Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Enyaq

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭micks_address

i got a cancellation on an id4 recently and i was given the price before it went up. They supposed to be going up 7 percent or something on cars built after week 20.. did you pay a deposit on the car? they should honour the price if money was paid down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭chabsey

Can someone explain BIK to me as I thought I understood how it's applied but then just called a dealership about an Enyaq and they told me something totally different. So, my understanding was that currently if you bought an EV up to the value of 50k you paid no BIK, the govt plans to drop this over the coming years (35K in 2023, 25K in 2024 and 10K in 2025).

So what I understood was that if you bought an Enyaq for 50k this year you paid no BIK, ever. But according to the dealership the guy told me that if it's changing to 35k next year then it affects all EV drivers who are driving company cars irrespective when they bought.

I'm sure they're right as my grasp of this stuff is tenuous to say the least but this does strike me as an increasingly crap deal for company car drivers. Yes, it's better than no BIK exemption but does it really apply to all company car EV drivers no matter what year they bought?

Means my urgency with buying this year drops off a cliff and my potential interest in an EV does as well - if, over the course of the next few years the BIK exemption is going to be eroded then it makes it a lot less attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭eltoastero

there's a thread on BIK on company owned EVs already: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2057804824/bik-on-evs/p17

The dealer is correct in what he/she's saying (regardless of when the car was first registered), I outlined the rising costs using my own car (€60k OMV) as an example:

2022 (€50k limit): Monthly BIK Charge: €60k - €50k = €10k "BIKable", 30% of €10k per year = €3000 BIK charge per year, €250 (gross)

2023 (€35k limit): Monthly BIK Charge: €60k - €35k = €25k "BIKable", 22.5% of €25k per year = €5625 BIK charge per year, €469 (gross)

2024 (€20k limit): Monthly BIK Charge: €60k - €20k = €40k "BIKable", 22.5% of €40k per year = €9000 BIK charge per year, €750 (gross)

2025 (€10k limit): Monthly BIK Charge: €60k - €10k = €50k "BIKable", 22.5% of €50k per year = €11250 BIK charge per year, €937.50 (gross)

so..... yeah, I'll be transferring my car into my own name before 2024. I expect many will have the same view as you chabsey and once the attractiveness of the BIK treatment is gone then people will not pick an EV over a considerably cheaper alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭chabsey

Ah thanks - that's killed that idea so. No point looking at buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭eltoastero

I'm hopeful the change in those rates will be pushed out a year or so given the massive constraint on supply at the moment (in order to keep those who are on the fence interested for another year or two)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,609 ✭✭✭creedp

Not sure it's needed as demand for EVs will exceed supply irrespective of this change.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭doyle7

Has anyone on this forum re euved an email direct from skoda (not dealer) informing them of their vehicle order status?

From reading UK forums they seem to be better updated by skoda themselves.

I have to say the lack of communication over here is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭regedit

It is awful @doyle7

No proactive communication from the local dealer. You need to emil and wait for a few days for a response. Not very professional

Got the call today to say car ready for collection next Friday instead of july/August.

Whilst I'm delighted, it shows that there's a clear fault in communication between skoda and the dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

Which one did you go for?

tbf, its probably the best looking EV on the road at the moment - and the interior is much better than anything other VAG brands can offer - with the exception of the poky little instrument panel.

• Advertisement

Grey Sportline 80. Comfort pack, assistance pack and some other one which I cant remember now it's been that long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

I'd love to get the 80x sportline black. Panoramic Sunroof, Climate Plus, and Convenience Plus Pack are the options I'd go for.

Unfortunately, I think Skoda are pricing the cars too high. They should be about 5k cheaper across the board. And I don't blame the VRT as the root cause of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Wife ordered an Enyaq in November, had been expected in June. Obviously with stoppages & all the goings on the order was put on hold, but she got a call this week to say the car is due for delivery in July. All things considered, an extra month to wait isn’t too bad at all.

Skoda dealer rang me today about delivery of the enyaq. They mentioned that I need to send my MBRN number and electricity provider to them.

I found this a bit of an odd request. Am I wrong or just over suspicious?

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭handpref

It’s so they can process your grant, mprn number - good indication that they expect arrival of your car 👍🏻

Happy days !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Has anybody been signalled a delivery of a 60 iv or sportine?

I hear they have stopped taking orders of them and that they are focusing production on the 80.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭kevin101

Ordered Enyaq 60iv in November for expected July delivery. Obviously delayed but now have a confirmed build week 26 - week starting 26th June with expected delivery early to mid August. So only about a 6 week delay which isn’t bad considering.

I ordered end of November, expected July. Rang the other day but was told no build week assigned.

Seen online they are prioritising the 80 range and have stopped taking orders on the 60.

Decided to cancel and go with the BZ4X, managed to get one for July. Couldn't wait any longer for the Enyaq, even though we preferred it, having only one car when we need two forced the hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I don't think I'd buy that Toyota over the Enyaq.

I prefer the Enyaq, but can't wait potentially till the new year or even longer.

Also the spec with the BZ4X vs the Enyaq is approx 5k cheaper and an extra 13kwh worth of battery.

• Advertisement

It's smaller than the Enyaq though isn't it? And it charges much slower.

If it was me I wouldn't buy without some reviews and usage data on the car. Toyota are a company who were dead set against EVs and one of the biggest lobby groups around. Car could be very good but it's hard to trust them on this one.

Enyaq is about 1cm wider and 1cm taller.

BZ4X is 5cm longer. So much the same, cabin seems similar in size but I havent had a chance to test.

On the one I've ordered the charging is standard 32A AC and 150kW DC. Not sure on the charging curve on the model I will get but honestly I don't think it will bother me either way, I'm driving a 24 leaf the past 6 years and rarely need to do a long trip and when I do the battery could get me where I need to and destination charge.

I know I'm taking a risk getting it but really need a 2nd car and my stubbornness won't let me get an ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BundE34

We picked up our iv60 sportline 2 weeks ago. Absolutely thrilled with it, I don't think we will ever go back to an ICE for the family car again and this is coming from a petrol head. They're just effortless to drive, the peferct appliance for family transport.

But I must say the communication was terrible, not once were we contacted with an update, not even to say the car was delivered. Then had to wait nearly two weeks for them to apply for the seai grant before they could register it.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

Hard to imagine anything charges slower than the Enyaq. I love ours but it's the single biggest negative on the car. 50kw charging is not adequate on a 80kw battery

Oh I completely forgot Skoda charged extra for faster charging.

We just got rid of 2021 Sportsline Karoq for an Ioniq 5 and the Ioniq seems far better value than the Karoq.

There was only basic cruise control, no nav and I don't think it even had LKA on it and it was just under €39K when we bought it new.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭baby fish

the 80 now has up to 125kW DC and 60 now has up to 100Kw DC as standard. The BZ4x has 150 kW fast-charging

It's not so much the max speed though but rather what sort of charging curve it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭kevin101

I think 80 now has 135 kW DC charging and 60 has 125 kW DC charging as standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭YellowRattle

Sure is going to be difficult in years to come when buying a second hand EV nailing down the specs and options.

You can see someone years down the road buying an Enyaq and surprised at their car’s slow charging speed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭regedit

Got a call from the dealer on Wednesday. Enyaq SportLine 80 which we ordered on 12 Nov is on the ship and should be here in a couple of days. Probably in the country in 5 days and then an extra week for all paperwork to be sorted. Dealer proposed we wait until 01 July to get a 222 to which we agreed.

In the meantime, Andersen EV charger was installed the other day. Oustanding is only the car!

Advertisement