Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options
1919293949597»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another ship jumper. 10, 10, 10.

Hopefully his wife and her iconic tag team partner get a return now.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Didn't Shawn HBK let that Shawn go previously, a surprise return I didn't expect

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Shawn Spears to whack Cody with a chair at WM for old times sake? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

NXT turning into AEW Dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And the crowd goes mild? If that's a "holy sh!t" moment to that crowd then I'd hate to see what would happen if something exciting happens. He even seems to be going with the old and tired AEW chair gimmick.

Seems another tease for next week as well. I assume Sol Ruca's return.

Luca Crusifino to join the family?

Still not sold on Lyra as champ but I do like her and Tatum.

• Advertisement

Another big return tonight, and I don't mean Sol.

Regal!

Wonder if Lyra was relieved or disappointed when Tatum seemed to show an interest in Kairi. 😀

Guess that means Roxanne will be facing Lyra at S&D. Then Tony facing Ilya.

Is it bad that I'm a bit annoyed at the Heritage Cup plaques using the US dates?

Ridge Holland announced that he is stepping away from in-ring competition indefinitely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Cotts72

It's probably for the best

• Card for Stand & Deliver
    • Ilja Dragunov (c) vs. Tony D'Angelo: Singles match for the NXT Championship
    • Baron Corbin and Bron Breakker (c) vs. Nathan Frazer and Axiom: Tag team match for the NXT Tag Team Championship
    • Lyra Valkyria (c) vs. Roxanne Perez: Singles match for the NXT Women's Championship
    • Oba Femi (c) vs. Dijak vs. Josh Briggs: Triple threat match for the NXT North American Championship
    • Thea Hail, Fallon Henley, and Kelani Jordan vs. Jacy Jayne, Kiana James, and Izzi Dame: Six-woman tag team match
    • Carmelo Hayes vs. Trick Williams: Singles match
    • Shawn Spears vs Joe Gacy (Kickoff Show Match)

Preshow at 4PM. Main show at 5PM Irish time.

Not sure who will win. Tag titles are likely to change so the Wolf Dogs can compete for the newly separated Smackdown titles.

Botched finish to the tag match this week was strange when no one thought of how to recover from it.

Curious to see "Georgina" when Arianna is finished with her.

Looks like Nattie has found someone else to latch on to.

Have to question the lack of safety equipment being used when Ilja was being brought to Tony.

I can't see Dalton and Axiom winning clean ..breaker and corbin have no other feuds going on the main roster unless one turns on the other setting up a program

• Advertisement

Giulia has also been photographed with a fan at wrestlemania world 👀

A very long "retirement" for Ridge

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Great event so far at stand and deliver.

Yup decent solid show but no WOW moment this far...maybe trick and melo will provide that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yeah really enjoying it so far, don't usually watch NXT but might have to give it a second chance after this.

Trick is ridiculously over

good event. The NA triple threat match was the match of the night.

The main event seems very rushed. I’m assuming something went long.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Women's match was booked completely wrong and the lads timing was off in the main, but the tag and triple threat were fun.

https://evoke.ie/2024/04/06/entertainment/irish-wwe-star-lyra-valkyria

‘The very first NXT fight I saw was Becky making her debut,’ she explains. ‘I was 17 and came home from school one day, when I turned the telly on there she was. She came out to traditional Irish dance music and was decked out in green, representing the country.

‘It really did make me think. Before seeing Becky, I thought everyone who gets into WWE was predetermined in some way. That they were from a wrestling family, or a sports background or were doing it since they were three years old. But that’s not the case at all. Becky showed me that.’

After falling down a ‘Google rabbit hole’, Lyra discovered that Becky had trained at a gym in Bray, Co Wicklow, so she decided to check it out. Finding her ‘tribe’ changed the entire course of her life. 'My whole life changed from taking that one chance that one day,' she says.

Being once so shy, does she struggle with the showmanship of the wrestling world? ‘It can be tough,’ she admits. ‘Because I’m around such larger-than-life entertainers all the time, but it’s what I aspire to be.’

The eldest of three kids, her father works in Dublin Airport, while her mother is a secondary school French and Irish teacher and she admits she’s ‘definitely a bit of a dark horse’ as there’s no wrestling link in her family. Indeed, her family were mystified for some time about her obsession with the WWE and her hopes of joining it one day. After she got into DCU to study journalism, they must have thought she was set for a career in media.

Had to laugh at Vic saying Karmen was pumping up Natalya before her match against Roxanne. I was thinking if she was pumped up anymore she would burst.

Weird ending to the match. Was like Lola was going to give a kick to the head or something but since Nattie was climbing into the ring, she just got the leg.

• Advertisement

I have to say I think booker T is god awful on commentary. I know that’s hardly a new thing and many times since he’s been on commentary in NXT I felt he took away from the product. Stand and deliver at the weekend though was one of the worst. Vic and Wade were doing what they had done on NXT before, and several times booker was just rambling having a conversation that was separate from the two lads.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yeah he comes across as almost going senile sometimes, like he's not aware of what's even happening in front of or beside him.

Whoop that Trick champ, Ilja to Raw hopefully

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Rumoured he’s going to join imperium. Hope that happens. Even hint at a power struggle between and Gunther down the line as he shouldn’t be there just to make up the numbers.

I don't see how he'd fit in there, he's arguably gunthers biggest rival and would be lost as a sidepiece

Something very familiar about that ending. Think they may have watched Bryan/Ospreay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Yeah, it looked remarkably similar to the finish of their first match from 2 months ago.....

Ah, forgot about that. Thanks.

So Ospreay/Bryan ripped them off. 😃

I'm sure it's one of those things that has been done many times but these examples are the most recent and most seen.

Still it is a cool spot when done with moves that can go either way.

Not like Edge getting misted when he should've been in spear stance by that time or other similar examples.

Advertisement