Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wimp list ...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Weepsie wrote: »
    I've all the good raingear in the world, I just hate cleaning my bike.

Lower headset bearing seems particularly prone to suffering in the ****e weather
    just passed you about 15 mins ago (i was in the car though).
    hopefully you didn't get caught by the same heavy shower that hit just as i got home.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

just passed you about 15 mins ago (i was in the car though).
    hopefully you didn't get caught by the same heavy shower that hit just as i got home.

I got caught in 2 though none as heavy as the last few 30 mins. Had the shakedry on so wasn't too bothered by the rain.

Might be purely imagination, but I felt roads were a bit cleaner after the showers and less crud on bike

• Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭C3PO

Got lucky today - went out at about 1.00pm for a couple of hours and it stayed dry and the sun even shone for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Bloody weather app on iPhone is useless it forecasted absolutely no rain today on Dublin. It posted all day and they haven’t even updated to reflect actual rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

31km Today.

Go away, loser.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

met eireann are now forecasting no precipitation for north dublin (specifically, the airport) between now and thursday afternoon.
    seems they're pushing out the expected arrival of the snow:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/more-than-5cm-of-snow-forecast-for-much-of-ireland-on-thursday-1.4478208

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

At this time of year cleaning the bike is essential, last week i went straight out the day after a weather beaten cycle and the grinding of the bike and performance had me turning around and heading home
    Im looking to find a new route, something that takes me out of Dublin with decent roads..
    Id normally do a north Dublin bay cycle and back into the city via airport or up to ballboyden past tallaght for the inclines. Both routes are decent with little pothole zones..
    Does anyone have some guidance? Maybe a route to Drogheda or wexford. Long term goal is to get to Galway but not shre if i have that willpower just yet

you're out of luck right now with the 5km restriction unfortunately.

Goal is for the summer when the restrictions 'hopefully' are lifted..
    I will pick up some extra tubes and oils ahead of the march lift, i just dont have the mental capacity to fix a puncture on the side of the road

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭dahat

All set then opened front door to east wind & rain, looked across at a clean bike then hung it back up.

2.5hrs on the turbo, am I just gone soft at this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭cletus

dahat wrote: »
    All set then opened front door to east wind & rain, looked across at a clean bike then hung it back up.

At least you're getting on the turbo. I looked out the door, then went back into the kitchen and put the sausages in the pan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

All set then opened front door to east wind & rain.....

2.5hrs on Turbo is hard core too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

big nope today, I wouldnt had enjoyed that weather at all, went to the park and did some running

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

am I just gone soft at this stage?
    Yes, yes you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Looked out at a pole that has a plastic bag caught up in it, the bag was blowing around like crazy, decided it wasn't for me today. Back to bed, and dont feel one but guilty.

Theres always tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,639 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Goal is for the summer when the restrictions 'hopefully' are lifted..
    I will pick up some extra tubes and oils ahead of the march lift, i just dont have the mental capacity to fix a puncture on the side of the road
    You still have to be ready to change a tube by the side of the road, including checking for thorns or whatever buried into the tyre.
    bazermc wrote: »
    Bloody weather app on iPhone is useless it forecasted absolutely no rain today on Dublin. It posted all day and they haven’t even updated to reflect actual rain.

Accuweather Minutecast assured me that there was 'no precipitation for 120 minutes' this morning. As it took the bike out of the shed, it started spitting, and kept coming on and off for an hour or two.

A few flakes of snow or hail out there this evening.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

No outdoors for me this weekend though an hour on the turbo this evening. Hopefully tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭fat bloke

smacl wrote: »
    No outdoors for me this weekend though an hour on the turbo this evening. Hopefully tomorrow..

Ditto.

Absolute write off of a weekend :(:(

I was out on the beater to pick up a few bits and was instantly reminded that jeans are the worst thing you can wear on a cold day especially on a bike. Wind nearly cut me in two. My top half was grand with a vest jumper and softshell jacket but my legs and thighs especially were hurting with the cold wind and we've colder to come !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

Took Saturday as a rest day. Regretting it now. Skipped today as it looked too windy to be in anyway enjoyable. Next 2 days don’t look too much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭secman

Wimped out today , woke up with a sore throat and a stiff neck :(.
    But glad I ventured out yesterday, managed a 75km in miserable weather.
    This week coming not looking the May West :(

Will anyone make it out in that weather today..
    Even with the early start to my day im a little cautious getting out in that later this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 8,220 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Combination of arctic wind, forecast of snow and no traffic meant the car was the obvious choice this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Pretty cold wind today in Dublin this morning would not be a pleasant commute Good luck to the Hardy souls having to do it .

I've to head into the office for about 15 mins. I'll be on the bike longer than I'll be there. Not sure I'm looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Weepsie wrote: »
    I've to head into the office for about 15 mins. I'll be on the bike longer than I'll be there. Not sure I'm looking forward to it.

I walked out for coffee, I had intended going to the park at lunchtime but feck it. Going to give my OH a good hiding instead. (Gloves, mouthguards etc and reality is she'll probably win over 5 rounds of sparring)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Ended up in a meeting (that should have been an email) thtpugh lunch and considering removing myself from the wimp list

With the cross breeze i tried to keep my ride short, ended up in phoenix park and as i was coming toward the garda HQ i get a flat, was going to get a taxi back but walked back as its not impossible..
    Monday like that give mondays there bad name.
    Also, that snow/hale was like something scratching the face

I didn't think it was all that cold

• Advertisement

i was hoping to get out but got tied up with work, hope to get out tomorrow. forecast for dublin is dry for the next few days anyway.

Advertisement