Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Enyaq

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭fafy

Good luck with it all, i got an Andersen A2 installed last July, just superb, operationally and so discreet, and no “hose reel” look.

Support was excellent also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

are these selling as well as expected ?

Im not seeing that many around but I suppose they dont especially stand out compared to EV6 or Ioniq 5 etc , very conservative design

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭regedit

236 sold in 2021 and so far in 2022 (Jan-May) 174. Source

Taking into account the manufacturing issues (shortage of wiring looms, semiconductors, COVID-19 etc.), that's very low but I can see signs of improvement as seeing more and more of them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

I was set on buying one, went out and did a test drive. The dealer was kinda confused why I wanted to bother with a test drive, turned out to be because they've got a tonne of back orders so had stopped taking orders earlier in 2022 and Skoda have now closed the dealer ordering portal altogether.

I'm pretty sure if they weren't so supply constrained you'd be seeing a lot more of them around, I preferred it to the ID.4 and much cheaper than the Ariya.

I realise they do sell in reasonable numbers but expectations were high , this car had higher hopes twelve months ago than the EV6 or Ioniq 5 and has not sold as well as the Korean offerings

• Advertisement

Nothing objectively wrong with the Enyaq but I found it quite dull and uninspiring myself , much prefer either of the Koreans

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I'm surprised, I was always under the impression that the Enyaq wasn't going to be a big push for Skoda Ireland. Hyundai and Kia have been pretty big on EVs for a few years now so were always going to be aggressive with pushing the Ioniq 5 and EV 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,271 ✭✭✭✭ted1

They’ve sold every car they are capable of producing. So unless the Koreans have similar back orders they have sold better

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭creedp

Must be my age but I prefer the look of the Enyaq or the Q4 etron than either of the Koreans. Try as I have over the last few months I can't warm to the look of the rear of the EV6. Having said that I would probably buy the Ioniq ahead of the VW offerings for what's under the skin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

Got the call. My enyaq will be here for July. It's being prepared for shipping 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭regedit

Same here.

I've looked at the Enyaq, EV6, Ioniq, ID 4 and Audi Q4 etron.

I thought the exterior look of ID4 was better but in reflection, I think it resembles a soap bar. In my view, Enyaq's interior build is superior to ID4, and the options available, allow for extensive tailoring.

I liked the looks of the Ioniq more than the EV6 but still believe the choice to go with the Skoda was the right one.

Collecting our SportLine on 01 July and will share pics when we collect

Post edited by regedit on

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭kevin101

Hi all. My Enyaq is due for delivery soon as was built last week. Has anyone purchased the extended 5 year (150,000km) warranty for €671 which extends warranty from 3 to 5 years. Battery has a 8 year warranty regardless. Is this something you can buy on delivery of car or should it have ordered at time of placing order. Can you purchase the extended warranty after 3 years of ownership. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Test drove an Enyaq at the weekend. Unfortunately my wife decided it would be a good idea to check out the Kodiaq sport line in the showroom before we got into the Enyaq. Obviously the Enyaq was a step down from that and so she was a bit disappointed by it.

We’ve still to check out a few other EVs but I am looking at the Enyaq sport line now too. Unfortunately the 80 just sits under the grant threshold so the options there would be 80 with no extras or the 60 with all the extras we want. She seems to think getting the 60 is a waste of time though as the resale value will drop far more than the 80. I’m not so sure myself. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Are all Enyaq’s coming from the factory now loaded with the new ME3 (latest version) software or the older software?

thanks

I believe so, from other threads I've read. Collecting mine on Friday after 10months wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,271 ✭✭✭✭ted1

did she drive both ? The EV is a nicer drive.

the only reason you’ll have a better resale value on the 80 is because it costs more to begin with.

there’s a much larger market in the cheaper end of the market Than the higher end

Yeah I figured as much. And the range on the 60 is more than good enough for the vast majority of people in the country. The problem is that if we go 80 and the options we want it’s basically the same price as the 60 sport line with the same options.

