Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Hideki99235

Got 320 for my PS4 pro against a Ps5 today. Happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭Dazler97

I have the ps1, 2, 3 and 4 just need the 5 now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

While trying to figure out how they'll do it in the series, I was just wondering does the new version of The Last of Us integrate the DLC into the main game now or is it still standalone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭jj880

Haven't played ps5 version but i watched first 10 minutes of it on YouTube just to see if worth getting. Left Behind is still standalone option in main menu. Watched first ep of HBO series today. Its good. Will def be watching all of it.

If you're a PS Plus Premium member, you can download a trial for the new version now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Left Behind is still a standalone in the PS5 version and IMO it is better as that way, I think that would be a terrible point in the main game to essentially pause the narrative for that long.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The last two or three times I played the game I stopped to play Left Behind and I think it works extremely well that way. I always assumed it was originally designed to fit into the game's main narrative even if they eventually decided against it.

That's what I was thinking. With the placement of it, they might just insert it in at that point similar to the beginning of Winter.

But can see how it may be better as DLC since acts mostly a prequel of sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,608 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can anyone with a child account give some advice please? I'm trying to setup an account for 5 year old so they play the Lego games and similar. I setup a new account but all the games are locked and i then noticed the Lego games are 7 plus and Astro requires a psn account.

I then saw the is a correct way to add a child account through the playstation website but it requires an email for your child.

I don't want to create an account (don't think i can for under 7 year olds anyway). Is it best to create a new profile,choose the offline option and set the age to 7+. They'll never be on their own playing it and I'll always be choosing the game but I'd prefer if it just showed games they can play instead of so my installed games with a lock symbol on them.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I ended up making an account with emails for my middle two kids when they were about 8/9 as I couldn't find a way around this otherwise. The pain in the ass part here is playstation will try and "help" you by taking their date of birth details and locking down everything older than them, after that, every game is a specific parent request you need to approve. It's not a great parental control system for filtering BUT I can't fault the time limit stuff, after I caught my son sneaking downstairs at 6am in the mornings for a few hours of playstation before school, I gave him a 3 hour daily limit and the first time he hit it was very teachable moment. That's worth doing if you're worried about excessive screentime (I wasn't before I heard the chap was sneaking out of bed)

• Advertisement

That's great thanks man! Yeah, was worried about the date of birth thing in case it locked her out of most games. So even if it does, I can log into her account and request access to certain games, then log into my own account and approve the requests? Definitely not the easiest thing to do but that restricted timing feature will definitely come in handy in the future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Yep, if you're going to do this, get the PS phone app, it's quicker and easier to approve in there than anywhere else I found. I'm lucky enough in that the kids are almost exclusively playing fortnite or other games that are under their age limit already. But be warned, the DLC stuff for fortnite is a bloody nightmare. The amount of time I've spent trying to get fortnite currency into their accounts instead of mine is very upsetting.

Looking into it more, it looks like i can't even create an account for her as she's under 7. I'm just gonna stick with the offline profile for now and set the age restriction to 7 for the Lego games. I just wish you could hide game icons for games over that but I'll get over it. Thanks for the info Red!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,824 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Not just far handier to have a cheap older console with legs games for it. Ps3,ps4 slim,xbox. Whatever. Its simply any disc she throws in and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,878 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I kept getting asked by my siblings on setting this craic up. I never knew how because I've never had to. I ended up having to do it for my sisters youngest, and it's a pain in the hole. Glad I don't have to manage it constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,061 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I started playing Jedi Fallen Order for the PS5 last night, I'm glad I got it free from playstation plus because the graphics are hilariously bad 😂

Literally in the opening scene the draw distance erased half a ship and a bunch of holes opened up in it

It looks like a game from 2008 and the motion capture looks like it's from 2003

Does it look better on the PS4? Maybe the conversion to the PS5 messed it up

It's a good game so far but I'm just amazed a AAA title got released looking like that

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

I didnt have any of those issues with the PS4 version. I thought it looked "fine" and was a really enjoyable game.

Don't get me wrong it's a good game, and I've only played the first couple of levels and I'm enjoying it overall so far

Just found the graphics really dated looking by today's standards, pretty sure Mass Effect 2 looked better.

If it was coming from a small developer then that would be fair enough but Respawn are big enough and have made other titles that looked better

Sony 2023 upcoming trailer. Majority games marked as "Coming to PS5 only".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Didn't have any of those issues and also thought the graphics were fine

It's the stupid map I have issue with 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Trying to find your way back to the ship was a nightmare for me🤯

• Registered Users Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The maps in it are a nightmare, especially considering when you've to retrace your steps so many times on each world

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Phew - for a second I thought that meant they were PS5 exclusives!

There'd be some freak outs if that were the case. Looks like the phase out of ps4 is ramping up.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

No Silent Hill 2 in that video, a previous blog post for this year's games also didn't mention it. I could have sworn that was slated for 2023. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the new Alone in the Dark, didn't even know it was a thing.

Lots of big games coming out this year. Felt like I spent most of last year twiddling my thumb's because I'm not into Elden Ring!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,878 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Shaping up to be a good year I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭recyclops

Kept the Ps5 for GoW which was grand, now keeping it for silent hill which I for some reason thought was out in February. Disappointing.

Surely it's out this year.

My first and only alone in the dark games was the one for the PS3, alone in the dark inferno I think it was

Probably not the best introduction to the series 😂

Yeah starting to get that vibe now, exploration is nice but I shouldn't need a degree in cartography to figure it out. Would a fast travel system be too much to ask?

Also, why is every game these days a dark souls rip off? I like a challenge but I'm really not bothered exploring every single path and trying to find the enemy that killed me and try to avenge myself and get back lost xp and health

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭Damien360

I finished Jedi Fallen Order just 2 nights ago and the maps bugged me at the beginning as it's not explained at all. It's the return journey especially that had me going in circles. But, once you figure out the system (I think it was third world for me, wall run applied at this point) it actually works and you wonder why you could'nt have figured it all out earlier. I loved the story and thought it was worth at least one playthrough. It helps if you are a Star Wars fan as nostalgia kept me going at times.

Advertisement