Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Enyaq

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭pad199207

Is there any news on the coupe version coming out or is it still a wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

The coupe versions of SUVs look terrible, don't know why people pay more for them. Coupe meant to be sleek and stylish, which SUVs certainly aren't. They look OK in pictures but look awkward and ugly out on the road. They don't know what the hell they're trying to be.

Saw Audi etron and q4 etron sportbacks or whatever they call them and they look very wrong from certain angles. Reminds me of the hideous BMW 5GT and 3GT they had out about 10 years ago, just horrendous.

And I'd be a big fan of Audi designs but once someone makes one they all make one so not to lose sales.

Someone will crack the formula some day but hasn't been done yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

Had a look at the pricing models for both the UK and Irish markets, and for the top spec model in both UK and Ireland, adding the Max pack on both, we are paying an extra 14k - and that's taking into account currency differences and tax.

How can anyone justify this?

I think VW group in Ireland need to be asked hard questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

i genuinely cannot believe the prices of the ID4/ID3/Enyak when compared to the EV6 and Ioniq 5.

I'm not saying the Ev6 and Ioniq 5 are cheap but they are so much better value pound for pound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

If we had comparable prices to other markets, then it would be slightly less painful. But to see that our nearest neighbours are paying far less for the same car - even taking into account tax, then it smacks harder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Agreed. I have an ID4. Have seen a couple of ID5s on the road and think they look so much worse than mine. I mean, what's the point in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Side profiles are not too bad but from behind they just look a bit off....

Not a dig at skoda or vw or anything it's just a style I don't like at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Any word on pricing or availability on the Enyaq coupe ? Has some nice colours in other markets if you’re brave.

VW ID.5 misses out on the SEAI grant but surely the Skoda version will be cheaper and might just creep under the €60k

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AFOL

I would not count on that... most higher end Skodas are more expensive than the corresponding VW for the past few years

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭doyle7

If I ordered my enyaq on November 1st 2021 and still waiting on it, is there any chance they could

A. Change the agreed price?

B. Cancel my order completely?

I Ask this purely based on the fact that the prices have gone up and the vrt changes from the budget

Thanks

• Advertisement

I think only your dealer can answer this and I wouldn’t go asking the question if I was in your position. I would speculate that they might overlook the price increases as it’s the importer or manufacturer that have moved these goalposts. VRT is a different story as they could argue that they can’t do anything about it and could not have foreseen it. If you are trading in a high value car with an extra 12months of mileage/wear & tear, this is likely to be the more likely part of the agreed price to be subject to change.

Unlikely they will cancel at this stage, they’d surely have done it by now if they were going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Jackben75

have to agree, i was surprised at the prices. I do think they are probably better built and will hold value but at the moment they are uncompetitive but in 3 years time you may make it back on resale value compared to Kia/Hyundai etc. I am trying to way up pros and cons. Must look into the Skoda, didn't check that out but i trust it is up there with the id4 price, so..... really difficult to know what to do, plug in hybrid may be a better value option for the moment

An Enyaq 80 (77kWh) is pretty much the same price as an ID.4 Life (77kWh). Skoda dealers seem to include a €2,000 3 year service pack that makes it look more expensive than the equivalent ID.4 on paper.

This €2K pack includes a set of 4 tyres, a set of brake pads, wiper blades + whatever servicing is required for first 3 years.

Base spec is slightly different between them too. By way of example an ID.4 Life has wireless phone charging but no reverse camera. The Enyaq has the reverse camera but no wireless charging.

Neither of them can compete with an EV6 Earth in terms of standard specification though.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭spose

the detail on that service plan looks light. Is there a limited time duration on this. Thought I heard 3 years. Website says…

Tyre and Maintenance Plan Summary: Replacement Tyres - As required €1,240, Mode 2 Charging Cable for backup/domestic charging (supplied at delivery) -€274, Inspection 1 & 2 - Electronic Vehicle Health Check, Functionality and Fault Assessment -€70, Routine Service Maintenance - High Voltage Component Check, Running Gear Assessment, High Voltage Battery Status, Brake Fluid Change, Pollen Filter Replacement, Top-up Cooling System Levels- €209, Brake Pad Replacement - As required-€175, Wiper Blade Replacement - As required -€96. Total value if purchased separately €2,064. As part of Tyre and Maintenance Plan €1,250 (saving of 39%). Price based on component recommended retail price and average dealer labour rates. Tyre prices are based on 21” Self Sealing Technology. Please discuss your Tyre & Maintenance Plan requirements with your local ŠKODA Dealer.

So does that mean if you don’t need tyres and breaks in the 3 years then all you get is the 2 “services” and a granny charging cable? Has anyone managed to not pay the 2k?

Info posted was a verbal that I got on the phone from a Skoda dealer. I was given the impression the €2K cannot be avoided.

Given that big heavy EV’s such as an Enyaq will eat tyres, you’ll definitely be availing of the tyres. The brake pads may well not be worn out in 3 years especially if you drive in B mode. I would insist they get changed anyway at 35 months given you’ve paid for them or even ask to have them thrown in the boot and just pay the labour to fit them whenever they are actually needed. Wipers, Pollen Filter and Brake Fluid change will all definitely be required within the first 3 years. I don’t believe it’s really worth €2K but it’s surely worth €1500 and possibly more if you ordered 20” or 21” wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭spose

That’s the impression I got as well today. Was kind of said that it’s just part of the delivery cost. Just seems like forcing another thousand on the price. Looking at 19s and low enough mileage too so unlikely to get the benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Has anybody heard anything about updating software to ME3 from a dealer?

I believe it involves changing the 12v battery and a having the workshop install an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭GusGus

just wondering - family member has 222 enyaq 60 ( will get further details ) - bottom line they are not liking it .

they want a petrol hybrid so will look at sorting that .

I don’t kniw much about the Enyaq but he is hoping not to loose too much - personally I’m thinking a private sale but issue will be getting a new car .

any ideas -

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Why are they not liking it? Software issues, range disappointment?

Range is an issue for long journeys

Post edited by GusGus on

• Advertisement

Fair enough. I take it that there is very little mileage on it?

Have they spoken to the dealer to get a price to buy it back? If they are in the market for a new car they could possibly do some sort of deal.

Is it on finance? PCP/HP?

Best bet would be to try a few Skoda Dealers that would give good money for such a fresh trade in. Enyaq 80 has way more range than the 60 if their only issue with the car is range anxiety. It would be difficult to sell privately unless they’re prepared to take a big hit on it.

There is a few 1000 only - no finance on it . Haven’t spoken to dealer yet - suspect they will just take advantage of them( again) - might try a different garage with a suitable hybrid or just go private sale

Yeah if not keen on same dealer would ring around a number of other Skoda Dealers as Joe has advised.

Have they a particular petrol hybrid in mind?

No but was suggesting - sportage, Tucson or Kuga to them

not sure if Skoda have anything suitable tbh

Would the Kia Xceed Phev be too low for them? It is a crossover based on the Ceed. Would be cheaper than the three you mention in PHEV.

It sounds like they want a PHEV, all the joys of an EV for urban driving with no range anxiety.

Pretty sure Skoda don't do a PHEV SUV.

Ye I think too low - was thinking of the Niro either -

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

is there still a long wait time for one of these enyaq's?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

What issue did they have with the range?

I have one and go from Ballina to Dublin on a full charge, probably 70km to spare. Keep to 110km/h on the motorway

• Advertisement

Not really, last I heard there’s Mid February build slots available and dealers are also ordering in some for stock. Should be a good few registered next March/April ahead of the grant being cut.

Advertisement