She only sat into the Kodiaq, didn’t drive it. It isn’t an option for us at all as we are looking to go EV or PHEV at the very least. She just loved the sense of space and the comfort inside it. She felt she was on top of the steering wheel a bit in the Enyaq.

We had also tried out the Ioniq 5 and the space in the cabin was noticeably different, although I didn’t find it a comfortable or particularly pleasant cabin to be in. It’s a nicer drive than the Enyaq though. Both the space and drive made the Enyaq a bit of a disappointment for her. Although I was quite happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm looking at getting the sportline 60. Doing a comparison using Skoda's own tool it seems the only difference between the base sportline 60 and the standard 60 is some small interior/exterior stylings and 20" alloys as standard on the sportline 60. Crystal grill isn't even an option on the sportline 60 either for some reason. The sportline is nearly 5k extra over the standard 60, am I missing something or is that right?

Sportline has the Matrix headlights, sports leather seats and a few extra packs. Not worth €5k over the basic model imo. I would nearly go with a basic 80 over a Sportline 60 for an extra €1.5k.

Saying that - the Sportline does look great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 BundE34

The sportline comes with the light & view pack, the Convenience pack, drive sport pack and 20" vega alloys. These alone are €3500 worth of optional extras. On top of that you get the leather/suede sport seats and matching interior, you get the sportline exterior which consists of colour coded bumpers & side skirts and a few black trims. We picked up our Enyaq last month, we went with an iV 60 sportline, because the options it came with were ones I would have spec'd anyway. We could have got a base iv80 for much the same money, but the 60 has plenty of range for us and the looks alone of the sportline over a standard Enyaq made it worth it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭whatchagonnado

Right, I've booked a Production slot. Will get an order date in the Autumn/Winter.

Going for an iV80 (do i actually need it?).

To those already with one, what else do I need/not need?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I have the ID4 which is essentially the same car is the Enyaq. Must say it's the first time I've heard of anyone disappointed by the interior space - most regard it as very spacious! On 60 vs 80 - it's up to yourselves but, as a long time EV owner (ID4 77kWh is my third), you'll never regret having a bigger battery!

Compared to the Ioniq 5 the cabin space in the Enyaq is smaller. But it is a much more comfortable cabin.

The range thing is more about the cost. If we get the sport line then we could get the 80 with nothing else, not even a change in paint, in order to stay under grant. We could get everything we want on the sport line 60 or the base 80. So that’s really the decision we need to make. Sport line with less range or no sport line with the max range. We’d rather the longer range but the OH has got her heart set on the sport line interior.

I would have said the interior on the Ioniq 5 is better than the Enyaq. Was far better value for money as well.

Really? I didn’t like it at all. I thought it felt cheap and just wasn’t comfortable at all. There was some clear staining on the sears too that looked like it was from rain. Couldn’t be arsed dealing with that. I felt the Enyaq was a lot more comfortable and less plasticey, but it was the suite trim so maybe the standard loft isn’t as nice.

We went from a 2021 Sportsline Karoq to the Ioniq 5 Executive Plus and the Ioniq is far better interior wise so far. More space and more comfortable seats. Ride is better as well.

I know the Enyaq interior is different to the Karoq but there are lots of similarities we spotted when we test drove it.

I really like the look of the Enyaq from the front but not gone on the boot. The wife loved the look of it but when we compared prices we were getting a lot more for our money from the Ioniq.

The Ioniq is 100% a better drive and has more space inside. It’s obviously just a personal preference but when I sat into the Enyaq after being in an Ioniq I immediately said “yep, this is much more comfortable”. The Ioniq just wasn’t for me at all. We’re going to test drive an Enyaq sport line in the next 4-6 weeks when the dealer gets one in. We’ll see how we feel about that then.

After 10months of a wait got my Skoda enyaq iv 60. Was worth the wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Looks great! Enjoy it and drive safe.

Advertisement