Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Had my 5 since launch and it was gone to the stage that any updates or downloads was resulting in window rattling noise from the fan so I bought a new one yesterday. CEX are giving me just over 500 for the existing 5 with two controllers (both of which are becoming a bit sticky) and a couple of games. Happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭jj880

1 of my favourites in VR and 2D 😍

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Some poor bastard is going to get your one from CEX, hopefully CEX repair it first, but I wonder.

It is strange that uploads, downloads should tax the fan. It's not a very demanding task.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Quick question, if I buy a game like Gran Turismo 7 from Amazon.de, will I still be able to get the English language option? Because the packaging is all in German.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,358 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think so. From memory, I think all such games sold in Europe have to have the language options for other EU countries. I assume so anyway considering those language/subtitle options are always on the UK/Ireland versions of the game anyway. You may need to try navigate the initial menus in German to try find where to change it though.

Maybe wait for someone to properly confirm though as I'm just going on assumptions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭RedXIV

As far as I understand it, the language the PS5 itself uses will default what the language is used for most games. I believe there are ways to download additional language packs but considering everyone here is likely to be looking for english, I'd be surprised if the fact that your system is running english doesn't solve your import problems :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I didn't take to it when I was playing it first, I've heard good things about it a few times. I must give it another shot.

It really shines in VR. I read yesterday Drool are making it a paid upgrade for ps5/psvr2 if you already own it. Details to be announced soon.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I enjoyed Thumper on the PSVR, but it's not one I could play for ages. Visuals are mental and can get so fast iirc that it's a bit taxing!

Never mind that though, as much as I welcome it, announce Ragnarock already!

For sure its an endurance/memory test. S rank gets brutal but I like it. Im probably in the minority on that 😂. 120hz upgrade though. Gona have to try it.

Always meant to get Ragnarock on Quest 2. Looks really good.

• Advertisement

Ragnarock has basically the bands I listen to, so I'm only mad to get a bit of gameplay to the shredding sounds of pirate metal!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Ya, dunno what was going on with it but Im glad I changed.

Got €504 cash to my PayPal account anyway.

What I sold was

PS5 + Controller - Both day 1 items

Controller - over 18 months old

GoW Ragnorak

Mortal Kombat 11.

Bought the new PS5 in Argos for €550 incl the controller.

CEX's business model is massively flawed. They are selling unboxed, used PS5s for €595. They are still attempting to gouge when there is console stock readily available.

CeX rely on customers selling stuff to them to get stock. They don't have suppliers like Smyths or GameStop to get cost price consoles.

In order to get stock they have to offer you a good enough price, you're not gonna sell your PS5 for €350 just so they can sell it for €500 so they offer good money then sell at a higher cost to still make some sort of profit. It's a lower volume seller compared to iPhones where they can take a smaller profit in a higher volume.

Because it's a higher price customers will dig deep around their homes to find more phones, games or DVDs to sell to build up more credit to afford the higher console price. Sony said stock shortages are over, this year people will likely be relying on CeX less to get a PS5 and the price will likely trend downwards.

I haven't worked there in over 6 years, before anyone thinks I'm defending the company. You'd likely get more selling on Adverts it's just more convenient to sell with CeX. Anytime I get a new phone I sell my old one to them. I could get a few euro more on Adverts but easier to freepost it into CeX so I don't even have to go into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I said I'd never sell anything to CEX as I could get more on the likes of Adverts. However, selling on Adverts/Facebook can be a right pain in the behind. I sold them my PS4 and some accessories a few months back as the price wasn't too bad, and it was an instant sale rather than having to deal with ridiculous offers on Adverts. Or people who make an offer and then never follow-up. I also recently sold a Vita with them. Sure I could have gotten more elsewhere but I was happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Yea most times the potential higher adverts price just isn't worth it. Stopped selling my old phones on adverts after some weirdo followed me into my house uninvited then tried to haggle for a lower price.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,584 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

CEX is gone weird lately, new games are dropping their value quicker than usual but keep their high sell value so it's not very enticing to trade games recently. You still get the odd good value where Smyths or Gamestop have a game on sale and cex would give the same money in cash if you finished it quick enough. I wouldn't trust phones or joypads though because of battery life and hearing a few people on here sneaking in faulty ones. At least you can just bring them back if there's an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

And despite all this it is still better than having to deal with the people on Adverts

Yeah the few things I sold on Adverts weren't hassle free. Had people try haggle even further after making a deal because some excuses about being busy. Had a chap show up short of money, thinking I'd just take €50 less. Made him go to an ATM and come back. People don't show up on time, people are late. I've drive into the city centre to meet people so already not convenient, nevermind them being late or whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Damien360

Gave up on adverts long ago. Last one we had, was giving something away, free to collect, collection only, location Kildare. Some idiot asked if I could deliver to Kerry. Not sure if it was neck or stupidity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,584 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Absolutely, i sold a batch of things a few months ago, used a mix of adverts, done deal and Facebook marketplace. All a complete pain in the whole. Got the things sold by my head was wrecked . Facebook definitely the worse and i kept getting people messaging me that they will have a courier collect it and they'll pay for courier and move money here and there, Jesus it says collection only for a reason. CEX are in/out and you know what your paying/getting.

Anyway, i just read that VR2 preorders have been disappointing and Sony have slashed orders in half. Might be harder to get in some regions now or could be that anyone who wants one will get one. I imagine CEX will offer a pretty penny for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

The thing that does my head in about adverts is when you sell some old and barely working electronics for a low price because you think it might make a good project for someone, and you know the person buying it is then going to sell it on for full price

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Had a bollocks get snotty on a freebie I’d posted because I wasn’t available at the time he suggested. There is no hell hot enough for these villains.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Looks like they might be cutting predicted sales expectations rather than production.

I had to cancel my GameStop preorder and reorder as I wanted to change my debit card and they had literally no way to change the card 😂. But they seem to have no issues taking preorders at the moment anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'd like to think I'll get a PS VR2 at some point but def can't justify it at launch again like the first generation. I got great use out of it, but this would be the third high end VR headset I'd have in the house and I only get to play games maybe 2/3 hours a week these days. Fingers crossed it drops a bit because I'd probably pick it up if it dropped under 300

• Registered Users Posts: 28,888 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If I remember correctly they were taking preorders for PS5 long after others stopped and very likely knew they wouldn't be able to fill them all, which they didn't.

I said to myself if Smyth's have a VR on release day I'll fly down and get one as I'm off work. But I did buy a Steam Deck recently so maybe I should hold off...

GT7 and Switchback VR are a big sell for me.

Well Switchback is delayed to March 16th, so gives you a couple more weeks! GT7 though, on release day. Gonna be enjoying that I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Anyone know if you preorder online can you trade stuff in store to pay it off your account?

I'm sure since they had no facility to update my card details that such complexity is beyond them.

Advertisement