Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wimp list ...

Options
1737475767779»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Maynooth, it was like an ice rink until 11am, the fog never lifted yesterday and it rained/drizzled on and off all night which froze on contact!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Well, it finally happened, I cracked. Getting off the train my partner was sending me videos of the wind (although it seemed fine at the station). I was just so wrecked, I went to my daughters house instead as she was closer and stole her van. Wasn't even windy when I got home but I think I am overtired as even the hill up to my daughters place felt like climbing a mountain, I could barely turn over the pedals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭secman

Think previous post should be in "Van Stolen" thread 😀

In my defense, I returned the van and am now facing payback of hard labour tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭De Bhál

add me to the list.

Milling rain and sleet in north Dublin city this morning. Got soaked on Tuesday and wasn't in the mood for that again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Headed in to the office this morning. Traffic on the N4 past Lucan and also on the Outer Ring Road was brutal so it felt great passing them all despite getting soaked. The air con in this place will have my clothes nice and dry for when I head home and get soaked again.

Having got a puncture yesterday evening (on a tubeless front wheel), the new tube seems to have a slow puncture. As suddenly does my rear tube (tubeless setup on it was abandoned a few months back). I reckon using cycle lanes on the spin towards tallaght did it 🤬

Post edited by Seth Brundle on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Lad, passed some amount of stationary cars today on me bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Got to the end of my lane that was flooded this morning, at least a metre deep. I just couldn't be arsed, I went home and worked from home, the days of lifting a bike over my head to wade through puddles are long over.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭alentejo

I do admit cycling past all the stationary cars on my commute this morning took some of the sting out of the awful weather!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Yeah and I rarely use them but traffic on the Outer Ring tends to be moving a little too fast for my liking sometimes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Today was my WFH day anyway..felt pretty smug.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yes and in a 60km zone to boot. The ORR has the problem of a suspended bus lane that all the gobsh1tes like to use as an overtaking lane hence going well above the 60 to get past. My route to work is Tallaght via the ORR too but I wimped out yesterday myself. Had astro in the evening as a solid excuse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭cletus

Got up at 7, had a bowl of cereal, looked out at the wind that was blowing, went back to bed.

Might try again later.

It was a very cold easterly wind indeed 🥶

Cycled down to the shop for some groceries. It hasn't improved...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭De Bhál

nope, not today. wet and miserable in Dublin. Couldn't handle all the hassle of another soaking.

Good morning to drive with schools off anyway

It was so f*cking cold, shorts were a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭MangleBadger

Galibier Mistral bib tights were definitely the right call but hands were like blocks of ice by the end of my spin. Headwind too

Had a spin in mind this morning, but the wind is so strong the barbeque is walking around the back yard.

Said I'd leave it off till tomorrow...

• Advertisement

Was waiting for someone to wimp out before me , club spin called off here. fairly gusty all the same, bad enough with dodgy drivers without adding winds and especially crosswind which can be hard to totally eliminate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Stayed in today some fairly strong Gusts of wind out here around Dunboyne thought better not to chance it ,have seen two out during my walk but no groups I would think will venture out .

Advertisement