Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Enyaq

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭binhead

Hi folks,

General enquiry about the Enyaq, we are hoping to order this coming week but have been told the wait time for an 80 is a year but the 60 could be 4-6 months. I would have been opting for an 80 just because the range is bigger but the price difference is substantial and we can't wait a year so can I ask anyone on here with a 60, do you like it? I'm thinking the shorter range won't really bother us most of the time. any other major differences between the two?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭doyle7

I had the 60 for 6 months until my 80 arrived and I have to say that during the November/December period the 60 wasn't great for range. Found myself driving in the cold so the range would stay at a decent level. Locally was fine but if I needed to drive down the country early mornings then the return would beba cold anxious one. The charging network isn't good enough to drive worry free in my opinion. I have the 80 since mid December and it's a much better experience when having to drive a good bit. I'd wait if I was you but if price is the factor then you may have no option.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Qwer

It depends on your usage, official range is of 60 is 400km. With differing whether conditions how many days would you travel 300km plus before you return home and is it worth the extra (probably 5k ) to not use a public charger on those days, and will the extra over 100km in the 80 save you having to public charge.

everyone has different use patterns/budgets etc so it’s an individual thing , some people rarely use public chargers

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I have an ID.3 so it might not be the same charging hardware. But I have had an issue in the past where the charger would not lock into the car and this would cause slow charging speeds but it would give an error on the dash.

You could hear a solenoid trying to but failing to lock when you put the charger into the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭joe1303l

I’d say wait it out for an 80 or consider buying a fresh used one or demo model. Public charging is too much of a pain to try and manage with a 60 if you need more range especially in Winter. Lots of big battery ID4’s available if you’re not hellbent on an Enyaq.

Thanks for all the answers, lots of info to consider, budget allows for the 80 but the wait time is too long at a year. Also contemplating a Volvo hybrid but that may bring it's own headaches!

More test drives are in order.

Hi,

The price list now is showing the 60 at €43,586 (after grants) and the 80 at €52,250.

Add ons were coming in at almost 11,000 though!

Options list is extensive and expensive. €2K compulsory service pack is the most ridiculous part. Nice cars though and a much more upmarket interior than most other EV’s for similar money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

If price is increasing further the logic tilts massively towards Model Y.

😎

• Advertisement

Agreed but cost to change might be very close if a Skoda dealer wants your trade in. Enyaqs don’t seem to be freely available either, you’ll be in a build queue I suspect if you order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Interesting thought....are we ever getting a "deal" on a trade in? Always feel there is a major premium being "paid" for the luxury of avoiding the hassle of selling yourself. Like 5k min.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭n.d.os

Go for a nice ID4 business mate. Stay away from the first editions. Theres plenty of them on the used market and they are nicer cars than the Enyaq. I know youtube will disagree but you get much better lights front and rear and on the road, the Enyaq looks like any other car. I know the ID4 styling is divisive but it has a much better road presence in the flesh. Go for the larger battery all day long. The smaller battery in the VAG cars has a low range for a main car. If you want to save money on a smaller battery with a bit more range, look at a Polestar standard edition or an entry model Y. Lastly, don't buy an Enyaq on the used market. They are way overinflated at the moment when you take into consideration the grant on a new one. The ID4 seems to be better priced for a 1-year-old car.

I’d agree that a used ID.4 is way better priced than a used Enyaq and you’ll have lots of choice as there is a glut of them for sale. I think the 1st editions are good value though considering the spec on them. Big battery is a no brainer if you can afford it. For me the ID.4 interior though is disappointing for the money. A bit spartan for my liking, some cheap plastics and no full leather available at any price point. Maybe you’d grow into it but I thought VW could have done better. An ID.3 interior seems even worse if you compare it to the MK7.5 Golf it replaced. Curious to know the front headlights on an ID.4 would be better than an Enyaq, are they both not LED ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,274 ✭✭✭✭ted1

No point going for the big battery if you don’t need the range

The ID4 has adaptive LED pretty low down in the range and a nice light bar on the front and back. You have to go way up in the range to get the lED grill on the Enyaq. I love the interior of the ID4. I think it was such a huge departure for VW that it got a lot of stick online but it's good quality apart from the small screen. What baffles me is that the ID4 interior gets so much stick and the Polestar interior so much phrase when both of them have no buttons and haptic on the steering wheel. The materials in the ID4 are better too. The ambient lighting and warning dash light are all lovely extras on the ID4 and it's just a nice place to be. Maybe just a bit too different for some but side by side with a Q4 you get much nicer seats and tech lower down the range. I've always loved the ID4 through. Everyone is different.

