Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Zack Gibson looks so different without the beard.

That Battle Royal showed how stupid the rules of a Battle Royal can be. And the QR Code teased arrival was kinda underwhelming and oddly just had me noticing Io's absence more.

Funny this week, Roxanne talking about Cora disrespecting the tag titles yet how much respect for everyone else show by letting the belt stay in the trash for a whole week? And Alundra Blayze turns up to make a match with Roxanne having no problem handing over her title.

Didn't realise Brooks Jensen is Bull Buchanan's son.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

And I thought I was the only one who posted in this thread.

I like Thea's enthusiasm, though Andre and Bodhi seems to suffer because of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Cotts72

They are slowly building her up to take Mandys title IMO but she is shocking.. Even her vignettes/interviews are cringe

They'd be crazy to give her the title. Could see her being possibly given a midcard women's title at most, as she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Nikitas 22, less than a year in and nearly all her matches have been on live tv, she's perfectly fine for where she is but I'm afraid she'll get horribly exposed in the tag tournament and be marked for life.

An NXT tag title run with a veteran worker would be the making or breaking of her.

Yeah not sure what the thinking for having her in the tournament is. Might be something we could expect from Vince but I would assume HHH wouldn't do it. Unless they decide to hold that match on NXT.

Setting up for a new Worlds Collide with UK ones showing up and Vic even saying about "Worlds colliding".

Though they went and spoiled the NXT UK title tournament since the champion showed up. So ruined it for the 5 people that watch.

So going by that, Worlds Collide must be happening soon and couldn't wait for the tournament to end before starting the build.

The ones who showed up were:

• The 3 members of Gallus attacking Diamond Mine and confronting the NXT UK Tag champs Briggs & Jensen.
    • Blair Davenport, fka Bea Priestley, who tore up an InDex Forever drawing Indi had just received.
    • The NXT UK Champion confronting the NXT Champion.

Probably have more show up next week. Maybe Meiko Satomura.

We've been having multiple NXT ones on NXT UK recently but seemed more like just a visit than the invasion this feels like.

• Advertisement

NXT UK RIP, you were a thing that existed.

NXT 2.0 was in major need of new energy, each new wrestler having some silly back story vignettes to setup a new character had to go. Focus on the wrestling like the back and gold once did

The focus on the wrestling that saw it get hockeyed in the ratings by AEW, forcing it to move nights and failed to produce a single star?

NXT 3.0 Hunters second go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭ThePott

We won't fully know NXT is back under HHH until Poppy shows up

I hope Tiffany Stratton gets a mega push purely because the gimmick and her presentation will annoy people.

#BimboNation.

It also beat AEW on some occasions. Wwe failed to market it properly as a 3rd brand so was always treated that way budget wise and production wise. Nxt made plenty of stars many of whom are on the main roster and some on the AEW roster coincidentally. But hey if you'd prefer to watch Wendy choo snoozing, be my guest

How long before Hunter brings back Velveteen Dream he already has Devlin on the show despite all the allegations against him and Hunter defended Dream right to the bitter end before he was let go.

A lot of setup for Worlds Collide on September 4th. Bate calling himself the first and last UK Champion. Talk of NXT Europe. Wonder if there's a reason they rushed things. Would there have been any big difference if they waited a few weeks? Maybe just wanted to be on the same weekend as Clash at the Castle.

Charlie Dempsey showed up for Chase U. Meiko Satomura showed up.

I assume the ones showing up will be staying on. Maybe not Meiko.

So Worlds Collid matches so far are:

• Mandy vs Meiko vs Blair in a triple threat unification match.
    • Bron vs Tyler in a title unification match

I expect the tag title unification will be announced next week.

I liked how Waller interrupted Vic and Wade.

Wendy Choo changing gimmick or just preferred not to wear the onesie during her matches? Stratton still a bit green but I liked the match.

And InDex!!!

Legado del Fantasma showing up on Raw or Smackdown soon?

Open challenge issued for the women's tag titles. Wonder who'll step up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Unrequired continuity keeping from the WWE, what is the world coming to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

"Low Budget Miz" go Apollo

After watching Dynamite, I see Worlds Collide is same day as All Out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭ThePott

4 hours earlier before people start going on about counter-booking.

Didn't realise that. Maybe didn't want to go up against All Out. Or maybe set the time to suit this time zone better since NXT UK ones are in there.

9PM our time for anyone wondering.

Depending on what AEW pull out for the main event, world's collide just became the can't miss show this weekend.

The women's division in NXT really needs a shakeup, the likes of zoey stark, nikita lyons and alba fyre are one dimensional, bland and boring

Hopefully there's a few names from NXT UK that can benefit

I wonder if ricochet is heading back to NXT full time

Nice touch having the former champs showing up since 1 of the women's and 1 of the men's titles won't exist after the weekend.

At least 1 of the UK reps has to win, right?

Card so far is (according to wiki):

• Bron Breakker (NXT Champion) vs. Tyler Bate (NXT UK Champion) 
    • Mandy Rose (NXT Women's Champion) vs. Meiko Satomura (NXT UK Women's Champion) vs. Blair Davenport
    • Kayden Carter and Katana Chance (NXT Women's Tag Team Champions) vs. Doudrop and Nikki A.S.H.
    • The Creed Brothers (Brutus Creed and Julius Creed) (NXT Tag Team Champions) vs. Brooks Jensen and Josh Briggs (NXT UK Tag Team Champions) (with Fallon Henley) vs. Pretty Deadly (Elton Prince and Kit Wilson) vs. Gallus (Mark Coffey and Wolfgang) (with Joe Coffey) 
    • Carmelo Hayes (with Trick Williams) (North American Champion) vs. Ricochet

Not sure about Nathan Frazer vs Axiom as it seemed to be implied it was taking place at Worlds Collide but didn't seem to be made official. Maybe on next week's episode. I like how they're playing with the fact that we know who Axiom is under the mask.

While Doudrop and Nikki are Scottish so can represent the UK brand, not sure why they went with Ricochet.

And while it's good to see them in NXT again, I do find it's kind of implying there is no one else to take the spots. Like there's no one there that would go for the NA title?

Oh and is Kiana James the first sexy business woman to have a sexy secretary in WWE?

Nikkita Lyons is anything but one dimensional.

• Advertisement

Just watching this week's NXT UK and they introduced it as the final episode and also stated they were only a few days away from Worlds Collide. So they know that exists and therefore know the matches lined up but then have to pretend they don't know who wins the tournament.

Seems right that Tyler Bate and Trent Seven are the ones to close the final episode.

Also explains why Davenport is part of the women's title match. She won a No. 1 contender's match.

And the closing video

Post edited by CastorTroy on

Advertisement