Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well that Level Up news was right anyway. Starting this Friday.

I find it weird that Grimes has only won the Million Dollar belt. Think he deserves a NA title run.

LA Knight's promos remind me of Austin. I'd say if he was asked that he would say he took some inspiration from him.

And poor Brooks getting friendzoned.

Why do I get the feeling the unbeatable Walter is going to be the pretty beatable Gunther?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Knight is awesome, mad that he was doing Impact and NWA not so long ago. Really deserves this shot.

There's a mixture in his inspiration I think, mostly Rock but definitely a bit of Austin. There's a weird hard sincerity to his promos that was a hallmark of Austin more than Rock.

I noticed the Austin part this week when he started talking with the "Let me talk to you" line. But Rock definitely inspired him as well.

Rock depended more on people to bounce off while Stone Cold was just a pure force and that's how LA comes across, so I'm starting to see the Stone Cold comparison more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Cotts72

LA Knight is made for the main roster,he's the full package but unfortunately knowing Vince within months he would be running around after the 24/7 title in backstage vignettes

• Advertisement

So after having a chat show, which seems to have disappeared, Lash Legend has her in ring debut as part of a seemingly random tag team. It was built up on 205 Live but they seemed to ignore that until Level up, which is where Ivy got her partner.

Speaking of debuts and 205 Live, they changed Nikkita Lyons' ring gear. Though now it looks like a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen.

I'm confused about one thing though. Bron said the NXT event is on Saturday April 2nd but I'm pretty sure there's another small event on that day that people may watch.

Edit: looking online, it seems Stand & Deliver will air at 5pm our time on April 2nd.

Post edited by CastorTroy on

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nikkita Lyons is my new favourite wrestler.

It's mad how big some women look in the division. Like she's only 5'8" yet looks much bigger. And I don't mean it in a negative way

• Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was Barrett promoting his own Only Fans or someone else, didn't see but alot of talk of it online

Hope that's not Ciampa's ring gear going forward.

Expected Solo to beat Walter. He doesn't look as intimidating on NXT as he did on the UK brand.

• Advertisement

A-Kid moving from NXT UK next week.

As for this week's episode

Surprised at the title change.

MSK heel turn coming with the reveal or someone else?

Fair play to Vince or HBK ( whom ever is running NXT now ) to put the title on the up and coming Ziggler

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nikkita Lyons may be the worst actor in wrestling.

But I absolutely don't care.

Was thinking if she got physical with Lash Legend there would've been a malfunction.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

That botch in the main event from Bron, miss timing his spear spot was really bad, granted 3 way matches make it more difficult to remember, but that was shocking. Early days for him anyway, hope he keeps improving.

Nikkita Lyons is 22? Dayumn!

It's a bit mad having the NXT ppv on the same day as the first day of Mania.

Not Lash Legend? She's something else in the wrong way.

They're going to add Dominik to the ladder match, aren't they?

When they pointed out how unusual it was to come to the ring with your opponent during Persia and Indi's entrance I was thinking "Sure Lance Archer does that a lot"

So far the Stand & Deliver card is:

• Ziggler vs Breakker for the NXT title
    • Cora vs Mandy for the Women's title
    • Ciampa vs D’Angelo
    • MSK vs Creed Brothers vs Imperium for the tag titles
    • Carmello Hayes vs Escobar vs 3 others in a ladder match for the NA title
    Post edited by CastorTroy on

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Really enjoying NXT the past few weeks I have to say. Looking forward to Stand & Deliver though it's gonna be a long ass day of wrestling with it being the same day as Mania part 1 😣

I'll likely watch that on Saturday night, Day 1 on Sunday and Day 2 on Monday

Dominik finally sent to NXT 😄

• Advertisement

So with main roster talent appearing on NXT and NXT talent appearing on NXT UK (Roderick Strong was on this week), is it part of a new initiative or something?

Roode getting his old music and rotating platform.

I was wrong about Dominik. Forgot he's at Mania that night.

So a tag title shot can be traded for a NXT title shot? That's new.

So who's attacking the Creeds and Diamond Mine?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Build for Bron and Ziggler has been really good I must say. I'd imagine it will be Bron winning and possibly a Gunther/Walter challenge afterwards.

LA Knight to the main roster perhaps along with Ciampa post Stand and Deliver?

I don't really like them switching to a Fatal 4 Way, I thought Mandy and Cora Jade had a better build as a solo feud with Shirai and Kay Lee Ray challenging for the tag belts it made more sense. They've already got a multi person match for the North American Championship so seems like overkill to me.

Plus they've got another multiple team match for the men's tag titles. Not sure on who is attacking the Creeds tbh. I figured it would just be Imperium but evidently not.

The change to fatal four way makes me think they decided to take the title from Mandy but didn't think Cora was ready yet.

Now that leaves the tag champs without opponents.

Mandy loses through shenanigans in fatal 4 way and doesn't take the pin.

The other two face Choo and Kota and get beat.

Toxic Attraction to the main roster. God help us.

Don't know what it is but there's something about Xyon Quinn that I like.

Just another post to say get LA Knight on the main roster already.

That first season of NWA Powerr was insane for the amount of talent they had that they shouldn't of had that was rightly raided.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭ThePott

Totally not up to date with NXT, haven't watched much since the re-brand.

Watching Stand and Deliver, that ladder match was insane, great showing and opener.

Grayson Waller looked like he messed up his arm.

Looks like there's going to be a few moving up to the main roster based on the results so far. Women's Tag Titles and North American Title changing hands already. Toxic Attraction most likely, Ciampa is already sort of there, LA Knight I fully expect to move up as well. Expecting Bron to win back the title and be challenged by WAL... sorry Gunther next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Lots of allusions to DIY here, probably nothing but would be ciampas best chance on the main roster.

Advertisement