Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wimp list ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Vets TT in Kilcock this morning. Dodged the rain by a few minutes i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Saw MBs post. Wimped kinda, 50min turbo and 50min run

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,749 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

standing in the driveway, about to head off and i just copped a mist starting to roll in...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭secman

Not as much wimping... but got a very bad bout of Vertigo yesterday morning, jeez i wouldn't wish it on anyone not even Louis Walsh 😉 No idea when i can get back on the bike ☹

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,749 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ear infection?

just checked the traffic cameras, going to head back out.

• Advertisement

Not an ear infection, its like trying to walk whilst on a boat in a force 9 and the motion sickness in bucket loads..🤢

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I was out in the mist in howth this morning. I didn't have lights as it was fine in Glasnevin, and someone nicked my see.sense light on monday when I was in the shop for all of 5 mins.

The wife had vertigo last year. Nasty stuff altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Can't believe this isn't popular this morning!

Our regular Tuesday club spin was thankfully cancelled on Sunday so I'm very much on the Wimp List. Think I'll have to put weights on the dog if I bring her for a walk later 🦮

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭billyhead

I was out on the bike earlier. Only a short commute to the gym for an hour on a spin bike. This is in Dublin. The wind wasn't too bad but got soaked in the rain which has now subsided.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I'm looking at the window now, I've to go from Inchicore to Fitz Place, I shall be taking the Luas. I got blown up the street when I went for coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Walked to work and back, an hour each way today. I was really hoping to be back on the bike tomorrow (in Dublin), but it looks like it’ll be walking and then a cross city taxi for me, with that wind 😠

met eireann claims 54km/h wind in dublin at the moment on the northside.

Now granted it's only 7 km for me, but that was fine after 8.30. schools being shut made for a pleasant no traffic experience

warnings of heavy fog likely for dublin, meath, westmeath, kildare, offaly and longford tonight, lasting well into late morning tomorrow:

https://www.met.ie/warnings/today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭De Bhál

lashing rain and I have the option of car or bike for my 5km commute, car it is, for the first time in over two years.

June 2022 has been very poor, always a very stiff breeze with regular enough rain. Wear you out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭tnegun

I braved it this am and go soaked I wish I could wimp out for the way home the trees are almost horizontal out there now!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I brought 2 changes of gear and a towel in my bag today, certainly wasn't as bad as I was lead to believe but was glad of the towel when I got in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,915 ✭✭✭cletus

I'm currently wimping out. Yesterday was a lovely day, would have been perfect for a spin, but I had stuff to do all day long.

Planned out a nice spin for this morning, was really looking forward to it. Go up at 7.15, and it was spilling rain, with the forecast giving rain for the rest of the day.

Can't bring myself to go out in it. Gonna boil the kettle and have a cup of tea

I was supposed to have been doing a charity cycle today but it was postponed due to the weather forecast. Barely spitting really in Dublin.

Garage for me today, luckily got a nice 108km spin in yesterday and caught up with a few Dub cycling buddies on a new route for me. Headed over to Dunsaney, Summerhill, and around to see the 3 or more "finishing" lines of the IVCA racing routes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭devonp

Train this morning ☔️☔️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

My 3 year old is the wimp.

We were at the door to go in the car and the rain eased.

5 year old and myself decided we'd chance the bikes. Youngest braced for a big strop and I took the easy route. I am also a wimp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Logging in as WIMPs on behalf of the MNSCC Thursday Touring Group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭De Bhál

good day to cycle in Dublin city once you have the correct rain gear. Traffic at a standstill on the northside and no doubt everywhere else. some extreme red light breaking going on by drivers at the junction of Ballymun road and Collins avenue

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I cycled into work today. The rain for the first half of the 13km journey was heavy but during the second half it became torrential (so much for Met Eireann's expected 1.8mm!). Plenty of standing water along the way but what made it worse was the number of drivers on the Ballyowen Rd in Lucan that sped along the 24/7 bus lane beside me without a care in the world.

When I got to work, I found that the rain had leaked into my backpack and then through the plastic shopping bag that my clothes were in and I'm now wearing a shirt that is wet on one side and dry on the other 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I looked out the window after getting up and said "nope", not cycling 30k in that.

I did cycle to the Dart station, though that's only 5 mins.

I'm now wearing a shirt that is wet on one side and dry on the other

as long as the side that's dry is the inside and the side that's wet is the outside...

Traffic is at a standstill making for some absolutely barmy and downright dangerous driving.

One person drove half the length of ballymun road in the bus lane indicating left. Which left was anyone's guess.

I'd say every second junction I went through had someone blocking it and not a set of lights was passed that wasn't broken which is even dumber in those conditions.

I've grown to accustomed to how good disc brakes are too that I had to allow a bit more time for braking on the newly set up rim brakes.

Anyway, my rain gear did the job. I have surfing overshorts that are extremely light but keep my shorts quite dry, and a santini guard jacket which I keep saying I'll sell but it works.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Ah it's all dry now, inside and out. 👍

My cycling gear on the other hand is still soaked

Post edited by Seth Brundle on

• Advertisement

the cycle lanes on griffith avenue are full of water and leaves. (not that i cycled)

Advertisement