Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Never seen Minecraft or Sniper Elite mentioned. Among us was linked a while back but all seems to have gone quiet on that.

There's a fairly substantial list of everything that's coming. Personally I have Horizon, GT7, Resi and Kayak to do me for the launch day and days to follow. I'll get the paid upgrades for the likes of Thumper and Tetris when they're available and Switchback will be w day 1 purchase aswell. Moss 1 and 2 will also be bought at some stage soon. Just remembered Drums Rock which I will also pick up next week.

I can't understand people saying there's not enough games available for it, it's clearly untrue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I can see why some people say there's not enough games, a lot of the launch games just don't interest people or they've played a lot of them before.

I've already played GT7 and Village so VR is just another way to see games I've already completed. Likewise with Rez, Thumper and Tetris which are already compatible with PSVR1.

In terms of new games, Horizon and Walking Dead are the only proper games I'm interested in, Kayak VR looks ok. Switchback when it comes out. Nothing that screams people should spend €700 for a headset and a few games right this minute.

Post edited by DaveyDave on

• Registered Users Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Does it come with any kind of demo game? Like I think the PSVR came with Worlds.

Nothing officially announced YET, COTM seems to be what they're using to push the technology.

A lot of places are saying there will be surprises on launch day but I'm not hopeful. I would love a vr2 upgrade of Astro and that's what I'm pinning my hopes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Half life Alex please, the license can't be that expensive for a game of that age

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭jj880

Astrobot still my best VR experience. They have to make another!

I played it on a friends vr a few years ago and immediately went and bought my own that same day.

My best gaming experience of the last 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Absolutely love Astro Bot RM.

Best platformer since Mario Galaxy and one of my favourite games ever. Will buy PSVR2 if it gets remastered or if theres a sequel.

Still on the fence about VR.

Already beat GT7 and RE8.

Maybe when Beat Saber releases and a few more big games get announced.

Looks like Atomic Heart is a mess.

Was impressed and looking forward to it after the few trailers/boss fight I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Looks like Gamestop have started PSVR2 shipping today anyway, so barring any courier directions, could be delivering tomorrow.

Would be a system seller. Well it would be if it were possible for people to experience it beforehand. Very hard to get across how immersive it feels with just reviews. Proper AAA game, not just VR.

It's been long rumoured given some Valve comments regarding its "initial availability" on Steam VR and while conventional thinking suggests a desire to keep exclusive to PCVR, VR growth all round is desirable for every stakeholder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Yip just got my email. It looks to be going with An Post too thankfully so a very good chance they will do overnight delivery once they have it.

The tracking link in the email hasn't updated yet so I'm assuming that means GameStop have printed the label and stuck it on the box, but not that they have actually been picked up by an post yet.

Will keep checking that as I'm not actually home tomorrow so Wednesday would be better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It seems to be just about as good a consumer VR device as there has been, especially in its price range (albeit still obviously very expensive for a casual purchase). The OLED panels sound like a serious step up, and a one-cable setup sounds like the right balance between hardware-powered VR (which was quite the hassle in its early forms) and the convenient but underpowered 'all in one' units. If it's someone's first VR headset, I think they're in for a serious treat.

But I would really need to hear what support Sony has planned for it before investing. There really is just not enough there or announced at the moment to justify it IMO, unless you haven't had a headset before in which case it's a very different proposition. I'd happily look at getting one if there were at least a few substantial exclusives on the horizon (other than Horizon :P), but just can't really see the appeal of paying that much for higher-res versions of games I've already played. Hell, I've already played the superb Alyx as well on Rift, so even that wouldn't be a killer app for me although very much should be for those who haven't!

We'll see where it's at in six months or a year I think - I just hope Sony gives it some proper first-party support and doesn't leave it all up to smaller, third-party devs.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Relax brah

I bought a ps5 last year and have turned it on once. Bought formula one game, the only game that ever really captivates me is GTA.

PSVR2 has hit the An Post depot. Very likely I'll have it tomorrow. The one time I don't want it early 😅. At least the postman is good enough to leave it in the shed. I've had DHL leave my steam deck on the front wall in the rain for anyone to snatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,606 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah lads, enjoy yer vr today, let us know how ye find it!

Damn, I didn't think it was worth the risk with Gamestop so I chose to collect tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Picking up from store tomorrow too. Have a few bits to trade tho so worth it to knock off a few quid. It's comforting at least that they should definitely be waiting in store given there posting out already, had fears of driving up to be met by blank faces from the GS employees

My local one had them in the back room last Friday, just the standard one. She said they were expecting the horizon bundles yesterday.

• Advertisement

Dropped in the door at home earlier this morning, but will probably not have a look until after or perhaps even tomorrow what with work and football in the way.

Not sure if games are being released until the 22nd anyway, certainly noticed a countdown to midnight on one title on the dash the other day. Perhaps the patched titles may be available already though or getting patched today (GT etc).

GT and Village both updated today, kayak is sitting with a countdown clock.

Pistol Whip is a must buy for anyone that hasn't already.

I'm going to get one tomorrow.

Can't resist GT7. Guy from Digital Foundry said it was unbelievable and I'm sure RE Village is the same.

Mine too. Stuck in work though so won't get a chance to set it up until tomorrow.

Gt7 is unbelievable on vr, truly mindblowing. Especially the open cockpit cars like the old Honda that's just been added on the update

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭jj880

I second this. Superb addictive gameplay. Personally would have it ahead of beat saber. I see quite a few games getting a free upgrade including Pistol Whip.

For sure. Not often the grown ups get that Christmas morning feeling! 😂 And yes please post some reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

+1 on PistolWhip, probably gonna be 1st game I play tomorrow. Have a few hours tomorrow evening but likely be the weekend then before I get chance to properly dive into PSVR2 world

New State of Play thursday with 5 PSVR2 games being announced along with 3rd party/indie/Suicide Squad stuff.

Pleeeease ALYX and Astro Bot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ikol_

What are the chances of picking one of these up with our preorder.. didn't want to order from GameStop but looks like no one else stocking ATM. Wills Smyth's get these in do you think

• Advertisement

It won't be astrobot, it says partners. I was hoping they would be immediate releases in the SOP but scheduled for later in the year.

Advertisement