Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wimp list ...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

well, that's a no from me this morning. snowy hail falling almost horizontally in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Really have to get a route in soon. Its too easy putting it off when it is like this..

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

After complaining in the "What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ..." thread that my turbo trainer was still waiting to be collected by the couriers in Spain it magically arrived this morning, delivered by not GLS but DHL.
    Either way it looks like I'm joining the wimp list for the next while. Once I have cleaned my bike enough that the wife allows it inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭C3PO

Working from home today so went out at lunchtime. 32kms around Rathmichael, Kilternan and Enniskerry - surprisingly pleasant .... once my hands warmed up!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Very much in here today. I almost did it, but I was cold inside my flat and just put on the heating again and got under a blanket on the couch with a pot of tea instead :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I was doing well during the recent sh1t weather but today I buckled. I've enough of that stiff easterly wind. So I mounted the bike on the turbo for the first time this month and did an hour.

I even decided earlier that I wouldn't walk the dog after dinner as it's baltic outside. But no sooner had the dinner finished and she was looking up at me and bouncing at the door........ I didn't have it in me to disappoint her so we went out for an hour.

Its cold but u will get out there today..
    Determined

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I would normally have chanced commuting the past few days but I’ve been doing mad double/split shifts which I start at 5 and end at 23.30(ish) on a good night. On the last one now and wouldn’t have been fit to look at the bike, no matter what the weather is doing

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Thread will be chock a block looking at this weekends forecast.

I went out for 30km this afternoon and it was grand and glad I did as between the checkpoints that have been around town over the last week and the weather traffic was very very light. Wind completely disappeared too and roads were dry almost.

Looking at the next few days makes me even more glad I went out today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

was just out in the back garden, and it's the driest i've seen it in months. that's a really dry wind.

Days with light haze should not lean you toward putting your cycle off it should encourage you to know there could be tougher rides ahead..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

That wsa some commute in, ran out of gears on the CX bike and ended up freewheeling behind a bin lorry on the brakes as I kept rolling upto it. The commute home I expect will not be as pleasant

CramCycle wrote: »
      That wsa some commute in, ran out of gears on the CX bike and ended up freewheeling behind a bin lorry on the brakes as I kept rolling upto it. The commute home I expect will not be as pleasant

I'll bet the smell will be more pleasant!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I was not arsed today. Completed a project today that I've been on since the day I started in this company last year, kinda surreal to close it off and it kinda had me in an odd mood, it's also 'Fat Thursday' which is a Polish tradition and my OH filled me with cake and donuts

I was not arsed today. Completed a project today that I've been on since the day I started in this company last year, kinda surreal to close it off and it kinda had me in an odd mood, it's also 'Fat Thursday' which is a Polish tradition and my OH filled me with cake and donuts

Yeah we have that here too, name day is another one. Gas when I was living in the Balkans name day is like another birthday and everyone knows when they come up and buy you a beer but when it's your actual birthday you are the one who is expected to buy beers and bring sweets to be left out at work.

I am so here for Fat Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭dahat

A polish colleague enlightened me of this on Thursday and after a few not so subtle hints arrived back after lunch with a box of polish type doughnuts. These were huge sugar glazed with jam inside, absolutely murdered one with a coffee.

We need to engage with this polish custom next year!

dahat wrote: »
      A polish colleague enlightened me of this on Thursday and after a few not so subtle hints arrived back after lunch with a box of polish type doughnuts. These were huge sugar glazed with jam inside, absolutely murdered one with a coffee.

Next year? I thought this was a weekly phenomenon :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

For the first time in awhile, got up this morning, had a coffee, then a packet of biscuits and then decided it was not a day for me.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

dahat wrote: »

my mum used to make them . paczki.

bought ones still dont do it for me.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

bought ones still dont do it for me.
      Superquinn / SuperValu jam donuts FTW!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Too blowy for me for the last couple of days, a bit of turbo today and hopefully longer session tomorrow. Worse ways than spending some time than turbo VR with audible on in background but looking forward to getting back outside.

smacl wrote: »
      Too blowy for me for the last couple of days, a bit of turbo today and hopefully longer session tomorrow.

Same here. That wind has ground me down over the last week.

Turbo yesterday, today and tomorrow by the looks of it. I need to be fed, watered and dunged out before the rugby at 3pm.

Monday looks more promising for heading outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Superquinn / SuperValu jam donuts FTW!

Tasty Treats in Ballyfermot is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Severe Winds and rain here so another day off the bike. Less then 200km so far this year where as last year I think i had about 1000km according to Strava. Hopefully next weekend no wind warnings as i bought some nice rain gear recently so determined to get back out there nd HTFU!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Managed 20'ish KM on Saturday. Real feel was minus 10 apparently, and it was windy, very windy.
      Last 5km were very tough, and scary. Nearly blown off the bike a few times.

https://www.strava.com/activities/4778631184

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Managed to do 22k today, had planned to get to 40k but my legs were sapped of energy and decided to call it early.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Just stuck my head out the door, lashing rain and very windy. Turbo later methinks.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭secman

A couple of ducks at the door just now trying to get shelter :)
      no bicyclette today

Advertisement