a really random location like at the side of the 3 stage. I miss when random stuff like this used happen.

I would disagree, all of the above are tourwhores! if you have the cash they’ll play in your back garden. Kylie on the other hand is far more selective on where and number of shows she plays, this almost puts her in a “priceless category”

When Melvin said he moved the festival to accommodate a female artist, I thought BS, Coldplay clash is 100% the reason! But I take it back, it’s more like 50/50.

She’s a super booking on what is an atrocious line up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Gary_dunne

Ha I’d like it known I’ve neither the energy or the time for more than one woman

• Registered Users Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

100%, when I first caught glimpse of the lineup and saw her on the top row I thought they might have actually pulled it out of the bag.

Then I looked at the rest of the names.

I actually seen the line up earlier at a brief glance (Busy work day) and assumed it was one of those fake ones that a sad fcuk that lacks any sort of creativeness with photo shop hacks together. Didn’t think it was real.
    Normally lineup disappointment is because I barely know the names, more often than not a couple of gems appear with some research. The disappointment here is, I recognise all of the names!!

The line up is like when 30 drunken people try to control the music at a house party, 1/2 complete and all over the place.

I’ll need to keep an eye out on what’s added between now and festival as to whether I offload my tickets. Certainly won’t be in a rush for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Zamnesia doing 20% off Teachers for anyone prepared to tough it out until next announcement.

Keep your tickets, it's gonna be a party regardless of today's **** show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Mucker46

So after further consideration I am less convinced I will definitely go. There is so little in this announcement for me and EP is all about the music for me so if I end up with big or lots of gaps it will not be as enjoyable. However will wait until I see more. On a brighter note went to houseplants tonight and they were brilliant. Music that you can't help moving to. Always thought Paul was not a great lead when saw Bell X1 but has been great the two times I have seen houseplants. Black Keys and Simple Kid next weekend will help mellow today's disappointment further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭rubick

Had a f*cked up dream about the line-up earlier there lads, you wouldn't even believe who was on the bill, anyway, I'll see you all tomorrow for the big announcement.

One more sleep!

Yours in blissful ignorance,

rubick

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭glennponder

Is the rest of the yet to be announced lineup already booked in or do they leave a bit of flexibility on that based on how the reaction to the first announcement goes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

listed my spare, will update as to how fast it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Would you throw in a few purple punishers for a quick sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Lavdogg

I'v got a six degrees separation/twin peaks vibe off the whole thing, hear me out:

They wanted Taylor Swift, they got her ex Calvin Harris, who co-wrote his biggest hit.

They wanted Hozier who is number 1 in the US at the moment, they got Noah Kahan who have dueted recently

They wanted Kelis after her great set at Glasto year, they get Nas.

They wanted Liam Gallagher they got Gerry Cinnamon, similar fan base, sells tickets living off past success.

Melvin Bragg as newstalk called him earlier, has a Hank from Breaking bad toilet scene moment when he realizes "they are not going to buy this, I have to think bigger".

Closes his eyes, whips out his telephone book and thinks " thats it, I have got them" and all of a sudden a Kodaline sized Brainwave whisks through his head and thinks "that'll keep em sweet"

Joking aside, gone are the days when you could pop to the Electric Arena during the day to see a new an upcoming act with a bit of hype like The XX, Florence, or Mumford and Sons, as many posters have said, going overseas you'll get bang for your buck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Noah Kahan’s first two albums didn’t chart. Billie’s first two were global number ones.
    Billie in 2023 had won an Oscar for a Bond movie, with a second on the way for the main track of Barbie, the top box office movie of the year. She had also headlined Glastonbury and Coachella. To say Kahan is on the same level is patently absurd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭rubick

"Get your payments from the Nation."

Wee remix for the heads.

Sadly, other festivals are available.

Uppa Boardsies.

❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Grim aul day yesterday.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

after a days consideration my overwhelming feeling is “ bamboozled”.

I had to check with the young people. My nephew and my godson both tell me this is a shite lineup. They’re 16 and 19. Who is this aimed at?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Mucker46

19 year old was thinking of going this year for first time. Likes less on the lineup than me!!!! Have seen some saying great lineup but very much in the minority. First time I have felt a demise in the feeling that EP always worth going to with ATN, BTP and Forest Fest getting lots of talk as real alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭haitens

Has anyone had an issue trying to put ticket bought on instalment scheme up for resale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Very clued in early 20s fella at work - big techno fan - who has been to last couple EPs says the terminus line up is abysmal. "Jesus do they even try". He's selling his ticket.

Advertisement