Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,172 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

There is practically no part of the worlds that you cannot backtrack to, so you're fine for leaving the platinum until you've finished the main story

• Registered Users Posts: 33,327 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah it's all still available after the story, and some things only become available after the story too.

I would do whatever side stuff you want to do before the story ends, especially actual side missions (rather than collectibles, large enemies etc). It just makes the story and relationships with NPCs flow better.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just logged into work to see a €500 One4All voucher has been given to me. PSVR2 paid off!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nice!! Congrats man!

Actually over the moon with that. Not going to sting as much, and will allow me to easily decide to purchase the Edge before it! This is a good start to the year.... I'm suspicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭jj880

• Registered Users Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Fyi if you have a Revolut card you can get 2% Cashback on all online purchases with Gamestop or 3 months interest free(you pay first installment and then the a third each of the following 2 months).

Might help some people with getting it or get €4.80 cashback. Not much but better in your pocket than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sony CES press conference is at 5PM PST tomorrow (so 1am Thursday our time).

Seems they'll have PSVR2 there but probably not much else from the Playstation side.

Don't use Revolut, don't see a need, PTSB has been doing me fine 20+ years now. Actually, that's a lie. I've used it once to buy.... garden lettuce...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Fair enough. I only really use it for non Euro online purchases, the rate is much better than the bank with no currency fee other than that I find it a bit annoying having to keep porting funds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,865 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Revolut saves you a hell of a lot if you are purchasing from the UK or US. Their conversion rates are far lower and don't charge an FX fee either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

My sister uses Revolut anytime I ask her to get me something on Amazon with prime delivery, decent enough savings on paying in £ with it even on stuff that's as cheap as a tenner. Definitely worth looking into.

Exchange rates are excellent with revolut. You can order a junior card for any kids in the family. Really good for getting them used to money and sending them credit if they are away from the house. My son sorts out his own PSN credit and purchases now. Got him a card when he was 11. Revolut has an <18 app with limited functions for it that links to the adult revolut app. The main attraction for me though was having a card/IBAN separate from main bank accounts. Kind of a buffer for all online transactions. Anything goes wrong you can lose whats in the app and no more.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,730 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Post edited by Jordan 199 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭recyclops

I use mine regularly enough to help me save for things, when I get paid I lump a couple of hundred on for the month and have the vault set up to take a % from any time I use it, you be very surprised at how quick you can save using this method ( pretty much is the modern equivalent of the loose coin jar minus the hassle of bagging it up)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Paid off my PSVR2 as well. Despite trying to talk myself out of it with the oculus and psvr 1 back in their box, I'm hoping this is the VR set that actually is nice to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

GT7 is getting a free update to PSVR2. UGH, now I want one. Was thinking about getting a Steam Deck for my birthday in Feb. Now I have some thinking to do...

What are my actual chances of getting one now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I ordered last night from GameStop. Time will tell if they fill all the orders or make a balls of it. But I feel it's so pricey and niche enough to get enough for everyone.

I'm seeing a few other games listing support. No man's sky for example. So I think Sony are just saying it's not backwards compatible so they don't need to do work on their side. But the studios can easily do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Beat Saber been announced for PSVR2 now. No info yet whether free update or new purchase needed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,919 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Project Leonardo, a new accessibility controller announced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,172 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Hasn't been released as to how much of the game is covered by the PSVR2, it showed the gr1 at road Atlanta, but for all we know it could be just a selection of races like in gt sport

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Was on the fence about PSVR2. Only want Horizon CotM but with GT7 update(held off on trading in for this reason) and Beat Saber now I want one.

Alyx announcement is the main thing I want for it that hasn't been announced.

Seriously burnt out on games lately after playing and platiniuming GoWR and Elden Ring back to back.

Tried maybe 5 games(Prey,Witcher 3 replay,CP2077 replay and couldn't get into any of them)

Took a few days off and am now playing Demons Souls for the first time. Might be falling down a FromSoft rabbit hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Haven't watched the video yet but if I wasn't told what it was, I would think it was a game like Simon or something where have to hit the buttons called out.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,865 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Announced four years after the Xbox adaptive controller actually released. Did that work on PS4?

It's something I'm surprised that it's taken Sony so long to actually make but they got there in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭recyclops

Alot of Microsoft quickness in this part is down to Satya Nadella son being born with cerebral palsy, once he became CEO alot of work was done across all their products to be as inclusive and accessible as possible.

It helps that they have a massive reserve to dip into regardless of cost unlike Sony.

So, finally after over 2 years of use, my Pulse are developing issues. Still works perfectly, but the leather ear cuffs are wearing...

Didn't notice them at all while wearing, just cleaning and copped them. On the plus side, there are 3rd party replacements, potentially improvements, and they're easily replaceable. Will go with that first as they're working perfect otherwise. At a guess, over 1500 hours of use since I got them at launch. I've no idea if that's good, but I've spent €100 or more on things that have lasted far less.

Fyi LG 55" CS6 dropping even lower on powercity. Now available for 900. Seems like a great price.

And if my Googling is correct, the CS6 is basically the C1 with the C2 panel and chip?

I'm no expert but I'll listen to you and sniper_samurai.

C1 panel I think but you think thats a better panel anyway.

A good mix of C1/C2 for a very low price it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Seems a real bargain so for a 55 OLED.

Just playing Spiderman Remastered on a 48 inch C1, PS5, HDR, VRR, performance mode + ray tracing + unlocked framerate up to 120 FPS.

And it's an absolute thing of beauty.

Also gave Uncharted 4 a spin ... Wow !

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

Advertisement