Given the mess that is the public charging network, I think that is a very short term view. As battery technology etc improves the current crop of small battery EV’s will become the equivalent of early model leafs at the moment. It’ll be a very limited market. In the longer term, EV’s with decent range will be whats wanted. Degradation also needs to taken into account over the life of the vehicle.

A light up grille or light bar wouldn’t influence me as long as a car has decent headlights for night driving on unlit roads. Q4 interior is shockingly poor for the money especially with cloth seats. I’m not familiar with the polestar interior but I think you’ll be impressed if you sit in an Enyaq. If not as you say, each to their own.

I think the Enyaq is lovely, particularily the interior. Don't get me wrong. The wait times are just very long and they are too expensive on the used market as a result. It's just worth looking at a nice Id4. Mine is over a year old and it's great. I also ordered a new Polestar 10 days ago and I'm picking it up this week. Lightning-fast delivery if you wanted to consider something different. I get though that the size of the Enyaq is appealing. In terms of the lights, the matrix LEDS on the ID4 are incredible. You can leave your high beams on all the time. Standard LEds on my Audi that is going this week aren't great. Not sure if you get the matrix on the Skoda.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,274 ✭✭✭✭ted1

that’s what PCP is for 😂.

I’ve the 52 KWh ID4 €32,000 , the 77kwh was an extra €14,000.

I’ve done 30,000 in 12 months and from Dublin have been to kerry, Sligo, Donegal, wexford, Waterford, Galway and several other places and range was never and issue . For Kerry there was a 30 minute charge

slow charge when I got to destination via granny charger or type 2

in 2 years time I’ll get a 251 and not have to worry about battery degradation, I’d change if I had the 77kwh version too a I saw the ID range as being gen 1 and hopefully in 2 years they’ll have battery batteries, efficiency and spec etc

• Advertisement

Fair play, sounds like it suits your needs and you obviously overnight on long journeys. You might want to look further into the future of PCP. New wave of Interest rates and rising prices mean the PCP game is over for some. I know of a few people in recent weeks that got quite a shock when they went to rollover their PCP deals. Some are having to buy out their old cars at the end of the term as the new monthly rates aren’t attractive anymore. Most VW’s are now 7.9% on PCP for 231 cars.

Spot on. New PCP deals are insane. I bought a 6-month-old A3 in December and you'd wet the bed if you knew how much I'm paying per month. It's going on Thursday thank god. I just couldn't justify the repayments for ICE with petrol costs. I bought a Polestar (coming this week) mainly because the APR rate is so low at 3.9%. It makes a huge difference. It's crazy how much the monthlies are going up on PCPS. You really have to shop around now for a good deal and look at new emerging brands to get anything relatively affordable. I bought an ID4 early last year as our family car. We got in just in time before the prices shot up and the monthlies are good on it. I hope something changes in the car market over the next three years. Even used cars are too expensive at the moment. Bring back VW 0% APR I say.

Matrix is standard on the sportline Enyaq, on the regular one, it’s standard led’s only unless you option matrix as part of some pack that costs a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭mun1

You need to balance between paying too much for a bigger battery and getting a battery that suits your needs.

i had an Audi Q4 77kwh battery but poor efficiency on motorway

i am collecting a MY LR next monday and am paying €5k premium for a 30% increase in battery size , which I think is worth it as i do a lot of motorway driving .

if i didnt do a lot of motorway driving then I wouldn’t have gone for the bigger battery.

Is the 77kw not the biggest battery on the q4?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Skoda must be looking to shift on existing orders, they're offering 0 percent finance now for 36 months on the 60 and 80 that are stock (not new orders) from now till 31st July.

Decent deal that tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

Is that not just the coupe?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I was offered 0% on a 'standard' Enyaq today - think it's just the Sportline model.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,861 ✭✭✭Soarer

Yeah.

Sportline 60. Black. 0% PCP over 3 years.

• Advertisement

Great Finance Deal. Makes sense as VW have been pushing ID.4/ID.5’s hard for several weeks now. Most Skoda Dealers seem to have a few 60 models in stock. If you can afford an 80, it’s a better choice as the 60 has quite limited range in winter especially if you have motorway journeys.

Advertisement