Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

No, you need to get the trade credit as a gift card and enter that at time of order. If you chose in store collection you can do the trade at time of collection as only a deposit is taken online for those orders.

Post edited by sniper_samurai on

Details of the new OS update available.

Some very welcome changes most notably Discord voice integration and proper PS4 to PS5 save migration. You no longer need to load up the PS4 version and export your save, the PS5 can do that now itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Going by that blog post it sounds like it's only if supported. So probably still need to do the save thing with games like Spider-Man.

I never use discord so wouldn't be interested in that.

I do see something about folders or at least organising games.

Discord is great for organizing gaming sessions and now that all 3 major platforms have voice support it can be used for cross platform party chat. This is a boon for games like Destiny 2 where the in game chat quality is abysmal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Really?

I have a gift card I was going to use on the day when collecting it from the store...

Is that not possible to use on the day of collection?

• Advertisement

It is. If you order for in store collection you pay a deposit online and the balance on collection by any form including trade ins.

What I stated is for orders for home delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,840 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

They've added filters to search your library, that's all. Still no proper folders. And makes that VR folder I spent 20 minutes creating and going through my library redundant now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭jj880

Can we sign up for ps5 beta OS here?

The register now button on this page takes me to a broken en-ie page: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/ps5/ps5-beta-program-sign-up/

Junior is mad to get discord voice chat sorted for friends not on PSN.

Edit: just read its U.S., Canada, Japan, U.K., Germany, and France only. Feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭Varik

In game chat usually has a ui component where who's speaking pops up or it shows somewhere, with strangers that's really needed.

In party chat there's only that when in the actual party screen, parties aren't huge and you might only play with people whose voice you know well but for discord the sizes are larger so they'll really need to add something.

Unless there's an option I don't know about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Psn network down for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

If I'm gamesharing with my brother, and we purchase Hogwarts Legacy deluxe edition, do both of us get the early access?

Is there any cheap good generic PS5 controllers on the market, something I won't worry about a kid firing across the room?

Nope, the only officially licenced 3rd party PS5 controller atm is the Razer Wolverine, which is €300.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I'm sure there is some kind of shell you can get for it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,840 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You could always try those plastic/silicone covers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

I ordered the psvr2 on gamstops website but didn’t get a confirmation email and no money has left the account. I did this stupidly before logging into the account I have with them so am wondering if I have actually ordered anything?

Post edited by Zurbaran on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Picked up the digital edition of the console earlier today and so far so great. Quick question though - do games still download when you put the console into rest mode?

Edit: ok so Enter Rest Mode actually says it download updates. Blind I am. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

If you click download it will keep downloading in rest mode. But I've found it has a bit of a mind of its own with updates. Games I have installed on the console, but are not on the home screen seem less likely to update automatically. But I've also gone to play a game that is on the home screen and it needs to be updated. 😂

Maybe there is some rules around update size, time since you played etc that are not obvious.

GameStop has taken the money for the PSVR2 so no going back now.

Has anyone pre ordered hardware from them. Does it get shipped the day before so it will be here on launch day, or only ship the day of?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I was in one of their shops on Friday paying a few quid off mine and the girl serving me said they had them in the back already so I'm sure you'll have it for release day.

Nice, glad they seem to have moved past the supply issues. Hopefully it's not a sign of poor sales 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 14,764 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Any hardware I've ever ordered from GS has always appeared on launch day, so I'd expect the same this time around. Sure with a Weds release, they could start firing them out tomorrow and be delivered Tues.

Reviews seem along the lines of what's expected. Fine hardware, but software is king, and it's where it'll live or die. Even the demo material like Horizon sounds lacking, but will at least be a feature for the device. Handful of other games could be worth a look, but I've been through the 'get every demo material' phase since the early days of PC VR, so I'm at the point of wanting some meat on the bone.

Bit concerned hearing the reports of it being somewhat uncomfortable for prolonged period, as I was no fan of the PSVR1 (had to wear specs underneath), so a similar experience would not be desired. The very nature of a wired VR headset necessitates an extended playtime, otherwise its hard to be arsed nowadays - albeit far removed from the Vive days, whereas the Quests excel themselves with quick 20min sessions (helps having the clip on lenses for myself, something I'll have to sort for this). Guess will find out next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Are many saying it's uncomfortable? The few reviews I've watched have said it's comfortable. It's also apparently better for glasses wearers and the nose piece doesn't let light in this time around.

Sounds like solid hardware but as expected software is still lacking. A lot of the games are PSVR updates. Outside of Horizon, GT7 and Rez I'm waiting for Switchback VR and that's about it for now.

No man's sky is compatible too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,764 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Well, I guess it depends on the person's odd shaped head 😅

I'm sure some have no issues, but others I've read have mentioned how the fitting around the nose, most probably to help reduce light intrusion, has been noticeable for larger heads/wider noses etc Type of specs for those wearing ones would also be factor

Bottom line is I suppose they can hardly make a device to fit everyone, and while the halo strap will certainly help with the weight involved, the facial difference is the problem area. Not a big deal for quick blasts, but sitting down for a Gran Turismo session could become a problem a some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I've seen Minecraft, among us, and Sniper elite listed on one article as being psvr2 games, but not elsewhere. Is there a definitive list available showing both the new games and the upgradable games?

Advertisement