Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So we're getting a women's breakout tournament though did Lash Legend say she was taking part?

Strange having names changed for ones who've been on pretty regularly, including having big matches. Would've thought they would've waited until a main roster move. At least Walter's change happened pretty much right after moving from UK.

I know I said last week about Nikkita needing work on her promo skills. Roxanne could join her. I know both are young so plenty of time to learn and that's why developmental can be good.

Speaking of young, who would be the youngest male wrestler on NXT? I know Rok-C is 20 and someone in the breakout tournament said she's 19. Seems Brooks Jensen is only 20 as well so maybe he's the youngest. Malik Blade seems quite young as well.

Trying to think who could take Roderick Strong's place in Diamond Mine since seems they could be going separate ways soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Nikita Lyons Vs lash legend is my moty so far. So bad but so good.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Saw on Twitter there were 23 female talents featured on NXT in some capacity last night. Along with the Breakout Tournament that's pretty impressive for a 2 hr show.

It's strange they seem to have a women's lounge where all the women just seem to hang out, as seen when Persia and Indi were talking to Roxanne, though a lot of the women in the background aren't familiar. Maybe will see them during the tournament

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That Breakker/Gacy feud is awful though. They've packaged Gacy like a low rent Bray Wyatt with the druids.

• Advertisement

Wonder where Harland was though since Breakker easily got through all the druids

Devlin or Dragunov to move to NXT with the stipulation for next week's match now being loser leaves NXT UK?

We had Roderick Strong and now Von Wagner with Lash Legend coming to NXT UK.

So Spring Breakin is just an excuse for bikinis (Toxic Attraction) and short shorts (Pretty Deadly).

Didn't hear any mention of Bivens. Just Roddy saying he was the leader.

Then Indi and Duke just having a short bit. Could've at least said something like Dexter and Persia ran off together.

Strange way to end it.

Is it really a breakout tournament when half of them have been on TV almost weekly, including 2 who have been feuding with each other and 1 who even had a title shot at the beginning of the show? Barring outside interference I think 3 to get through were obvious. Not sure about Lash as they've been trying to do something with Tatum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I don't get how Nikkita is a part of it when she's been about for 2months and featured heavily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

2 months is no time and she's only 22.

So they said Nikkita was injured so replaced her in the tournament. So will see how long she's out.

Not sure if they're promoting Thea Hail because they have confidence in her or just because of her age and only finishing school. Though she has been on Level Up.

Card for In Your House this Saturday

• NXT Championship: Bron Breakker (c) vs. Joe Gacy - Breakker can lose the title via DQ
    • NXT Women's Championship: Mandy Rose (c) vs. Wendy Choo
    • NXT North American Championship: Cameron Grimes (c) vs. Carmelo Hayes
    • NXT Tag Team Championship: Pretty Deadly (c) vs. The Creed Brothers - If the Creed Brothers lose, they are out of Diamond Mine
    • NXT Women's Tag Team Championship: Gigi Dolin & Jacy Jayne (c) vs. Katana Chance & Kayden Carter
    • Santos Escobar, Cruz Del Toro & Joaquin Wilde vs. Tony D'Angelo, Troy Donovan & Channing Lorenzo - Losing team joins the winning team's stable

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭hynesie08

There's 3 good matches on there and the rest could be decent, may have to throw eyes on this Sunday morning.

I have to admit, Wendy has embraced her gimmick. Like a more active Orange Cassidy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭ThePott

I had no idea this was even on. God I've really fallen off NXT since the rebrand. Will check it out all the same.

I had been quietly enjoying NXT before Mania but Jesus this Joe Gacy stuff is awful.

Just waiting to see if his hooded guys are actual NXT guys or just a couple of "local talent"

Creed Brothers are well over. Can see them now turning around and making Roderick Strong earn his place in Diamond Mine.

Not sure who'll be next to hold any of the titles. Probably rematches for a couple of them anyway for now.

Mandy has pretty much ran through the competition for the women's title. Probably time for a change of pace there at least.

Similar with the women's tag belts, doesn't feel like there are any remaining options.

Personally I'd like to see Solo Sikoa step up to Bron next though he seems to be going after the North American title. Dunno where Cameron goes from here really. Ditto Gacy.

At least the tag belts feel a bit refreshed.

• Advertisement

Hmmm, there's something different about Apollo. I can't quite place it. 🤔 Just did a Kofi.

Thought they were going to have Pretty Deadly lose in what was basically a handicap match just after being champs. And would've been worse if it was against Andre Chase since he's probably lost more matches than he's won.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I've only seen a clip of her doing it once but Tiffany Stratton's moonsault is picture perfect.

Roxanne and Cora Jade have massive potential if they play the dynamic correctly. Bayley/Sasha vibes from them.

So Jordan Devlin is "Coming soon" as JD McDonagh.

And for those interested, Nikkita Lyons returns next week.

Cameron Grimes seems to be acting like he's fed up going by the half hearted entrance and "to the moon". Though I guess he is a veteran. He must be one of the longest there now.

I enjoy the Chase U bits. Thea seems to be enjoying it as well.

Was thinking that would be the choice Roxanne would make. Though with the No. 1 Contenders match, does that mean she still has the title opportunity to use?

Speaking of women's titles, I think a NA championship equivalent would work for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I'm still confused about waller getting the clean pin on sikoa, weakens his character I felt

Was a clean pin but after hitting an exposed turnbuckle.

NXT UK had a Fatal 4 Way for the vacant tag titles

Was surprised they went with Jensen & Briggs, who are visiting. Probably do double duty now for a while. Unless they lose them again before the new set of tapings ends. Though will have them on 2.0 until the episode they lose them on airs.

So after his release, they seemingly killed off Troy Donovan.

• Advertisement

I knew it would happen at some point but that seemed a rather quick heel turn.

So Joe Gacy's group is known as Schism with the 2 hooded guys being revealed next week.

Liked how Wade posed for Vinci's photo.

Looked like a botch by Indi but they worked well enough to cover and finish. Scary that Indi is considered a NXT veteran at this point. Just mean that in how she's only 25.

Oh and Cora is lucky she didn't try riding that skateboard or she could've been seriously injured.

Advertisement